Forums

Topic: Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Posts 1 to 20 of 50

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I love it! It has all the charm a Kirby game should have. Squeak Squad and Super Star Ultra were terrible, but this game is wonderful!

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Link79

This is my first time playing Amazing mirror!
I passed on it originally but now I get to see what I was missing.
Having a great time with it!

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AutumnShantel

Ouch, I liked SuperStar Ultra. lol But I'm excited to play this since I didn't have it back in the day, I only played my brother's copy every now and then.

AutumnShantel

Chozo85

WeirdFox wrote:

I love it! It has all the charm a Kirby game should have. Squeak Squad and Super Star Ultra were terrible, but this game is wonderful!

Seriously? Superstar Ultra is generally considered to be one of the best Kirby games around and is certainly my favorite. I have mixed feelings about Amazing Mirror. I like the fact that it is challenging and I like, to an extent, the non linear gameplay. I do however think it could have really benefitted from a map as its just too confusing.

Chozo85

grumblegrumble

I'm playing it for the first time, too. I was never a huge Kirby fan back in the day but with these recent VC releases I am starting to love it. Only problem is in the Kirby games I have played so far is that there are so many different button combinations of ways to attack and hold on to a power, I get confused sometimes and just find myself hopping around trying to get out of an area as opposed to keeping a certain power (sword, for instance) sometimes I can't catch the star when I lose it and its irritating. LOL. Other than that, a very charming game I love Kirby's Adventure 3D Classics, too.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

CanisWolfred

Chozo85 wrote:

WeirdFox wrote:

I love it! It has all the charm a Kirby game should have. Squeak Squad and Super Star Ultra were terrible, but this game is wonderful!

Seriously? Superstar Ultra is generally considered to be one of the best Kirby games around and is certainly my favorite. I have mixed feelings about Amazing Mirror. I like the fact that it is challenging and I like, to an extent, the non linear gameplay. I do however think it could have really benefitted from a map as its just too confusing.

I wouldn't say either game is terrible, just not as good as they could've been. As for the lack of a map, that's what the internet is for

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Basically, I found it confusing. At least KATAM isn't as confusing.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Kagamine

i really do not remember this game having three other kirbys around...

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Joeynator3000

How can you call Ultra terrible when the original was awesome, all Ultra did was take that awesome game and made it awesome...er. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

No more anime girls for now...maybe they'll show up as my avi every now and then...lol
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
TUMBLR!!!
Lzeon's name is here because he's a poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

cool fox bro

I'll be honest, this game was one of the many games I got that year that was dissappointing. Custom Robo had the most boring story mode ever, Metroid Prime 2 and Paper Mario 2 were sequels to 2 of my top 5 favorite games so yeah, DS started mediocre launches for gaming consoles, Super Mario 64 DS had some lame changes and was only saved by awesome minigames, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles speaks for itself and KATAM just annoyed me. I'd probably like it now but I thought half of the music sucked (bad music can make a game insta-fail for me), and the Metroidvania elements were just annoying instead of awesome. Somehow I liked Squeak Squad better despite being the laziest game Hal has ever made.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

AutumnShantel

kkslider5552000 wrote:

cool fox bro

I'll be honest, this game was one of the many games I got that year that was dissappointing. Custom Robo had the most boring story mode ever, Metroid Prime 2 and Paper Mario 2 were sequels to 2 of my top 5 favorite games so yeah, DS started mediocre launches for gaming consoles, Super Mario 64 DS had some lame changes and was only saved by awesome minigames, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles speaks for itself and KATAM just annoyed me. I'd probably like it now but I thought half of the music sucked (bad music can make a game insta-fail for me), and the Metroidvania elements were just annoying instead of awesome. Somehow I liked Squeak Squad better despite being the laziest game Hal has ever made.

Me too! I hate sucky music in video games.

AutumnShantel

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Super Star Ultra- I didn't like the Great Cave Adventure, mostly. Too large.
Super Mario 64 DS- it becomes better when you use the analog stick on the 3DS.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

TheKingOfTown

There is a map. Press start and then select.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

KidRad

WeirdFox wrote:

Super Star Ultra- I didn't like the Great Cave Adventure, mostly. Too large.
Super Mario 64 DS- it becomes better when you use the analog stick on the 3DS.

The great cave adventure wasn't too bad. Personally I felt Ultra got a little boring & Overkill when you had to go through the game 'again' with Metta Knight', plus the addition of that other(or was there 2 more?) Boss Arena modes.
Other than that it was a fantastic game.

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
NIntendo Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

TeeJay

poptartcaper wrote:

Ouch, I liked SuperStar Ultra. >:[

Nintendo ID: TeeJay92

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519

Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Panduh

Anyone find this game really confusing? I don't even understand what all the maps are saying. It's probably my least favorite so far out of the GBA games

Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds

Nintendo Network ID: androidcall

Philip_J_Reed

How the heck do you get the other kirbies to help you inhale? I cant move some blocks without them but they just keep running around like imbeciles.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

TeeJay

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

How the heck do you get the other kirbies to help you inhale? I cant move some blocks without them but they just keep running around like imbeciles.

Hahaha, I could never figure that out either. They stay focused enough to help by chance it seems. A scatterbrained bunch, they are.

Edited on by TeeJay

Nintendo ID: TeeJay92

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519

Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic