Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 221 to 240 of 520

Crazygamerfreak

got about 85% of the completed monsters list but some of the grotto monsters are so hard to get. This includes the rank s monsters which I have barely acquired 5 of.

I also got Greygnarl in a treasure map but he is far to hard. Any strategies for him?

Me old Backloggery
Excitebike World Rally Friend Code: 3051 8498 5866
Goldeneye 007: 1244 - 1039 - 8836
Monster Hunter Tri: Name: Curt HR 150+
There are many consequences for the simpilest things we do.
Kicks are my...

GamerZack87

Bad news...I need to get a new copy of DQIX ASAP...say, just out of interest, how would you react if you lost your copy while out-and-about...exactly two days after buying it?

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

WolfRamHeart

@NintendoPurist: Wow, that is really terrible. I feel for you man. I would be devastated if that happened to me. I currently have over one hundred hours of game time on my save file and I would hate to lose all of that progress.

WolfRamHeart

GamerZack87

It's okay...I wasn't very far into the game, so I should be able to catch-up quickly. I'd just defeated Morag in Brigadoom. Anyway, I'll just need to curb the withdrawals with DQWars.

CHINK

turtlelink

Hey, does anyone know how to access the online functions such as the quests and such?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

nintendogamerftw

@Crazygamerfreak
If you have anyone who's mastered the fan skill tree, have them start off using Reverse Cycle. Afterwards, have a Paladin use Forbearence so that all of Greygnarl's roars are targeted at them, leaving the rest of your party time to buff up and attack.
@Turtlelink
You talk to Sellma, who is located in the Stornway Inn after you've progressed far enough in the game.

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

Birdman

Just something I want to point out for those in the post-game. Well, two things actually, but you get my idea. The first: If you haven't been on DQVC in the last few days, you may want to check out this week's new quests. One of them, Tree-Hugging Titan, is a very repeatable post-game quest with random rewards. It's very easy to complete, but if you can't figure it out Mercy is a Ranger skill unlocked at 16 skill points in the Ruggedness skill tree. Also, if you've been having trouble with post-game quest Risqué Respects, this week's DQVC sale has a chance of selling the Dangerous Bustier you need to complete the quest. Just something I wanted to point out to everyone.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

GamerZack87

Good news everyone! I've finished fine-tuning the What-if? Machine! It can now answer any question within 1/10th of a plausibility unit! And I've replaced my lost copy of Dragon Quest IX!

I have another question: is there anywhere on the Interwebs where I can watch the Aussie DQIX ads? I've already seen the Japanese ad (so funny!) and both Seth Green ads (so very funny!), but now I'd like to see both the ads from my home turf (so very very funny...except the one I haven't seen yet. You know, because I haven't seen it...so how could I possibly know if it's funny or not?).

Edited on by GamerZack87

CHINK

GamerZack87

Well, I'd still like to see them...and I don't watch a lot of TV since most of my time's eaten-up by playing Magic in my FLGS, playing my DSi and Wii, and being trapped within these forums
Also, watching retro eps of Power Rangers! So good...

Edited on by GamerZack87

CHINK

MERG

Two things...is the only way for me to get my DS online for the shop to change my router to WEP?

Also, as much as I wanted to get through this game on my own...I seem to be stuck at Wormwood. Where do I go next?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

retired_account

Does this game get any less repetitive after the desert palace? There's been no variety so far, and I've been using the same attacks and spells to take down enemies for about 20 hours now. It's getting old grinding for money to buy overpriced armor and weapons too. I'm not crazy about changing someone's vocation just for them to go back to level 1 and have to spend forever leveling them up and buying new armor for them. :/

retired_account

edhe

pixelman wrote:

Does this game get any less repetitive after the desert palace? There's been no variety so far, and I've been using the same attacks and spells to take down enemies for about 20 hours now. It's getting old grinding for money to buy overpriced armor and weapons too. I'm not crazy about changing someone's vocation just for them to go back to level 1 and have to spend forever leveling them up and buying new armor for them. :/

That's dragon Quest for you...

I got about as far as the desert area before I stopped buying all the armour and weapons I came across - alchemy is much more rewarding.

Regarding my main battle strategies, I use very few techniques as well, and it seems to suit me fine. That is, I weaken a boss with helm splitter, multiheal with my priest (every turn - she's useless in every other respect at the moment), kabuff with my paladin (then spam thunder thrusts or regular attacks) and falcon blade/falcon blade+falcon slash with my 3rd melee fighter. When my main character (also a melee fighter) weakens the boss's defence enough, he joins in.

I haven't battled a really tough one yet that's required me to alter my strategy again, but I might improve the priest's atack capability and open it up a bit.

As for random battles, I just cut through them with regular attack spam.

If you want money, there are several ways you can go about raising cash, and I can tell you if you want.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

MERG wrote:

is the only way for me to get my DS online for the shop to change my router to WEP?

Yes. I can't express my feelings about Nintendo's system software design without using a stream of obscenities so I won't even go there. Here's what I've done. I've configured an old, disused wireless router for WEP. When I need to go online with the DS, I unplug the WPA2 wireless router from the cable modem and plug the WEP router in its place. I then toggle the power on the cable modem because it's configured (by our ISP) to talk to only the first device it sees after powering up. Once I'm done with the DS, I swap back to the WPA2 router and toggle the power on the cable modem again.

Pain in the pancakes. Thank goodness the 3DS should finally put an end to this crap (for new 3DS games only). Regular DS games will almost certainly continue to support only WEP on the 3DS as well due to Nintendo's "outstanding" system software "design".

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

Dicesukeinuzuka

MERG wrote:

Two things...is the only way for me to get my DS online for the shop to change my router to WEP?

Also, as much as I wanted to get through this game on my own...I seem to be stuck at Wormwood. Where do I go next?

apparently, if you have a DSi and go to advance settings on the internet connection option, their are more options

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

Birdman

@MERG - Head North if you haven't gotten the necklace yet. If you have, head west, as the Bowhole is the next dungeon.

@edhe - You may want to have your priest spend some time as an armamentalist and get a few Fource abilities. Those help to buff up your melee fighters in boss battles. Also, get her Half-Inch, from the thief line, for random battles. Both are well worth the time it takes to get them.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Dicesukeinuzuka wrote:

apparently, if you have a DSi and go to advance settings on the internet connection option, their are more options

From what I've heard, DS games in a DSi can only do WEP. If anyone knows for certain that I'm wrong, I'd love to know about it. I would love to be wrong about this.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Birdman13 wrote:

Tree-Hugging Titan, is a very repeatable post-game quest with random rewards.

According to the quest guide on GameFAQs, you get a seed of life the first time and an ace of clubs every additional time.

edhe

Birdman13 wrote:

@edhe - You may want to have your priest spend some time as an armamentalist and get a few Fource abilities. Those help to buff up your melee fighters in boss battles. Also, get her Half-Inch, from the thief line, for random battles. Both are well worth the time it takes to get them.

Funnily enough, my priest began as a mage (until I found out my attacks were useless), when I changed to an armamentalist and learnt a few fource spells (what do they do by the way?), finally settling as a priest. I taught each of my characters half inch as well, although it's pretty useless if they don't have the dexterity to match.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Birdman

@edhe - Fource abilities raise the attack/resistance of the character they're cast upon 1 stage by the Fource ability they're given. For example, if you gave someone a Fire Fource and then melee-attacked an ice-based monster (Shivery Shrubbery, Freezing Fog, etc.), you will do more damage to that monster. Or, that's what I think they do at least. Ultimately they're a bit limited in use but can be effective if you know how to use them.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.