Forums

Topic: User titles?

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

DeathAngel

This is a little suggestion for the site. Can we have user titles depending on how many times we have posted? Like, when you see someones picture in their reply, it will have a user title beneath it.

Less than 50- Nintendo Bathroom Worker

50- Janitor

100- This playa suckz.

150- Loser

200- Gettin' better.

Add more.

Life is like Dora.

Tricoloryoshi

No, I can't count how many times I've previously posted!!!

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

StarBoy91

One moment please while I search for a meme
here's one:

Don't take it too seriously; my answer would still be "no", and besides, when else would I get a chance to use that? It's such a laughably classic line! Also, the YouTube embed is not working for some reason, which is why I'm linking it instead

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Radixxs

500- Terrestrial being involved in a multitude of conversations most of which concerning Nintendo and its many games and consoles.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

DeathAngel

It will automatically count all posts. Other forums I've been in have titles like that.

Life is like Dora.

The_Fox

The problem with that is that it encourages people to spam the boards with pointless posts just to make it to the next level.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

WesCash

No thanks. I'm afraid this would encourage people posting stuff for all the wrong reasons. It's better when everyone is treated and viewed equally. No need to group us into arbitrary categories and divide people. I like the fact that everyone's opinion here can be respected, no matter how long they've been on the site.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

theblackdragon

We've seen this kind of suggestion pop up before, DeathAngel, and the general consensus is that user titles based on post count or visible post counts merely encourage users to post spam-like comments or nonsensical silliness for the purpose of garnering a better 'rank' or higher post count as opposed to constructive contributions to discussions here at Nintendo Life.

Push Square and KINECTaku do have a non-post-count-related 'title' for users who participate on the forums there, but we admins have to go in and edit them for users. I wouldn't mind if there was a set group of 'titles' that users can choose from themselves (DeviantART uses a system like that iirc), but linking it to post count is not something we're likely to see happen here.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.