Forums

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Posts 201 to 220 of 332

Shiromikio

@akiraken: nice render of the pitcher and oranges, terrific job smoothing the fabric folds in the foreground.

@Barbiegurl777: very good start, keep going!

No Nintendo fanservice this time, but here you go. Wonder if anyone can guess the games that the characters came from ...

One nuisance colouring with NAA, sometimes colours appear lighter on screen than when exported, I adjusted the brightness on this one. Maybe I just have a really skewed sense of lighting (haven't had this problem in C3D), it happens when using certain backgrounds (e.g. light grey, medium beige). Kind of wished the coloured pencils have smoothness and brightness settings. Using them on coloured paper feels like colouring with children's coloured pencils on a paper bag. Otherwise I really like the pencils' fine tip.

Untitled

Shiromikio

Eel

Oh my that actually looks pretty authentic!
Like a real colored pencil drawing on a real sheet of colored paper.

Awesome as usual
I can recognize the castle crasher and alien hominid. The other one I don't really know : /

@barbie: that's looking pretty good, I like the progress in the various pictures.

That reminds me....

Time for the next random challange!

This weeks theme is easy...
The drawing of the christmas past!

Try to remember a drawing you made during your childhood (not necessarily chrismas related) and remake it with your current skills.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dinsdale

The sky above Haleiwa, Hawaii.
Based on a photo taken by a sister-in-law in 8./11.

Untitled

Dinsdale

Pokefanmum82

that is so awesome. when i do trees they look crappy lol

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eldir

Shiromikio wrote:

@Kilo_Martinez Very nice sketch of David, good work with the soft shades of grey, molding those facial features!

@akiraken The first three links are broken for me, but found the paintings in your dA gallery. Good job on the horse! I like how you focused on the horse and its back muscles, with hints of the land in the foreground.

@BCCouches Welcome to the thread. I really like your drawings of Starfy and Kirby.

@Morphtroid Here's a sketch for the week's challenge. Sorry it's late, been busy. It's a rough one and not strictly Art Deco, but there are bits of Art Deco motifs if you squint, lol.

Untitled

Edit: updated the picture, hopefully for the better, lol.

What material did you use to make that?

I am Eldír, Lord of the Elves.

The untold legend, the Star in the night sky, tales of myth and legend of glory and honor. But you, are a friend and no matter what, I will protect you!

Now tell me, who are you...Friend?

Eldir

Here is something I made a long time ago, haven't drawn anything acceptable since:

Untitled

It was suposed to have a baby rabbit smelling the flowers but I couldn't get the head/angle right.

I made it with pastels.

The untold legend, the Star in the night sky, tales of myth and legend of glory and honor. But you, are a friend and no matter what, I will protect you!

Shiromikio

@Morphtroid: Thanks! Yeah, the other one was a stretch, it's the rogue from Realm of the Mad God. Tried Castle Crashers three weeks ago and it reminded me a little of ROTMG, so ended up putting both together. Red Knight slashes his way through everything, including their mission to get a Christmas tree. The Alien's found some holly and hasn't a clue what to do with it. The rogue ... not sure, he just looks like he needs a cider beer, if such a thing existed.

@Dinsdale: Great job! I really like the way the brushstrokes show the movement of the leaves, and the varying shades of green.

@Eldir: nice one, I like the flowers and that adorable rabbit. The Link picture was done with pastels and coloured pencils.

Shiromikio

Eldir

Yeah I'm really proud of the bunny, specially the hears.

BCCouches

@Eldir I love your rabbit sketch! And I didn't know you had an account on here too

Oh yesterday I went Christmas shopping and I'm definitely getting a $35 eShop card. But just to make sure, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone is $29.99 right? I'm pretty sure it said that on the eShop but at GameStop the retail game said $34.99... I hope it's just $29.99 because I really want to play this on Christmas.

3DS Games I Have: SM3DL, nintendogs + cats, MK7, The Denpa Men, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7163-7329 | Nintendo Network ID: BCCouches

Pokefanmum82

i bought it off of the eShop and it was 29.99

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

Eldir

Yeah I'm here, comparing my work to others' and then crying in a corner.

Pokefanmum82

i got the goomba lesson today. i can't wait to try it

Finished the Alola Dex.

ObieWan95

Great work I have just got mine and would like to get friend request so I can share mine via spot pass. hope to see more soon.

ObieWan95

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4695-7791

Freelance

I went to my cousin's house for our yearly dinner around Christmas and I drew this. They're supposed to be blue sharks but I totally messed up, thanks to a total lack of references (no internet there). Anyway, they're now random sharks.

Untitled

Freelance

Freelance

If you're in Canada, BB has it for $19.99. It was that price yesterday so I don't know if the sale is still in effect.
I'd like to have gotten it on the Eshop but it's too expensive for the price when I already have 2 other drawing apps.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Mordresh

I got the game yesterday. I've practically read the whole thread before purchase and am greatly inspired by posts here.
I never ever picked up a brush of paint, I'm not artistic at all, but I'm drawn all the more because of this. The lessons are very nice and making my own artwork is exciting. I'd love to add some people on my 3DSXL to exchange art and those awesome sounding custom lessons for example Waann and Shiromikio created. Looking forward to post my own painting, it's quite challenging for me in the beginning My friend code: 3496-9395-5387

Mordresh

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9395-5387 | Nintendo Network ID: Mordresh

Dinsdale

A stream on a local mountain where I often hike.
Saving or fixing the drawing added noise...
I'm about to finally get to the last of the basic lessons (shoreline).

Untitled

Dinsdale

Mordresh

Nice one !

Mordresh

Mordresh

My first artwork
Untitled

Mordresh

Dinsdale

I "painted" the eastern shore of Oahu, Hawaii on Art Academy using a photo taken by a sister-in-law.
I did it after completing the "shoreline" painting, which is the last of the basic lessons (although I still have its associated mini lesson still to do)>

Untitled

Dinsdale

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic