Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@Waffle003 nobody here believes you anyway, so why lie? Just admit you don't have much.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Slayer

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

slayer wrote:

Exactly. Good times though. I joined and you weren't talking.

The log:
You have joined room: Petit_Computer_Chat
Welcome to our live chat room!
slayer has joined.
<slayer> sent sound: applause
slayer: lol hi
coder1: hi
coder1: welcome back
coder1: I posted a solution for texmurphy but he left just as I was about to paste it in
coder1: did you get your sprites working yet
<slayer> sent sound: babygiggle
<slayer> sent sound: babygiggle
coder1: lol
<slayer> sent sound: arrow-flying
slayer has left.

How is that not talking?

I didn't see anything that you posted... strange... OH MY GOD! BEN! lol kidding

I have nothing really to say about myself.

steriaca

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Waffle003 nobody here believes you anyway, so why lie? Just admit you don't have much.

I'm thinking Waffle003 is doing this to somehow gain eather notice or popularity. Not eveyone who has a copy of this app is over the age or 18, and even then, not evey one who is physical mature is mentaly mature.

Simply put, don't brage about what a wonderful game your creating till it is created. Besides, 'womderful' is an opinion word, and should be for others to use about your game, not yourself.

I myself have created about 5 programs (4 games and one app, 4 of them published), and I am the first to tell you that thay are ugly pieces of code. This is the god honest truth about them. Anyone who knows basic BASIC can create them (especaly BOMB and BOMB2). That dosen't mean that I should inflate my ego by makeing myself out to be a better programer than I am. I am fine with not being the best programer. I like ideals, and I am proably just going to give them out for free for my betters to create.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Hairmanban19

@Swordx i would LOVE to make some sprites for DA2. Would you like me to? I could make some monster sprites and maybe some item sprites for you.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Slayer

Bluerobin2 wrote:

It's not a troll. It's the truth. Everyone shut up and be excited.

Slayer

He's worked on this for two months. GameFAQs is fine with it but honestly, this is why I was hesitant to join this site...

Slayer

Haters...

Slayer

People see SSB games and they're inspired by other people and that game. I've seen how well Waffle003 helps people out on the other forum, he knows lots of code, and he's very good at programming. Better than I am right now. Look at the posts on the GameFAQs and come back and post if you think he can make a Super Smash Bros. Tell me!

Discostew

Alright, I'm just about done with much of the game logic needed for this upcoming MM2 PTC demo (not the full game). A few tweaks and some polishing need to be done in some areas, as well as adding the audio back in, but the main thing that will complete the demo is to develop some levels. Like I said in a previous blog entry on my site, this demo will not incorporate levels from MM2. They will use tilesets and enemies from MM2, but the level designs will be completely custom. I think I can do that and get this out within 17 days (because after that is when I'm going on vacation). I'm not expecting bosses to be available in this demo though.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx i would LOVE to make some sprites for DA2. Would you like me to? I could make some monster sprites and maybe some item sprites for you.

Considering how much I SUCK at sprites, yes please. For monsters, I need them to be able to move in 4 different directions, and I need them to hav at least 1 animation. If you could do that for me, it would be VERY helpful. Also, I could use sprites for townsfolk. Also, I need a sprite for an arcade machine. If you make sprites for me, I'll put you in the ctedits, along with Brizobst for making a lot of music.

@Slayer I've read those posts. He always makes excuses as to why he can't release the game, and then there's the video. According to him, he had move sets done, AND he had a stage better than the picture shown. All the video had was the picture shown with different sprites. I said I had a Zelda like game in the works, but I had already made a game with OVER 5000 (not 9000 ) lines of code, and when I did make a video of th game, I showed some combat against early enemies. I proved I wasn't lying. Maybe he should do the same.

swordx

Pixelrobin

okedoke waffle lets that demo or a video or something. You have no real proof that you have a working prototype. (Im still kinda hoping its true)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

swordx

Discostew wrote:

Alright, I'm just about done with much of the game logic needed for this upcoming MM2 PTC demo (not the full game). A few tweaks and some polishing need to be done in some areas, as well as adding the audio back in, but the main thing that will complete the demo is to develop some levels. Like I said in a previous blog entry on my site, this demo will not incorporate levels from MM2. They will use tilesets and enemies from MM2, but the level designs will be completely custom. I think I can do that and get this out within 17 days (because after that is when I'm going on vacation). I'm not expecting bosses to be available in this demo though.

