Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 1,777

Nicolai

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo released an infographic detailing releases of upcoming amiibo, as well as revealing a few more Animal Crossing ones and revealing more compatible games.
Untitled

Hey, that puts Legend of Zelda Wii U for 2016! Not that their word means much, but still.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

llamareborn

Lalivero wrote:

Mr. Game & Watch is the only one I truly want from that upcoming wave and I want every last pose! (though what are the chances...?)

I'm gonna rip my hair out if he ends up being among the toughest to get a hold of...which is likely to happen with my luck. >_>

FYI the Mr. Game & Watch amiibo comes with all 4 poses in one box and they are interchangeable I believe

llamareborn

Tobiaku

Does any of you use those expensive official Amiibo displaybox things?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Pancake_Phil

When do you lot expect that ROB, Mr G&W etc wave to come to GAME.co.uk?

If I remember correctly, the Greninja and Jigglypuff amiibos came the week after. But I don't know if they'll leave it til later.

Nintendo Network ID: Falcon1991

2DS Friend Code: 0104-1799-6687

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

The Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylanders amiibo will only be available via the Skylanders Superchargers starter pack to avoid consumer confusion.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/19/bowser-donkey-kong-skyla...

That is disappointing, I kinda wanted them but I don't want the game lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

cookiex wrote:

The Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylanders amiibo will only be available via the Skylanders Superchargers starter pack to avoid consumer confusion.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/19/bowser-donkey-kong-skyla...

Guess i'm not going to buy the Donkey Kong amiibo. But it is a smart move i'll give you that.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoFan64

Well, I decided to look for Ness on Ebay and see if I'd get lucky...after looking on Ebay, I wanted to puke in disgust.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

My Robin and Lucina Amiibo Orders have been cancelled

Yoshi

It's worth noting that Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is a free download. So paying for the amiibo to play the game makes sense.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

DefHalan

Guitardude7 wrote:

@brewsky Okay but you need the amiibo to play as any of the characters right? 12 bucks per amiibo, say the game can have up to four players, that's almost 50 bucks. It's a false sense of free. And given how rare amiibos are, you won't be able to find them anywhere and the game will be unplayable.

Basically you pay for the Amiibo instead of paying for the game. Mario Party was $50 without any amiibo, so I see the Animal Crossing game as the better deal, you can just pay for what you will use. Will you use 4 Players? Pay for 4 players. Will you only use 2 Players? Pay for 2 Players. Maybe you will only play 1 Player, then that is a cheap game for you to play. We all agree about the stock issues, but Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival is the wrong game to complain about.

martinskrtel37

Guitardude7 wrote:

I'm sorry, but amiibos really need to stop. The way Nintendo has been implementing them in games as essential content yet have ridiculous stock shortages is just asinine. Amiibos should just be collectible figurines that give you additional options in the game that are not necessary to enjoy the full game. They should be there just to add something extra. But with Animal Crossing Amiibo festival, you NEED the amiibos to play the game in the first place! Seriously? Being a complete scam against consumers aside, does Nintendo really think they can keep up with the demand that these figures will inevitably generate? It's stupid that they're locking away essential features behind toys that nobody can find. Same thing with Splatoon and its extra content or Mario Party 10 locking a whole mode away on the main menu. Nintendo are basically using these figures as physical forms of DLC which is what amiibos should NOT be used for. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U had an excellent use of amiibo. It generates a computer buddy that you can level up and play with, that's really cool! And it's not essential to have in order to play the game. This is what amiibos should add to our games. But the way Nintendo is going about it, it just seems like a scam for overpriced DLC and they make almost all of them rare to boot! At the rate it's going, I really hope amiibos dont carry over to the next generation. Amiibos have become more of a nuisance and the constant low stock make Nintendo look incompetent as a company. And to be honest with this recent E3, I'm starting to think they are sadly. I hope I'm wrong.

too much anger not enough understanding. there is so much wrong with how you think that i don't know where to begin. i will say some random things: don't buy the animal crossing amiibo game if you don't want it, dude. it's not hard to not buy something you don't want. there won't be shortages for the animal crossing amiibo, they are fine with stock now, the only reason things were out of control is because amiibo was such a cool idea and came way out of left field, nobody in the world could have predicted how big they'd be.

it's cute how you keep saying how they should be used, are you the creator of amiibo or something?

read this post before ever posting here again https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/amiibo/a_perspective_on_th...

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

DefHalan

Is there an Amiibo trading site, where you can find people looking to trade amiibo? I ordered an Charizard but was lucky enough to get 1 on launch day and I would rather trade him than sell him. I am just wondering if something like that exist or if I should just sell him.

Haywired

I went into Game yesterday to get Yoshi's Wooly World. Thought I may as well get an amiibo while I’m there if I can (despite my general annoyance at Game for jacking up the price of them all to £15…) They had a shelf of like 20 amiibo and literally 18 of them were Pikachu... I was like "Oh amiibo…" But then, when I went to pay, I saw behind the counter they had a separate shelf with those rare restocks that NL reported the other day. Couldn’t believe my eyes, so I nabbed myself a Ganondorf. The guy also said to me “We’ve got a Shulk round the back if you’re interested?” like this is some sort of drug deal. I said no as I haven’t played Xenoblade yet (haven’t set aside the 1,000 years it apparently takes to complete…) so don’t know if I like Shulk yet. Maybe one day I'll live to regret that choice...

Haywired

NintendoFan64

Haywired wrote:

I went into Game yesterday to get Yoshi's Wooly World. Thought I may as well get an amiibo while I’m there if I can (despite my general annoyance at Game for jacking up the price of them all to £15…) They had a shelf of like 20 amiibo and literally 18 of them were Pikachu... I was like "Oh amiibo…" But then, when I went to pay, I saw behind the counter they had a separate shelf with those rare restocks that NL reported the other day. Couldn’t believe my eyes, so I nabbed myself a Ganondorf. The guy also said to me “We’ve got a Shulk round the back if you’re interested?” like this is some sort of drug deal. I said no as I haven’t played Xenoblade yet (haven’t set aside the 1,000 years it apparently takes to complete…) so don’t know if I like Shulk yet. Maybe one day I'll live to regret that choice...

Yeah, well...I went to Gamestop, and they had 11 different types of amiibo!...consisting of Diddy, Zelda, Pikachu, Sonic, and the Mario ones, and no rares...you wanna speed things up a bit with those restocks, NoA?

Okapi

So wait a second here... Are Dark Pit and Palutena out in the United States yet?

Okapi

NintendoFan64

fed0ra7 wrote:

So wait a second here... Are Dark Pit and Palutena out in the United States yet?

Next month.

Okapi

NintendoFan64 wrote:

fed0ra7 wrote:

Next month.

Is it the same thing with Ganondorf, or does he come out in September?

Edited on by Okapi

Okapi

martinskrtel37

Haywired wrote:

Dude, Shulk rocks. Congrats on finding a Ganondorf!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic