Forums

Topic: December 14, 2009 DSiWare Predictions!

Posts 21 to 40 of 50

Bankai

110electropercent wrote:

@waltzelf are you talking about wifi? Because I had some wifi games that took forever to load. Then I got a different internet connectoin, and a new router, and the games Wifi went smoothly and fast. It might just be your wifi, not the game.
Anyways, Probably that Just Sing Christmas Songs and maybe Reflect missle. I seriously wonder if UNO is going to be released on the last day before Christmas.
If you hate the loading, maybe it's just because you are impatient, but I never found you to be impatient.

Nah, I'm talking about the little spinning Uno disk that has a percentage that goes from 0 - 100 % when loading games and screens, and the 1-second pause you have to endure after each card is played. It's a basic card game - if clubhouse games can load everything in half of one millisecond, there's no reason Uno can't.

Luckily there is no lag online, because then it would be completely unplayable.

As the dude above me said - there are acceptable and unacceptable things you need to wait for. I don't mind waiting for something to download, I don't mind the transfer of data to and from one source to another. There is no excuse for in-game pauses, especially for a digital download.

The reason loading times existed in the past is because data had to be accessed from the CD, and this took time. From a cartridge or digital download, the only excuse is sloppy programming (but then, this is Gameloft, we should be used to it by now).

Bankai

110electropercent wrote:

Extreme Caution? Extreme caution would be saying I think you are the most patient person on the Web. I read through comments, and I can name a lot of comments from everyone. I have a photographic memory in that way. Anyways, I guess you are right, sometimes load times can be bad, but it might not necissarilly be the game, as I mentioned before. The review never mentions bad loading time, and I am quoting it right here. "If you tire of playing against the CPU, you'll be pleased to know that UNO supports Nintendo WiFi Connection for some reasonably speedy online play." According to James, who I trust more than Waltz [no offense, but he is a mod and a reviewer], the game has speedy wifi. I am led to believe it is just a WiFi connection problem, not the game itself.

I'm also a reviewer, if that helps you give my opinion legitimacy >_>

The Wifi connection is speedy. It's a fault of the game review that it doesn't mention the noticable load times, and the pauses between card plays.

Percentful

That does help my opinion, but I am still wondering. Are you referring to Random wifi matches, friend matches, or just normal CPU matches? If you are reffering to Friend matches or CPU matches, then that is bad. Random Wifi things are often slow.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Bankai

110electropercent wrote:

That does help my opinion, but I am still wondering. Are you referring to Random wifi matches, friend matches, or just normal CPU matches? If you are reffering to Friend matches or CPU matches, then that is bad. Random Wifi things are often slow.

Anything. The game is filled with loading times. I didn't notice any lag with WiFi matches, simply because I had to wait just as long to play the game (hell, every single card) when I wasn't even connected online.

Percentful

Whoa, now I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about Wifi, not the normal game. I certainly will have to think about getting this now.

Just let it happen.

Bankai

110electropercent wrote:

Whoa, now I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about Wifi, not the normal game. I certainly will have to think about getting this now.

It's worth getting for online play if you've got 500 points to spare, but the production values of the game are terrible - Clubhouse games does everything so much better.

It's a pity, because Uno's a really cool game.

vakama94

back on topic, im really looking forward to reflect missile and reflection

Wii/Wii speak code: 3806-0294-4056-8996
Onslaught:4340-0271-1699
Water Warefare: 4425-9463-9620
Brawl: 0001-3122-8906
Alien Crush Returns: 3094-0734-8146
Guitar Hero WT:0517-1018-6803
Call of duty: WaW: 2364-4256-5784
Mario Kart wii: 0431-0800-9322
if yo...

geek-master

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Dude, you haven't even played Uno.

It has horrendous loading times. Play a card, and there's a loading time before the next person can. Each screen takes a good 5 seconds to load. You spend a lot of time with Uno sitting around waiting for things to load - the card games from Clubhouse games are far, far smoother.

Loading, when it's as bad as it is with Uno, makes the game far more frustrating than it need be. Birds and Beans doesn't have the kind of loading times I'm talking about.

