Forums

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Posts 221 to 240 of 332

Eel

Awesome, Dinsdale! I like your stye

I finally got this! Though... Or should I say, my Dad got this. He loves art and painting and I'm sure he'll love this game.

Since he's not using it any time soon (busy season), I decided to jump in and try the new tools myself. I've got to say that, even though I'm not very good, I LOVED the pastels, they give a pretty great effect.

I did a quick free paint and selected one of the default pictures, and this is the result:
Untitled

I can't wait to see what my dad thinks about it (the game).

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EricSC

nm

Edited on by EricSC

EricSC

Waann

Everyone has been doing amazing work. o__o I've added Johnnytommy and Mordresh, add me back and I'll send you my lesson! I should do more of them, I just don't have many ideas. If anyone's looking for something in particular, tell me and I'll see what I can do.

I'm working on the Morphtroid challenges I'm very late, but here's the second one (re-do your favourite lesson from the original Art Academy). It's not exactly my favourite, but I felt I'd completely butchered it the first time, so it was an opportunity to make it right. Introducing... Bacon!
Untitled

And for comparison's sake... Here's my first try from a few years ago. >__> Sorry about the bad quality, I had to photograph my screen.

I'm also working on the "Christmas Past" challenge. I found an old drawing of mine. There's no date, but if I'm reading the clues right, it must be from 2001 or 2002, which means I must have been 10 or 11. Uuh... Here it is (but you don't have to look at it, it's really awful). The new version will be finished soon.

Here's the add-on lesson about light:
Untitled

I think that's it for now. Oh yeah, I've been painting a portrait of Martin Freeman as Bilbo, I'll post it too if it's good enough.
By the way, I've realised that custom lessons could be used for sending short illustrated stories! Wouldn't that be kind of cool?

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

akiraken

you're all talented

akiraken

ObieWan95

Here is a couple of my Art Academy and one from my Colors 3D. Hope you enjoy and please fell free to add me to 3ds friends.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Thanks Obie

Edited on by ObieWan95

ObieWan95

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4695-7791

ObieWan95

Waann wrote:

Everyone has been doing amazing work. o__o I've added Johnnytommy and Mordresh, add me back and I'll send you my lesson! I should do more of them, I just don't have many ideas. If anyone's looking for something in particular, tell me and I'll see what I can do.

I'm working on the Morphtroid challenges I'm very late, but here's the second one (re-do your favourite lesson from the original Art Academy). It's not exactly my favourite, but I felt I'd completely butchered it the first time, so it was an opportunity to make it right. Introducing... Bacon!
Untitled

And for comparison's sake... Here's my first try from a few years ago. >__> Sorry about the bad quality, I had to photograph my screen.

I'm also working on the "Christmas Past" challenge. I found an old drawing of mine. There's no date, but if I'm reading the clues right, it must be from 2001 or 2002, which means I must have been 10 or 11. Uuh... Here it is (but you don't have to look at it, it's really awful). The new version will be finished soon.

Here's the add-on lesson about light:
Untitled

I think that's it for now. Oh yeah, I've been painting a portrait of Martin Freeman as Bilbo, I'll post it too if it's good enough.
By the way, I've realised that custom lessons could be used for sending short illustrated stories! Wouldn't that be kind of cool?

Love the pics hope to see more soon.
p.s. I added you

Edited on by ObieWan95

ObieWan95

Waann

ObieWan95 wrote:

Love the pics hope to see more soon.
p.s. I added you

Thank you, I'll add you as well. I like your work too!

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)

Dinsdale

I "drew" some mushrooms.
I photographed them while hiking on a nearby mountain in early November.

Untitled

I haven't touched any of the advanced lessons or DLC lessons yet.

Dinsdale

Waann

@Dinsdale Great work! I love the contrast in this one as well.
@Barbiegurl777 Thank you, that's so nice of you! Technically, the cartridge version of Art Academy is the same game: it just has both semesters in one package.

Edited on by Waann

sickfish

Wow - there's some really impressive pictures on this thread!
I was lucky enough to get a 3DS XL for Christmas from my wife (yup, I'm one of those old GameBoy users).
Thanks to what I've seen in this thread, I chose New Art Academy as my free 'game' download when I registered my 3DS (thanks Nintendo) and I don't regret it at all. It's the most fun I think I've ever had on a Gameboy!
Here's my efforts for the first three:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I even signed the last one because I felt like a proper artist.

Edited on by sickfish

sickfish

sickfish

Naiive question (sorry). I've been leaving my 3DS on to get SpotPass notifications and I've had a couple about the DLC lessons but still no Goombah lesson. Does anyone know if I'll receive it in the UK and if not how I can get my mitts on it? TIA.

sickfish

Waann

@sickfish Nice paintings! I like how you managed to really make them your own. I have no idea if you can still get the Goomba lesson from Nintendo. It may have been a one-time thing. But someone who has it could send it to you (I would, but mine is in French).

I've been experimenting a bit. It's very far from being perfect. And the colours looked better on the 3DS. But anyway, here's a chibi Fi:
Untitled

Edited on by Waann

sickfish

Thanks Waan - I can't leave well enough alone by the time I get to the end of a lesson, I think.

That's sad about the Goomba lesson. I always seem to be late to the party. It would be awesome if someone could send me the lesson.
I really like the colours and blending on your chibi Fi's face! Il est très vibrante et il montre la forme si bien.

sickfish

ObieWan95

If you have swapnote you get the dlc goomba. If any one has any lessons they would like to share please let me knw you all do great work and I would love to learn more.

Thanks Obie
P.s. I can send goomba also

Edited on by ObieWan95

ObieWan95

akiraken

i will post some new things this week end. Stay tune !

akiraken

ramstrong

Mordresh wrote:

My first artwork
Untitled

Oooh. That's better than mine. Now I must redo mine! I should try and post the pic sometimes. Still working through the tutorials. I can definitely say 3DSXL is much easier to use than 3DS.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

sickfish

@ramstrong - I didn't have a 3DS - I already had a DSi XL when the 3DS came out and it just felt like a downgrade to get a smaller screen (in fairness, I'd not had a chance to have a good look at the 3D effect either so it didn't really excite me).

I absolute love my 3DS XL though.

Back to Art Academy - does anyone else struggle to blend the paints as easily as Leonardo's example shows? When I painted the cherry I really struggled to get the shadow to blend properly.

sickfish

ObieWan95

Back to Art Academy - does anyone else struggle to blend the paints as easily as Leonardo's example shows? When I painted the cherry I really struggled to get the shadow to blend properly.

[/quote]

Yes in real paint or any kind of art, pressure on your tool is the essentials to properly blending but keep trying and you will get better.

Any one wants to share friend codes I would like to add you' Thanks Waann for the download hope to get to it soon.

Obie

ObieWan95

Dinsdale

@Waann
Thanks kindly. I don't have an artistic eye the way you do, though.

@sickfish
When blurring/smudging paint with water (for smoother transitions) or dry brush (for grainy transitions--perfect for creating white sprays of crashing waves on a shore), don't lift the brush and do strokes like you would with a real brush.
Instead, keep the stylus applied and squiggle it around.

I didn't discover this for the longest time, making for a lot of frustration.

Dinsdale

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic