Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 341 to 360 of 446

retired_account

warioswoods wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

I'm sure it won't matter to you that on the big iPad screen with gorgeous HD art work the game looks better than ever possible on the 3DS.

Ew, no. The screens shown look awful.

I own an iPad 3 (and Apple TV, and a ton of other Apple goodies) but if there's one thing keeping me away from the games more than any other consideration, it's these awful vector-based graphics that feel like the second coming of Adobe Flash. Even the most highly praised titles and graphics are just cheap vector art that squishes, squashes, and tweens its way to movement, just like the heyday of Flash games. It may be crisp, for such is the nature of that style, but it looks terrible to these eyes, particularly in motion.

(edit: should clarify that the action / gameplay bits are what look awful to me, because the original sprites have been vectorized and upscaled in a way that looks even more artificial in motion. The static screens and dialog look just fine.)

(And the iPad is perfect for recreations of board games, particularly niche ones I rarely get to play with another human. It's just terrible at 2D action / animation.)

This. I hate vector art. Makes things look and feel ridiculously cheap. The original TWEWY had some awesome pixel art:
Untitled

It has a charm that (I personally believe) simply can't be matched by vector art.
though to be fair, TWEWY's vector art looks better than most.

OlympicCho wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

at least I'm thinking of playing the iOS version

Only so you can go "huuur it's worse," in a bid to earn brownie points with your Nintendo fanboy buddies and validate yourself as a Nintendo purist.

You could at least try and be honest with yourself - there is no way in hell you're going into that game with an open mind

Stay classy Waltz.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

theblackdragon

@pixie: i get where you're coming from, but given the capabilities of the Retina screen, I think keeping it to pixel art would be a grave mistake. Man, I wish I had an iPhone that could play this game

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Hokori

The DS art makes the enemies look more like what they are....noise it looks like the white noise on TV which is another reason why I like it more

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Bankai

KaiserGX wrote:

If were talking about Vector art... I hate pre-rendered graphics. I was not amused with DKC.

[/div]

Haha. I like the art of DKC. Very nicely detailed game. Of course, I also like Super Mario Brothers.

This debate is a little like whether canvas is better than photography. It's what's done with the tools that's important, not the tools that are used. It's just that some art tools lend themselves better to some styles of art that some people prefer to others.

@pixie: i get where you're coming from, but given the capabilities of the Retina screen, I think keeping it to pixel art would be a grave mistake. Man, I wish I had an iPhone that could play this game

This too - pixel art looks good on the iPhone, but blown up to retina iPad screens it's a mess.

Gots to pick the right tools for the right art exhibition too.

Edited on by Bankai

moomoo

Eh, I actually like the Vector Art more for this game. Considering the game was stylized like an anime/street art combination, I feel like it works really well and compliments the art style of the game.

And common Waltz, don't go out insulting users. That's low.

Personally, I see pros and cons for both versions of the game in regards to gameplay. On iOS you've got something that is a lot easier to digest and get used to. On the DS, you have something much more complex that allows for the user to feel more gratification in mastering it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Hokori

NOISE is being HDfyed? NOISE the thing that's support to be static?

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

And common Waltz, don't go out insulting users. That's low.

lol, someone's new around here

this topic makes me think I should have my signature say "Arrive. Laugh at people. Leave."

You guys continue your gaming debate on the internet, I'm gonna watch some anime or something.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

scrubbyscum999

OlympicCho wrote:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

I am sorry but regardless of sales, I don't see how I would like the game as much speaking the dual screen combat was one of the coolest things about it. It was a core aspect of the game and without it it's not really the same. As for sales, I actually scared in the fact that if it sells better on iOS Square Enix might be like "OK, put the TWEWY sequel on iOS". Just the idea of that makes me want to curl up in fetal position in frustration. I hate to say it, but anything other than a 3DS game for the sequel would disappoint me personally because of the need for two screens. I now await the inevitable comments about how this all about money and actual feelings and opinions on the game don't matter and blah blah blah.

[/div]

Or you could not judge a game you haven't played.

Just sayin'

You haven't played the DS version. I will probably see how the Ipad version works because my friend has one. Nevertheless, having played the original, I know what made the game great. Making the game into one screen takes away one of the main factors that made the game hardcore, dual screen battle. Anything less would just seem watered down. I am not saying I won't try it because it's so different but my comment still stands.

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

at least I'm thinking of playing the iOS version

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Only so you can go "huuur it's worse," in a bid to earn brownie points with your Nintendo fanboy buddies and validate yourself as a Nintendo purist.