Ooo THIS is exciting! I can't wait to see what kind of levels you'll conjure up.

swordx

Discostew

slayer wrote:

People see SSB games and they're inspired by other people and that game. I've seen how well Waffle003 helps people out on the other forum, he knows lots of code, and he's very good at programming. Better than I am right now. Look at the posts on the GameFAQs and come back and post if you think he can make a Super Smash Bros. Tell me!

Knowing what each individual command does and why some errors occur is one thing. Utilizing them into a working product is another. Even if you're knowledgeable in something, if you're all talk and have little to back up that talk, then that's all it is. Making a game is a lot more complicated than most people think. It's not as simple as "add this in, and add that in". It's "add this in while making sure it doesn't break everything else"

If you're going to say that you've implemented something and want to show it off, make sure it works before you do so.

Discostew

randomous

@Discostew Ooo, I'm excited too! Why are you doing custom levels again? Is it because they already released MM2 on the eshop?

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Considering how much I SUCK at sprites, yes please. For monsters, I need them to be able to move in 4 different directions, and I need them to hav at least 1 animation. If you could do that for me, it would be VERY helpful. Also, I could use sprites for townsfolk. Also, I need a sprite for an arcade machine. If you make sprites for me, I'll put you in the ctedits, along with Brizobst for making a lot of music.

@Slayer I've read those posts. He always makes excuses as to why he can't release the game, and then there's the video. According to him, he had move sets done, AND he had a stage better than the picture shown. All the video had was the picture shown with different sprites. I said I had a Zelda like game in the works, but I had already made a game with OVER 5000 (not 9000 ) lines of code, and when I did make a video of th game, I showed some combat against early enemies. I proved I wasn't lying. Maybe he should do the same.

Ok,i think for the arcade machines,each one will just be a different color. I'm glad i can help you!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Ok,i think for the arcade machines,each one will just be a different color. I'm glad i can help you!

Yeah, I only need one arcade machine sprite.

Thank you so much for helping with the sprites. This will grealy decrease development time. I'll make a demo by the end of August.

swordx

randomous

@swordx I hope you don't mind, but I was planning on adding an arcade machine to my game too. I didn't know you were adding one to yours too... I'm not trying to copy you lol.

randomous

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx I hope you don't mind, but I was planning on adding an arcade machine to my game too. I didn't know you were adding one to yours too... I'm not trying to copy you lol.

Ooooo you can't haz arcade machine cuz i haz acade machineeeeee

lol JK. I have no reason to care, whether you're trying to copy me or not. Our arcade machines will feature different games. Mine will have Game & Watch: Punch Out!!, Super Smash Bros: Dungeon Adventure (featuring the 4 playable characters from DA 1, along with at least 2 stages), and a secret 3rd game. Yours will probably be different games.

swordx

Discostew

randomous wrote:

@Discostew Ooo, I'm excited too! Why are you doing custom levels again? Is it because they already released MM2 on the eshop?

You're partially correct, in the sense that the game was released recently, but in full, people have experienced the original levels so many times in the past that if I were to include the original levels in the demo, people might feel bored and not even want to try it out. I mean, why try the demo that is laid out exactly like the original when you can just go and play the original? With custom levels for the demos, people will feel a want to try them. The other reason is for test cases with the different enemy AI and game logic.

The full version will have the original levels because that was the goal all along, but it will have numerous other extras of my own design, such as the sound test (aka audio player).

Discostew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic