DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Showing 201 to 220 of 541

AuthorMessage

MERG

201. Posted:

@edhe...how many hours have you logged so far? I'm just wondering how long the game is?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

coyote37

202. Posted:

Thanks edhe, I guess I'll have to keep half inching! I've been neglecting it to be honest because it so rarely hits (less than 10% I'd say) and has never got me an rare item. I've found it more fun to pound through battles as fast as possible, picking up dropped items as they appear. The success rate might not be higher than 10% thinking about it, but the gameplay is more rewarding!

What I haven't done yet is let more than one character learn half inch. I'll work on that.

coyote37

AuthorMessage

edhe

203. Posted:

MERG wrote:

@edhe...how many hours have you logged so far? I'm just wondering how long the game is?

77 hours, roughly and completed!

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

coyote37

204. Posted:

Just to confirm what edhe said for any players in the same stage as me- half inching is definitely the best way to gather items! With all four characters half-inching every turn, it doesn't take too long before the stats work out in your favour and you get a success.

coyote37

AuthorMessage

Raylax

205. Posted:

Just out of curiosity (and I don't want to read through the past 11 pages for an answer, spoilers and all that), what's the level cap, if there is one?

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Birdman

206. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

Just out of curiosity (and I don't want to read through the past 11 pages for an answer, spoilers and all that), what's the level cap, if there is one?

The level cap is 99. It'll take a while to get to.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

pikku

207. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

Raylax wrote:

The level cap is 99. It'll take a while to get to.

this.
but according to my friend, it has reincarnation, whisch basically means that once you reach the cap in any vocation, you can start that same vocation over in lvl1 but keep all your allocated skill points so you can max all the skills out eventually :)

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

MERG

208. Posted:

Please ignore my ignorance but...where do I find/get an alchemy pot to alchemise items?

AuthorMessage

nintendogamerftw

209. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Please ignore my ignorance but...where do I find/get an alchemy pot to alchemise items?

Once you've progressed enough in the game, when you enter the Stornway Inn, Erinn will show you Krak Pot. It will always be on the counter next to Erinn for you to use whenever you want from that point on.

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

AuthorMessage

MERG

210. Posted:

Thanks for the tip.

AuthorMessage

edhe

211. Posted:

coyote37 wrote:

Just to confirm what edhe said for any players in the same stage as me- half inching is definitely the best way to gather items! With all four characters half-inching every turn, it doesn't take too long before the stats work out in your favour and you get a success.

The consensus on Gamefaqs seems to be that Deftness helps in stealing (although it isn't confirmed in the manual), although I was wrong about it governing hit rate - it increases the chance of a pre-emptive strike (not so useful if you decide to go with agility, which affects your speed) and the chance to strike a critical hit (mighty useful when battling metal slimes).

And I notice you were looking specifically for flurry feathers.They spawn in significant numbers on the map if you want to bolster your number. Bloomingdale for one has a good source of feathers.

Can anyone answer me this though? When I go around to harvest things, sometimes nothing shows up. It doesn't matter if I haven't visited the spot for days (or even at all), but materials seem to be too rare for me. I hear most respawn after an hour of play, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?

AuthorMessage

Birdman

212. Posted:

@edhe - I have that problem sometimes as well. Iusually find this occuring after I haven't visited a region for a couple of real-world days. What usually works for me is to visit the site then come back in a few real-world hours and the item(s) have usually respawned by then.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

coyote37

213. Posted:

There's definitely some random element to the items respawning. I was having a hell of a time with Finnessance and Aggressance, because the fisticups south of Stornaway took FOREVER to respawn. Now I've reached the spawn site south of Batsureg, fisticups there respawn almost as soon as I go away and come back, while the Stornaway site still hardly provides any. So it's not the same rule governing every item spawn point as far as I can tell.

coyote37

AuthorMessage

Birdman

214. Posted:

If anyone has beaten the main quest and extra Quest no. 125 (Perk Up, Patty!), what did you do after learning the truth about Patty's friend? I'm stumped, and my OST isn't helping at all.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

edhe

215. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

If anyone has beaten the main quest and extra Quest no. 125 (Perk Up, Patty!), what did you do after learning the truth about Patty's friend? I'm stumped, and my OST isn't helping at all.

Find Patty['s Friend].

She should be somewhere around the village (batsureg) at night.

Sorry about the error. Find Patty's friend (have a good look around).

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?

AuthorMessage

Birdman

216. Posted:

Ah, I forgot about the whole "ghosts come out at night" thing. Thanks for your help!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Wooperman1

217. Posted:

Any tips on how to beat the Ragin' Contaigin'? (4th Boss)

Friend Codes:
WarioWare D.I.Y. (DS): 3610-3588-0297
Wii Friend Code: 4588-8258-8495-4316
[05:39] Wooperman1: Tails, Mah man!
[05:40] Tails: I'm not your man o.o;
[05:40] Wooperman1: Lol
Member Of:
The Name Pending Sextet (WOOPINATOR)
Kirby Fan Club (Regular Member)
Prosody's Supreme Goddess (High Priest)

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

218. Posted:

Just got the game yesterday at Nintendo World!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

219. Posted:

Hey I have just get these game!!! Woooo it looks awesome, but wait, im not going to be a celestial again :(, I really liked to help people and have wings... Oh well im just starting, will I have another chance to go to the "celsetial'' world?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

Redhawk

220. Posted:

coyote37 wrote:

I found that using snooze (or kasnooze) on an enemy makes it much easier to steal items.

Redhawk