You could at least try and be honest with yourself - there is no way in hell you're going into that game with an open mind

[/div]

[/div]

And why wouldn't I? I am a apple fan as well. Just because I like Nintendo doesn't mean I'm a fan boy, just like I'm sure youre not an apple fanboy...........
Also how do you have an open mind when you haven't played the DS version? You can't go into the game with high expectations so of course it's going to be better to you, because the original was better then I thought, so I went in that with low expectations.

Let me also point out that's a really a cheap shot. So if he doesn't try it he doesn't know what he is talking about, if he does then his opinion doesn't matter because he played the original and be "blinded"? That's a little unfair, it's a lose lose situation for LordOtakWiiU. Another thing is don't just go and insult people. I understand you may feel our opinions are silly and illogical but it's not like a flat earth debate, please show some respect. I know sometimes I look at stuff on here that doesn't make any sort of sense to me but I try to refrain from just delivering low blows. Please,I want the discussion to continue and I don't want this thread to be locked.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Hokori

Yeah that confuses me to, what should I do? Try it? Or stick to the original? Either way I must be blind in some way, but he isn't because he has the iPad version?

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Olaf-symbiote

Even if I currently had an iOS device, I wouldn't get this version. The DS one is simply the only worthwhile version for me, and has the real, non-watered down combat system.

I definitely hope that they'll actually make TWEWY 2 at some point, and though this teaser nonsense was disappointing, I'm confident they won't rule out releasing a true sequel in the distant future.

Your parlor tricks don't amuse me, boy!
My 3DS FC: 2707-1588-9486
My sister's 3DS FC: 2191-7843-7694

Geonjaha

Despite how much some of you may love playing games on iOS - it's just a fact that many games dont play as well on it. Games that require d-pad control and A/B/X/Y buttons are horribly cramped onto the screen, and you cant cater to every style of game in terms of control with just a touch screen, despite what you may like to believe, especially when playing on an iPod Touch or iPhone.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

theblackdragon

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

Yeah that confuses me to, what should I do? Try it? Or stick to the original? Either way I must be blind in some way, but he isn't because he has the iPad version?

come on, knock it off — i've already asked Waltz to try and ignore you, i'd appreciate it if you'd do the same.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Jamouse

theblackdragon wrote:

Man, I wish I had an iPhone that could play this game

...traitor...

Jamouse

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

Despite how much some of you may love playing games on iOS - it's just a fact that many games dont play as well on it. Games that require d-pad control and A/B/X/Y buttons are horribly cramped onto the screen, and you cant cater to every style of game in terms of control with just a touch screen, despite what you may like to believe, especially when playing on an iPod Touch or iPhone.

I think you're mistaking your own lack of ability with a definitive truth there.

I've been playing iOS games long enough now that, if anything, physical buttons annoy me more, as they cause RSI - especially considering how many of them I play.

Geonjaha

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I think you're mistaking your own lack of ability with a definitive truth there.

I've been playing iOS games long enough now that, if anything, physical buttons annoy me more, as they cause RSI - especially considering how many of them I play.

No surprise you'd be the first to mistakenly say that touch screen controls on a small screen are better than every other control method. You may be used to them, but trying to emulate a DS' controls with only a small touchscreen can never control as well as the DS itself. Just like iOS games dont port as well to the DS for controls - the reverse is true. The control methods are very different, and unless the fundamental game design is changed - it doesnt handle as well.

I play plenty of iOS games - many of which try to use control schemes similar to the DS, and they dont handle as well - so no, it doesnt just come down to my personal ability. You may like to think that your favourite platform can play all games very well, but a touch screen - especially one not as large as an iPad's is very limiting.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

No surprise you'd be the first to mistakenly say that touch screen controls on a small screen are better than every other control method. You may be used to them, but trying to emulate a DS' controls with only a small touchscreen can never control as well as the DS itself. Just like iOS games dont port as well to the DS for controls - the reverse is true. The control methods are very different, and unless the fundamental game design is changed - it doesnt handle as well.

I play plenty of iOS games - many of which try to use control schemes similar to the DS, and they dont handle as well - so no, it doesnt just come down to my personal ability. You may like to think that your favourite platform can play all games very well, but a touch screen - especially one not as large as an iPad's is very limiting.

iPad has a small touch screen now? Or has it got a large one? You seem to be confused in your rant there.

Nah bro, you're just no good at touch screen controls. Your problem, not the iPad's. It's cool that it's not for you, the beauty of electronics is everyone has a choice. But don't go pretending your experience is a definitive truth. It just makes you look silly.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.