Topic: GBC Pokemon Puzzle and TCG coming 11/6 and 11/13 to US

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

ColdingLight

Oh wow... What the hell took so long?! 'Sigh'

ColdingLight

Nintendo Network ID: ColdingLight

Eel

The TCG videogame for GBC is great.

My cart died shortly after I bought it, so I will totally get it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi_Prime

I still have my Pokemon TCG game. I "beat" it two or three times, and it's a great way to actually learn that confusing game.

Yoshi_Prime

HYDRA413

thanks for the news!

HYDRA413

KingMike

I had suspected after Yoshi's Panel de Pon was released in Japan that, like the Wii, Nintendo would release the Pokemon version in other regions because of licensing.
(I assume it would still contain this secret original GB PdP mode. Which is Ax24 Bx24 on the "only for GBC" screen. (luckily it'll make a sound after each step so you don't have to actually count those)
But on GBC you have to enter some stupidly long code first to make the "only for GBC" screen appear: U2,R4,D,L10,U4,R,D6,B )

KingMike

Eel

Wait, so there was a version of the original panel de pon hidden within Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (completely playable in all GB models even though it was meant to be GBC-only) and nobody found out until a few years ago?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

KingMike

Well, the hidden game is more like a single-match game (endless or single-player VS), with a simple text menu to set the game options.
Maybe the developers intended for someone to find it because they translated the menu for the western version (and the EU version even made a couple tiny text changes from the US version).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Eel

It's apparently leftovers from before the game was transformed into a pokemon spinoff (and development shifted from GB to GBC).

I guess the developers did not want to discard everything about the original version and left that little mode hidden as a memento.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LordJumpMad

Finally, I can play a realistic pokemon game. A world where pokemon are nothing more then a complicated game of blackjack.
I'm talking about the pokemon TCG, been a long favorite game my, wish it came sooner.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

I've been playing a lot of Pokemon TCG. I wanted to get back into FIre Emblem: Shadow Dragon, or spend more time Smashing online... but the 3DS has been a Pokemon machine!! What else is new?

I romped through the game starting with the Charmander deck - now finding it a little harder with the Squirtle deck - if only because Water/Psychic doesn't have too many good Pokemon outside the Abra/Squirtle family...

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

komodo182

I think I will be picking up TCG, but I wish they would release the original pokemon games on 3ds or wii u.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Bass_X0

KingMike wrote:

I had suspected after Yoshi's Panel de Pon was released in Japan that, like the Wii, Nintendo would release the Pokemon version in other regions because of licensing.

They're not allowed to use the Tetris name for games that aren't Tetris, and VC games are not allowed to change the graphics. So no Tetris Attack games for us. They could release the Japanese version of the SNES game but it has too much Japanese text I would imagine.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

DefHalan

Just got Pokemon TCG, just as I remember it, freaking hard as heck

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

retropunky

I tried the real thing... eventually some friends and I made up our own rules.

It was quite fun.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

DefHalan

... sadly I don't think there is multiplayer in the Pokemon TCG Virtual Console, still enjoying it

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

HYDRA413

kinda of a trick question but what the best combinations of cards to succeed.

HYDRA413

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.