Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Series

Posts 241 to 260 of 484

Objection

Finally beat case 5-5. Let us never speak of it again...

Also, for those of you WHO HAVE BEATEN THE CASE/GAME, please check out this awesome spoilertastic Case 5-5 parody I made.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Bass_X0

Trials & Tribulations is the best Phoenix Wright game IMO.

Especially the last case. Its equal to the last case in the first game at how awesome it is.

The Miles Edgeworth game is about average in terms of storytelling although I did enjoy being able to walk around properly.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

theblackdragon

Objection_Blaster wrote:

Finally beat case 5-5. Let us never speak of it again...

Also, for those of you WHO HAVE BEATEN THE CASE/GAME, please check out this awesome spoilertastic Case 5-5 parody I made.

that almost makes having forced myself to finish the last case worthwhile. i can't stop laughing at that :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Objection

theblackdragon wrote:

that almost makes having forced myself to finish the last case worthwhile. i can't stop laughing at that :3

Glad you liked it. So far gotten pretty positive response. (Its my first AA parody in a long time) so I may do more if/when I think of them.

ShinRPGGamer

good time to ask this question.

Who is getting Phoenix wright trials and tribulations when it comes onto the Wiiware?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

BillyMays

Heck yeah, I first experienced the AA series when I played the 1st one on wiiware, then I bought JFA and I'm waiting on T&T and downloadable RFA, I also have AAI:ME and I ordered AA:AJ from Amazon, so now I gotta wait for 3 different things...ugh....But so far my favorite case has been case 2-4, I just love that wicked bass on Matt Engarde's theme.

BillyMays

jazzydude

Objection_Blaster wrote:

I loved the first 4 games, probably played through them 3-6 times each. The next game is Gyakuten Kenji, (rumored English title Perfect Prosecutor or AA: Investigations) which comes out in Japan on May 28th.

hi dude!!! looks like you really like the series! i LOVE the series too!!!!! I EVEN GOT PHOENIX WRIGHT FIGURES!!!! GOT ALL THE GAMES TOO:)

jazzydude

Aviator

Terra wrote:

Currently near the end of the 2nd case right now in T&T (I think). Right now, I can't wait to get onto the next one, I'm getting a bit tired of this case.

I know right. It was cool how the case started off, With it not being a murder straight away.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Sneaker13

Well they solved looking at items in close detail ok. I would have done it another way, maybe motion controls or holding the B button to switch to rotate mode or something, but it's working. If I'm not mistaken, there was FMV in the first cutscene.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Bass_X0

Took me nine - ten hours today to complete Rise to the Ashes on the WiiWare.

Now thats a good WiiWare game.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

theblackdragon

It's a good DS game. if they borked the controls just like the other ports, though, the WiiWare version can eff right off as far as i'm concerned :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Bass_X0

its a menu driven game. its very hard to screw up menus.

I did find tilting the remote between horizontal and vertical on the "touch-screen" parts to be awkward at first but I got used to it after a few times. Besides, these sections were few in number so even if the controls were really completely borked, it barely effected the enjoyment of the rest of the game. Poor controls in 5% of the game (which were average at worst) cannot destroy the gripping storyline for the 95% remainder of the game.

Bass_X0

AAI isn't that great. Sure playing as Edgeworth is cool and Fay is a great new character but it was clear there was a lot of artifical padding just to make the game last longer rather than being beneficial to the storyline. Some scenes bordered on the ridiculous in terms of story. The final chapter is about twice as long as Rise From the Ashes.

Objection

I sold AAI after beating it. I think that says a lot. Let's just leave it at that.

theblackdragon

@Terra: yeah, it's probably the only AA game so far that i have no desire whatsoever to replay. That final case was a real chore to get through. wait a couple months until everyone else starts trading in their copies, lol, and then snap it up for cheap :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Bass_X0

AAI is still worth playing though. Its not a bad game. It can just drag on with seemingly no end in sight (plus it can 'trick' you by making you think its leading up to a climatic finish only for something to happen to extend the chapter).

Like OB, I don't think I'll be returning to the game. But I can't bring myself to sell it.

theblackdragon

i'd say it's worth playing if you're a big Edgeworth fan, though you'd get about as much from it by reading a synopsis or a game script (if anyone's transcribed it yet) without the hassle or extreme boredom. If you're only into the AA series for Phoenix and the Feys (or even Apollo), you won't find any of them here... just one cameo after the next, a bit of fanservice here and there, and a long, boring, drawn-out story involving fictional countries you neither know nor give a rat's behind about.

that said, i can't bring myself to sell it either, so it's just sitting there, completing my AA collection at the moment. Hopefully the next Apollo Justice game will be more fulfilling :3
next up had better be Apollo, damn you Capcom D:<

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Bass_X0

I've been listening to Trials & Tribulations' Examination Allegro lately. One of the best pieces of music in the series IMO.

HolyMackerel

I still think the original trilogy were my favourite, while Apollo Justice was great (mainly because it tied in with the original trilogy nicely). AAI has been a bit of a disappointment and I'm kinda bored during the case where you first meet Kay Faraday lol. I haven't picked it up for a few weeks. This is very unlike how I was with the first four, where I didn't stop for days until they were finished.

I think the story is lacking a certain je ne sais quois. It has the same elements: cool characters, funny moments, dramatic moments; but then it doesn't fit together all that interestingly. I think partly because it follows the formula all over again (new cutesy sidekick, bad stuff happens to main character, hilarity and awesome ensues). I was hoping for some totally original stuff, but the story just seems samey to me... And the logic-and-deduction-and-debates thing is just not as gripping as the courtroom. It feels like flinging mud at someone, rather than laying down the law in righteous fashion.

I would have actually preferred if they kept Gumshoe as the sidekick - he was a breath of fresh air after Trucy, who was just a Maya wannabe imo. Kay is the same. :/

Maya forever! <3

HolyMackerel

Objection

HolyMackerel wrote:

Maya forever! <3

This. Trucy was rather annoying (and similar) so bring back the original, CAPCOM! Plus we want more Wright. And maybe Apollo. But the other two first.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.