Forums

Topic: December 21, 2009 DSiWare Predictions!

Posts 21 to 40 of 54

geek-master

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

WolfRamHeart wrote:

I really hope we get Reflect Missile!

it looks alot like arkanoid

It is a little, but different in other ways.

It's also way better than Uno. You're probably ok with Uno because you're a Uno nut, but most people will find Reflect Missile a far more interesting game

im wanting UNO so bad becuase i dont have a iphone and this version of UNO looks just like the one on the iphone. trust me we can all use more online dsiware games. and missile reflect looks ok. im kinda getting tired of arkanoid from playing it to death on websites like miniclip.....

Like I said, you're an Uno fan, so you'll get along with it fine.

It's just a shoddy game, is all. It plays Uno, but badly. You need to be a real Uno fan to get much out of it.

look i have uno on my dads cell phone and i think the tornomant mode is very rewarding. the online makes this game a gem at 500 points. and like i said at first if the online community is slow at turns they will learn the game eventualy.

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Bankai

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

WolfRamHeart wrote:

I really hope we get Reflect Missile!

it looks alot like arkanoid

It is a little, but different in other ways.

It's also way better than Uno. You're probably ok with Uno because you're a Uno nut, but most people will find Reflect Missile a far more interesting game

im wanting UNO so bad becuase i dont have a iphone and this version of UNO looks just like the one on the iphone. trust me we can all use more online dsiware games. and missile reflect looks ok. im kinda getting tired of arkanoid from playing it to death on websites like miniclip.....

Like I said, you're an Uno fan, so you'll get along with it fine.

It's just a shoddy game, is all. It plays Uno, but badly. You need to be a real Uno fan to get much out of it.

look i have uno on my dads cell phone and i think the tornomant mode is very rewarding. the online makes this game a gem at 500 points. and like i said at first if the online community is slow at turns they will learn the game eventualy.

You really don't understand what I mean by loading times, do you? <_<

It's not quite Final Fantasy VI on the Playstation, but it's close. It really does kill the game - there is no reason whatsoever a DSiWare game needs loading times.

geek-master

@locked enough is enough with the quote threads im getting sick of them destroying good topics.
@WaltzElf in loading time do you meen how long it takes to get to the menu once you click on the icon in the dsi menu?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

20thPaul

Yeah, enough with all of the quoting!!! >=(
On topic, I'm def. excited for dragon lair!!!

I love rpgs and platformers the most... racing games are good too!
I have a black dsi and a blue 3DS. :D
"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."
3DS friend code: 3695 0029 5257

Bankai

geek-master wrote:

@locked enough is enough with the quote threads im getting sick of them destroying good topics.
@WaltzElf in loading time do you meen how long it takes to get to the menu once you click on the icon in the dsi menu?

I've already explained this. Every single time you select something there is a noticable loading time. Select a "quick play" from the main menu and you have to wait while a spinning disc counts up to 100% for the game to load. Select a card and there's a second while the computer calculates the action before the next person can have their turn. Select, wait. Select, wait. Select, wait. It's tedious and utterly unnecessary. Loading times are a thing of the past - I can understand why Tape or CD - based technology needs a loading time. But we're in the era of digital downloads. When I select something, I expect it to load instantly.

Anything less than that is just shocking programming.

If you're an UNO fan, you can probably live with this. Personally, I've just gone back to the hyper-smooth Clubhouse Games and Contract Bridge. I play Uno a little online when I'm bored, but that's about the extent of "value" to this game, IMO.

4/10

Edited on by Bankai

geek-master

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

I've already explained this. Every single time you select something there is a noticable loading time. Select a "quick play" from the main menu and you have to wait while a spinning disc counts up to 100% for the game to load. Select a card and there's a second while the computer calculates the action before the next person can have their turn. Select, wait. Select, wait. Select, wait. It's tedious and utterly unnecessary. Loading times are a thing of the past - I can understand why Tape or CD - based technology needs a loading time. But we're in the era of digital downloads. When I select something, I expect it to load instantly.

If you're an UNO fan, you can probably live with this. Personally, I've just gone back to the hyper-smooth Clubhouse Games and Contract Bridge. I play Uno a little online when I'm bored, but that's about the extent of "value" to this game, IMO.

4/10

i do have clubhouse games and i enjoy it very much but its sad not many people play online anymore.....to get to 100% during loading times is only like 7sec. its so sad amazing games are rated down for loading times on ign. also why cant you egnor the loading times and give your opinion on the game modes. im getting this game mostly for online and the amazing tornomant mode. in my opinion this game deserves a 9/10

Edited on by geek-master

Bankai

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

4/10

i do have clubhouse games and i enjoy it very much but its sad not many people play online anymore.....to get to 100% during loading times is only like 7sec. its so sad amazing games are rated down for loading times on ign. also why cant you egnor the loading times and give your opinion on the game modes. im getting this game mostly for online and the amazing tornomant mode. in my opinion this game deserves a 9/10

You haven't even played the game. You can't rate it - that's ridiculous.

