Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,601 to 6,620 of 9,620

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

@programmerpro http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_DS
@twinArmageddons I do that too, it's just so time consuming when you have a ton of buttons.

Are you doing it manually, and pixel accurate? I find it helps tremendously to just use 24x24 grid. So you'll have 8x11 keypad. Then it's a simple matter of

KEY=FLOOR(TCHY/24)*11+FLOOR(TCHX/24)

Obviously, you don't use every key. I don't use the rightmost keys (because they're cut in half).
Edit:
You can combine this technique with either array of strings denoting label, then GOTO labelstring
or what I'd do is just use a string filled with characters denoting the keys, and use MID$ to extract the key. Modifying the keys is just as easy as changing the string.

@ShadowGame
Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you mean "spawn" instead of that, uh, bad word. Better check your dictionary to make sure.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Arn0ld

@randomous Im just wondering have you looked at green hill zone theme?

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

randomous

@Xtremetdifan Oh, I'm sorry! I never said, did I? Well, I did look at it, and as much as I like the theme, I don't think I'll be able to reproduce it well. I'd have to create some custom sound effects to get that sort of "Sega" sound, and I just don't think I could. I'm sorry.

randomous

Arn0ld

randomous wrote:

@Xtremetdifan Oh, I'm sorry! I never said, did I? Well, I did look at it, and as much as I like the theme, I don't think I'll be able to reproduce it well. I'd have to create some custom sound effects to get that sort of "Sega" sound, and I just don't think I could. I'm sorry.

Oh it's cool, I'll just use some of the pre-set music...sigh... Thanks for checking it out though!

Botw > OoT

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

What is you guys' LEAST favourite part of PTC programming? Mine is doing touch screen buttons. Making the touch controls for Minecraft DS is a NIGHTMARE!

Everything. I'm in it for the aftermath results.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

ramstrong

0Games wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

What is you guys' LEAST favourite part of PTC programming? (snip)

A programmer would never say that. Maybe you should change your tag line signature to something more appropriate.

Petit Computer Journal

InsertPi

@ramstrong I do this: I touch the top-left and bottom-right of each button, record the TCHX and TCHY values of both presses, then I do something like this:
IF TCHX>10 AND TCHY> 10 AND TCHX<20 AND TCHY<20 THEN @EATPOTATO

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

@ramstrong I do this: I touch the top-left and bottom-right of each button, record the TCHX and TCHY values of both presses, then I do something like this:

For each button? No wonder it takes a long time. Hmmm. Maybe I should expedite that Virtual Keyboard blogpost I'd been meaning to write. Trust me. If you can go by grid, do it by grid. It won't take any time at all.

Petit Computer Journal

twinArmageddons

i just released version 0.05 of my attack on titan game c:
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_Tribute_Game
i added a limited amount of swords, swords can break if you hit titans too much, better 3dmg physics, left attacking, scrolling background, respawning after you die, easier to hit the titans, and an option to change the music volume
it's still very buggy though

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

ramstrong

twinArmageddons wrote:

it's still very buggy though

Let me know when the bugs are gone, and I'll give it a try. Can you post pics in the meantime?

Petit Computer Journal

twinArmageddons

ramstrong wrote:

Can you post pics in the meantime?

Untitled
this is an early picture before i added titans and i started messing around with the physics

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

ShadowGame

Thanks for your helping and sorry for the mistake with
spawn. I have another question:
I would make Level 2 in my game.
I would make 2 enemies in this Level.
The Problem is: how can i Check the collision
With sprite 4 (sprite 4 is a shoot that kills
the enemies.) and the two Enemy sprites (4 and 7)?
And how can i make the sprites to move?

Sorry for so much questions

ShadowGame

GraphicGenius

IAmAPerson wrote:

That's what I usually do too. And WOW these forums are slow.

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

InsertPi

@programmerpro they are usually NOT this slow. I don't know why we are all being so quiet. Maybe...someone is planning a big surprise and I don't know about it?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Discostew

Maybe people are just busy, whether that is with their SmileBASIC projects or other things.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

Discostew wrote:

Maybe people are just busy, whether that is with their SmileBASIC projects...

Yea I'm really working hard and trying to finish this next update for #MCDS (Yea, I just did that). @Bluerobin2 do you have an approximate date for the release of SmallMath? Not trying to rush you! Also, what are the commands and what is the syntax for each command? As soon as I get it, I want to make a 4-function calculator (if the language has the ability to use IFs in strings). Also, I'd love to see some graphic commands. Maybe something like:

DRAW.LINE X start,Y start,X end,Y end,colour

or

DRAW.DOT X,Y,colour

Slayer

ramstrong wrote:

0Games wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

What is you guys' LEAST favourite part of PTC programming? (snip)

A programmer would never say that. Maybe you should change your tag line signature to something more appropriate.

-_-
I'm not really sure if you can see through untrue statements or not. Everyone knows me here, I would never MEAN that.
I would say sprites, those seem simple but it took me a really long time to get the Gladiators custom sprites working for real.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Arn0ld

IAmAPerson wrote:

@programmerpro they are usually NOT this slow. I don't know why we are all being so quiet. Maybe...someone is planning a big surprise and I don't know about it?

heh heh heh...

Botw > OoT

SmokedSausage

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Hansausage i really like your Duck Hunt game!

Thanks! I am really glad someone enjoys it. There are so many more things that could be done with it that aren't though. Anyway thanks for playing!

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

BonChoi

Hansausage wrote:

Thanks! I am really glad someone enjoys it. There are so many more things that could be done with it that aren't though. Anyway thanks for playing!

Hey Han you should add a flying animation, the laughing dog and a better AI.
Awesome game btw

Edited on by BonChoi

Programmer for Minecraft DS!

Press B!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic