DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 749

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

161. Posted:

Oh, and how's Yoshi Touch 'n go ? :)

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

162. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Oh, and how's Yoshi Touch 'n go ? :)

Terrible. It's just a few lame minigames. I sold it as soon as I could.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nightwalker

163. Posted:

I've only played Pokemon TCG on Gameboy Color, and one of the Pokemon games that were published for the very same console. I skipped all GBA titles, but now I'm planing on buying one for the DS, as I found them for a very low price at around 5-10 dollars. So, my obvious question would be: Which one should I buy? I'd like to hear your experiences with Pokemon DS games, and if you're so kind as to explain to me the differences among the titles, I would be ever so grateful. :)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

AuthorMessage

noblo601

164. Posted:

For the dude who had their thread locked by TBD, I reckon that the pokemon games come down to one of two choices. Platinum of Soulsilver/Heartgold. Platinum is a better version of Diamond/Pearl, and also has the VS Seeker which increases the longevity of the game (as you can battle regular trainers on a more regular basis). In my opinion, the VS seeker makes this a very desirable game. On the other hand, Soulsilver/Heartgold have 16 Gym leaders (hence an increased number of more 'epic' battles) and 2 different run throughs of the elite four.

Personally, I think the fact there are 16 badges outweighs the VS seeker, but one of my mates hates soulsilver for the lack of vs seeker and only plays the older ds gen games as a result.

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

165. Posted:

Either Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (remake of the best Pokemon game), or Pokemon Platinum (a vast improvement over Diamond and Pearl).

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nightwalker

166. Posted:

^
^^
Thank you both. I have one more question, what about the Ranger and other titles, that are supposedly a bit different from Heartgold/Soulsilver etc...

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

167. Posted:

@noblo601 Just FYI the VS Seeker exists in Diamond/Pearl too.

@Nightwalker Pokemon Black and White are coming out in March so it may be worth waiting and picking up one of those. The people who played the Japanese versions had some good things to say about them.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

168. Posted:

And what's the deal with Ivy the Kiwi? Hmmm, I wonder if the DS demo is still up.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Nightwalker

169. Posted:

^ Pretty decent and fun platformer, I recommend it. :)

AuthorMessage

noblo601

170. Posted:

@HolyMackerel - haha yeah I know, I suppose I didn't write clear. That it was missing from Heartgold and Soulsilver is pretty bad though... would have added heaps to the adventure because I hate the phone calls...

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

Nightwalker

171. Posted:

So, I'd like to play a tactical, or strategy game on my DS, seeing as there are many cheap options available :). Can you recommend some, excluding Civ: Revolution and Dawn of Discovery? As an example, I'd mention Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Thanks in advance. :)

Edited on by Nightwalker

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

172. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

And what's the deal with Ivy the Kiwi? Hmmm, I wonder if the DS demo is still up.

i was skeptical, but LOVE this game. it's pretty big, too. it gets tough at points, which keeps it interesting, and it is fun, imo.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

173. Posted:

another 'strange' game i highly recommend is 'soul bubbles' which was put out as a special game from Toys R Us, i guess. i got it cheap on ebay just because it was so cheap and LOVE it. it's got a good learning curve and gets difficult enough to be interesting. the music is good also.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Nightwalker

174. Posted:

Nightwalker wrote:

So, I'd like to play a tactical, or strategy game on my DS, seeing as there are many cheap options available :). Can you recommend some, excluding Civ: Revolution and Dawn of Discovery? As an example, I'd mention Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Anyone? >.<

AuthorMessage

nicknintendo68

175. Posted:

a game i really enjoyed by didnt finish yet is kingdom hearts:385/2 days its a shame NL didnt review it yet.anyways i'm hoping i can buy re:coded soon i heard it was good!

im new here i have a wii,dsi,ds lite,3ds this gen
goldeneye fc:458973347875 name:Nick
you may have saw me before idk XD
3ds friend code
1332-7718-9264

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

176. Posted:

Nightwalker wrote:

Nightwalker wrote:

Anyone? >.<

Advanced Wars, Populous, Age of Empires, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LuigiTheGreenFire

177. Posted:

Hello, I do like Mario Party, and I'd love to play it on the go. What do you guys think? Is Mario Party DS worth the $29.99 price tag?

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732

AuthorMessage

yoyogamer

178. Posted:

I love Dragon quest XI, and wanted to try getting one of the DS remakes. Is it worth paying $50 just for the fifth one? (Dragon Quest V)

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

179. Posted:

yoyogamer wrote:

I love Dragon quest XI, and wanted to try getting one of the DS remakes. Is it worth paying $50 just for the fifth one? (Dragon Quest V)

Tough to say. On the one hand, it's one of the best in the series. On the other hand that's a totally rediculous price. Personally I'd just wait until Dragon Quest VI comes out in a few weeks.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

yoyogamer

180. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

yoyogamer wrote:

Tough to say. On the one hand, it's one of the best in the series. On the other hand that's a totally rediculous price. Personally I'd just wait until Dragon Quest VI comes out in a few weeks.

I preordered VI, it looks good. Thanks!

This is a signature.