Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 201 to 220 of 520

Birdman

If anyone has beaten the main quest and extra Quest no. 125 (Perk Up, Patty!), what did you do after learning the truth about Patty's friend? I'm stumped, and my OST isn't helping at all.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

edhe

Birdman13 wrote:

If anyone has beaten the main quest and extra Quest no. 125 (Perk Up, Patty!), what did you do after learning the truth about Patty's friend? I'm stumped, and my OST isn't helping at all.

Find Patty['s Friend].

She should be somewhere around the village (batsureg) at night.

Sorry about the error. Find Patty's friend (have a good look around).

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Birdman

Ah, I forgot about the whole "ghosts come out at night" thing. Thanks for your help!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

dlt656

Any tips on how to beat the Ragin' Contaigin'? (4th Boss)

dlt656

hulklol123456789

Hey I have just get these game!!! Woooo it looks awesome, but wait, im not going to be a celestial again , I really liked to help people and have wings... Oh well im just starting, will I have another chance to go to the "celsetial'' world?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Redhawk

coyote37 wrote:

Just to confirm what edhe said for any players in the same stage as me- half inching is definitely the best way to gather items! With all four characters half-inching every turn, it doesn't take too long before the stats work out in your favour and you get a success.

I found that using snooze (or kasnooze) on an enemy makes it much easier to steal items.

Redhawk

Birdman

@hulklol - Yep. You'll have to go back at least 3 or 4 times to the Observatory to finish the game. I could say more but I'd spoil the plot of the entire game.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

hulklol123456789

Hahaha ok, the game is very very cool, I have played some hours and I fell I have just started the history!!! These is really a awesome game!!!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Raylax

Quick question: Where do you get Malicite?

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Redhawk

I think mummys, blood mummys, grrrgoyles, and Hootingham-Gore all drop Malicite.

Redhawk

Raylax

Redhawk wrote:

I think mummys, blood mummys, grrrgoyles, and Hootingham-Gore all drop Malicite.

Nope, mummies/blood mummies just drop Grubby Bandages, Hootingham-Gore drops Sage's Elixer. Not come across grrrgoyles yet.

Raylax

edhe

Raylax wrote:

Redhawk wrote:

Nope, mummies/blood mummies just drop Grubby Bandages, Hootingham-Gore drops Sage's Elixer. Not come across grrrgoyles yet.

Either regular or bloody mummies, actually. The bandages are the common drops or steals, while malicite is the rarer steal/drop.

You can also create one through alchemy. (1 pink pearl, 2 terrible tattooes and 3 sprigs of narspicious)

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Redhawk

edhe wrote:

Raylax wrote:

Redhawk wrote:

Either regular or bloody mummies, actually. The bandages are the common drops or steals, while malicite is the rarer steal/drop.

You can also create one through alchemy. (1 pink pearl, 2 terrible tattooes and 3 sprigs of narspicious)

Sorry about the confusion, I looked it up on Gamefaqs but forgot to tell you they were rare drops.

Redhawk

GamerZack87

I finally got my copy today! The pre-order arrived last Thursday, but I was only able to pay the rest today. And I must admit, it's better than I expected! And I already had high expectations about it! My character is named Coryn, and he's currently Level 8. I'm about to head back to the Starflight Express with Stella...by the way, I LOLed at the fact that Ivor couldn't see it! "It's just a fallen tree!"...that's my quote of the day

By the way, I realise I'm a noob at this game...but it's only been out for less than a week here!

Edited on by GamerZack87

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

Raylax

Redhawk wrote:

edhe wrote:

Raylax wrote:

Redhawk wrote:

Sorry about the confusion, I looked it up on Gamefaqs but forgot to tell you they were rare drops.

No worries. I found the recipe on a bookcase ingame anyway. Got the stuff I needed it for now

Raylax

Raylax

'Scuse my double post, but that's quite a nasty quote tower forming up there

New question for ya; I've found recepies to cook up a Spring Breeze Hat, a Summer Cloud Hat, an Autumn Shower Hat and a Winter Sky Hat. Each of them requires one of the other hats as an ingredient (ie; spring requires winter requires autumn requires summer requires spring), so I'm wondering where you can obtain one of these hats so that the others can be alchemised (but preferably 4 of them, so I can have a full set)

Raylax

nintendogamerftw

@Raylax
Only one of those four hats can be obtained by means other than alchemization. The Spring Breeze Hat can be stolen or obtained as a drop item from the treasure map boss Fowleye, who resembles Hootingham - Gore. From my own experiences, Fowleye usually appears in a dungeon Lv 50 - 80.

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

GamerZack87

Uh...how do I change the signature colours for my characters?

So asked the DQnoob

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

Redhawk

NintendoPurist wrote:

Uh...how do I change the signature colours for my characters?

So asked the DQnoob

Open the menu, go to Misc., then go to tactics. You should see each of your character's colors on the far right. Just click the one you want to change.

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.