Forums

Topic: December 14, 2009 DSiWare Predictions!

Posts 1 to 20 of 50

20thPaul

Okay, now that we know all about today's download of awesomeness (well, compared to most other dsi weeks), anybody got any ideas?

I love rpgs and platformers the most... racing games are good too!
I have a black dsi and a blue 3DS. :D
"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."
3DS friend code: 3695 0029 5257

20thPaul

Uno on dsi? What is this craziness, I certainly haven't heard of this before! Geez, next people will be wanting a dsi solitaire or something!

I'm hoping for that Ai Race game and Flipper!

"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."

geek-master

if uno does not come out i dont know what else will.....

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

rosemo

Ok...I am going to finally predict that UNO will come next week. I also think we will get the tepid Just Sing: Christmas Songs! next week as well.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

Hardy83

Well aside from MyNotebook which we were told would come out, I wasn't expecting any of these games, so for next week I'm going to a give a big who the $%^& knows.

Hardy83

20thPaul

@Hardy83
Well, Pop Island and that puzzle game that was released today (I forgot the name) were also previously announced.

Though I agree, DSiWare can def. be unpredictable since nintendo barely ever announces their downloadable releases ahead of time. Which is exactly why it can be fun guessing because none of us know anything!

grumblegrumble

I hope missile reflect comes out! i think the last mynotebook app is supposed to come out, too. as far as uno, who knows, but you guys need to stop disappointing yourselves and just be patient!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

geek-master

[quote=grumble...grumble]I hope missile reflect comes out! i think the last mynotebook app is supposed to come out, too. as far as uno, who knows, but you guys need to stop disappointing yourselves and just be patient!

[/quote]

..... uno was invented in america and it should have come to the american dsiware service first. so far the only country left for uno is america.

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

Bankai

What has that got to do with anything, Geek Master? Uno is not just played in America, regardless of where it was invented.

But you're not missing out on anything anyway. Uno doesn't play very well on the DS (Loading times for a DSiWare game is insane.)

WAIW

Reflection? Please?
Flight Control
Fieldrunners
Dragon's Lair
Some other Sudoku game

WAIW

geek-master

WaltzElf wrote:

What has that got to do with anything, Geek Master? Uno is not just played in America, regardless of where it was invented.

But you're not missing out on anything anyway. Uno doesn't play very well on the DS (Loading times for a DSiWare game is insane.)

loading times?! birds and beans loads in 1 second! What has that got to do with anything.....

Bankai

Dude, you haven't even played Uno.

It has horrendous loading times. Play a card, and there's a loading time before the next person can. Each screen takes a good 5 seconds to load. You spend a lot of time with Uno sitting around waiting for things to load - the card games from Clubhouse games are far, far smoother.

Loading, when it's as bad as it is with Uno, makes the game far more frustrating than it need be. Birds and Beans doesn't have the kind of loading times I'm talking about.

So, again, Uno ain't that great.

20thPaul

@WaltzElf

Oh wow, that doesn't sound good! I hope we get several releases again. I'm also hoping for more square games. Preferably an rpg, though they've made some good strategy downloadables as well.

geek-master

WaltzElf wrote:

It has horrendous loading times. Play a card, and there's a loading time before the next person can. Each screen takes a good 5 seconds to load. You spend a lot of time with Uno sitting around waiting for things to load - the card games from Clubhouse games are far, far smoother.

Loading, when it's as bad as it is with Uno, makes the game far more frustrating than it need be. Birds and Beans doesn't have the kind of loading times I'm talking about.

and you were the one that said we didnot need a SD card menu..... :/

Bankai

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

and you were the one that said we didnot need a SD card menu..... :/

It's a little different when it comes to the game itself.

Once I've got the game running, I expect it to run smoothly. Loading times should be left with the Playstation and PS2 eras... and this is a digital game. There should be no loading times.

Percentful

@waltzelf are you talking about wifi? Because I had some wifi games that took forever to load. Then I got a different internet connectoin, and a new router, and the games Wifi went smoothly and fast. It might just be your wifi, not the game.
Anyways, Probably that Just Sing Christmas Songs and maybe Reflect missle. I seriously wonder if UNO is going to be released on the last day before Christmas.
If you hate the loading, maybe it's just because you are impatient, but I never found you to be impatient.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Digiki

110electropercent wrote:

If you hate the loading, maybe it's just because you are impatient, but I never found you to be impatient.

The extreme caution some members tend to take is kind of cute, but it gets grating after a while.

There are acceptable load times and unacceptable load times, according to Waltz they're the latter.
On a digital game, load times should rarely ever be noticable.

Percentful

Extreme Caution? Extreme caution would be saying I think you are the most patient person on the Web. I read through comments, and I can name a lot of comments from everyone. I have a photographic memory in that way. Anyways, I guess you are right, sometimes load times can be bad, but it might not necissarilly be the game, as I mentioned before. The review never mentions bad loading time, and I am quoting it right here. "If you tire of playing against the CPU, you'll be pleased to know that UNO supports Nintendo WiFi Connection for some reasonably speedy online play." According to James, who I trust more than Waltz [no offense, but he is a mod and a reviewer], the game has speedy wifi. I am led to believe it is just a WiFi connection problem, not the game itself.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.