So, again, Uno ain't that great.

and you were the one that said we didnot need a SD card menu..... :/

It's a little different when it comes to the game itself.

Once I've got the game running, I expect it to run smoothly. Loading times should be left with the Playstation and PS2 eras... and this is a digital game. There should be no loading times.

the nintendo dsi might not have the best motherboard imo. becuase i know asus is 100X better at making fast motherboards then IBM aka lets build a smarter planet

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Bankai

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

geek-master wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Dude, you haven't even played Uno.

It has horrendous loading times. Play a card, and there's a loading time before the next person can. Each screen takes a good 5 seconds to load. You spend a lot of time with Uno sitting around waiting for things to load - the card games from Clubhouse games are far, far smoother.

Loading, when it's as bad as it is with Uno, makes the game far more frustrating than it need be. Birds and Beans doesn't have the kind of loading times I'm talking about.

So, again, Uno ain't that great.

and you were the one that said we didnot need a SD card menu..... :/

It's a little different when it comes to the game itself.

Once I've got the game running, I expect it to run smoothly. Loading times should be left with the Playstation and PS2 eras... and this is a digital game. There should be no loading times.

the nintendo dsi might not have the best motherboard imo. becuase i know asus is 100X better at making fast motherboards then IBM aka lets build a smarter planet

Has nothing to do with it. Most of the other DSiWare games run fine, without loading times or in-game interruptions. It's only Gameloft releases that have loading times.

Percentful

I was looking at the list of other Gameloft games, and which ones have lots of loading time?

Just let it happen.

Eel

110electropercent wrote:

I was looking at the list of other Gameloft games, and which ones have lots of loading time?

well, the only gameloft game i have is Guitar Rock Tour, and it has loading times, when starting the game and before playing a song, but they're not that long or annoying.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Percentful

Very Very Interesting...
It doesn't matter much to me, because I don't want any Gameloft Games, except UNO [though that is questionable now]

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

20thPaul

Well, now I definitely hope that uno comes out next monday... so everybody can stop complaining that it's not out haha!

I love rpgs and platformers the most... racing games are good too!
I have a black dsi and a blue 3DS. :D
"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."
3DS friend code: 3695 0029 5257

geek-master

Sylverstone wrote:

I have a bad feeling that Just Sing is heading our way....

myNotebook is already confirmed, and Reflection is long overdue.,,,,
Not so sure about UNO yet, and Flight Control looks ready for release soon.....

I'm undecided on most things

if uno does not come i will.....Untitled

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

thaneds

All the complainers need to stop... this forum is only meant as predictions... LOADING times do suck, but then why do you buy ONLINE games. take yugioh for example: the . . . of actual players take for ever, but we all start as newbies and impatients are best gone or wait. if you complain of the online then just do not play online. EXPECT to wait, or just give up and play offline... or even just bite your tongue and continue. simple....

"Why hate, when we can pictochat... ...or we can atleast fight on multiplayer mode".
Flipnote Studio Command: Up,B,down(x2),Left(x2),B(x2)
Bomberman Blitz! FC: 180626757893

geek-master

thaneds wrote:

All the complainers need to stop... this forum is only meant as predictions... LOADING times do suck, but then why do you buy ONLINE games. take yugioh for example: the . . . of actual players take for ever, but we all start as newbies and impatients are best gone or wait. if you complain of the online then just do not play online. EXPECT to wait, or just give up and play offline... or even just bite your tongue and continue. simple....

UNO is a simple game with allot of strategy and its very much a family friendly card game. also UNO dsiware does have a time limit when your picking a card.

also their is a 50/60 chance UNO dsiware will or will not come :/

Edited on by geek-master

20thPaul

I want an M rated game on dsiware. So far we've had almost everything with an E rating.. a few E10 games, but nothing higher.

I love rpgs and platformers the most... racing games are good too!
I have a black dsi and a blue 3DS. :D
"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."
3DS friend code: 3695 0029 5257

Percentful

@20th paul is little red riding hood's zombie BBQ going to be rated M?

Just let it happen.

jhuhn

My predictions this week for DSiWare would be Reflections, UNO, Reflect Missle and Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam.

I need my puppet princess.

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.