I'll say it again - loading times on a digital download game are a sure sign of quick and nasty programming. Clubhouse games is a million times more refined - it looks better, it's faster, and it's cleaner. Uno feels like a mobile phone game - cheap.

I rate games based on quality and effort. Uno has little of either (like most of Gameloft's games), and while it's ultimately playable, and diehard Uno fans will love it, other people are far better off looking for other board/ card games - I'd recommend the little bit of... card game classics over this, and PictureBook Games - the Royal Bluff is a similarly classic parlour game design that works far better.

Uno's one and only saving grace is the online - but you're better off trading friend codes and playing Clubhouse instead.

almostnacho

WaltzElf wrote:

You haven't even played the game. You can't rate it - that's ridiculous.

Yeah, geek-master, you should probably hear WaltzElf out on this. WaltzElf is in Europe, has a European DSi, and has downloaded UNO.

I'm back with a shiny new 3DS, yay!
FC: 5370-0428-9949
Walker is the best Animal Crossing character ever.

Percentful

@WaltzElf here is where your logic goes astray. You say that Geek-master will like it because he is a UNO nut. Really, anyone who has enough patience will love the game. I am extremely patient, and I know that it won't bother me. Odds are, it's just you that is complaining about that [no offence]. I have not heard from any other person who has it about loading time. Anyone who was interested will like it, as long as they can wait [how important is 7 seconds in your life?].
@Geek-master I have to agree, you can't rate a game if you don't own it [unless it's electroplankton, in which it always gets a 10].

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

geek-master

110percentful wrote:

@WaltzElf here is where your logic goes astray. You say that Geek-master will like it because he is a UNO nut. Really, anyone who has enough patience will love the game. I am extremely patient, and I know that it won't bother me. Odds are, it's just you that is complaining about that [no offence]. I have not heard from any other person who has it about loading time. Anyone who was interested will like it, as long as they can wait [how important is 7 seconds in your life?].
@Geek-master I have to agree, you can't rate a game if you don't own it [unless it's electroplankton, in which it always gets a 10].

im giving this game my visual impressions not actual review. so far from the youtube videos i can see that this game is just as top notch as the iphone version which my friend let me play at his house.
@waltz Elf i do have club house games and i also think the interface is great but its sad to see not many people play online with it anymore.

brandonbwii

Potentially a big day so I'm going to say, myNotebook: Green, Dragon's Lair, a handful of Game and watch games, maybe one more. I'll go with Reflections.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Percentful

I'm really hoping for UNO. Other than that, maybe reflect missile.

Just let it happen.

20thPaul

@brandonbwii

I forgot about the game & watch games!!!! It would be awesome if they were released on Monday!!! I'm still hoping for the AiRace game too!

I love rpgs and platformers the most... racing games are good too!
I have a black dsi and a blue 3DS. :D
"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."
3DS friend code: 3695 0029 5257

geek-master

20thPaul wrote:

@brandonbwii

I forgot about the game & watch games!!!! It would be awesome if they were released on Monday!!! I'm still hoping for the AiRace game too!

i have a sick feeling in my stomach that UNO dsiware wont come this next monday.....those predictions just seem like whats going to happen next monday.....

almostnacho

lockd wrote:

Maybe Bloons will come!

What makes you say that? I mean, that would be cool, but I wouldn't predict that.

I'm back with a shiny new 3DS, yay!
FC: 5370-0428-9949
Walker is the best Animal Crossing character ever.

Kenji510

Well lets see, for sure we gonna get the MyNoteBook the green one tomorrow and i dunno what else will be out as well... hopefully we will get these and i want them too.

-Solitaire DSi
-Uno
-Mr. Game & Watch

Wii Friend Code: 8193-4915-4160-2184
PS3 PSN ID: Hayato510
XB360 Gamertag: Hayato510

Percentful

@kenji it's already confirmed that Solitare isn't coming out until january. I think that the Mr. Game & Watch are possible/

Just let it happen.

Kenji510

110percentful wrote:

@kenji it's already confirmed that Solitare isn't coming out until january. I think that the Mr. Game & Watch are possible/

Where did u hear it from about the Solitaire DSi coming out in January?.. got a link for it or someone told u already?

Kenji510

Nevermind, just found it on the page here: http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/games/dsiware/2_in_1_solitaire

It says Jan 11th 2010 and I hope thats the real date as well and not a fake one ya know what i mean.

But thanks for the heads up that its finally confirmed and dont have to worry anymore.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.