Forums

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Posts 241 to 260 of 332

Dinsdale

I painted my dumbass dog again.
It took some doing to get him to pose for photos.
Untitled

Also, sorry to all the people who gave me praise and who'd I'd rudely neglected to thank.
So, thank you all kindly.

Dinsdale

Freelance

Dinsdale wrote:

I painted my dumbass dog again.
It took some doing to get him to pose for photos.
Untitled

Is that a Shiba Inu? So cuuuute!

Freelance

Waann

@sickfish Merci
@ObieWan95 You're welcome, I hope you'll like it
@Dinsdale He looks adorable! Photographing animals with the 3DS is difficult. The fake shutter sound always scares my cat, it's so loud! I just can't get him to look at the cameras.
@akiraken Tu as vraiment réussi les fruits rouges, j'adore ! | Your berries are really well done!

I have a bunch of new pictures to show you. I'm quite proud of them this time. Enjoy

Untitled
First, I experimented a little with the avocado mini-lesson (I wasn't comfortable with the default colours so I mixed them a lot)

And now, people sitting in chairs in pastel.

Untitled
A portraiture mini-lesson. I think that kid might be holding a Death Note.

Untitled
And Martin Freeman as Bilbo!

Untitled
EDIT: A quick sketch from last night.

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

Mordresh

Awesome Waann !
I got them installed in my Art Academy gallery, that sharing feature is nice.

Mordresh

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9395-5387 | Nintendo Network ID: Mordresh

pintar32

Hi there, I have just signed up just to post in this thread..........

I love this game and would be so grateful to receive any custom lessons people have.

Please add me 113469198978............ Let me know, THANKS!!!!

pintar32

Mordresh

Welcome Pintar32 !

Mordresh

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9395-5387 | Nintendo Network ID: Mordresh

ObieWan95

Mordresh, pintar32 i have added both thanks.

Obie
p.s. I have added every one else that has friend code hope you add me to

Edited on by ObieWan95

ObieWan95

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4695-7791

Waann

Mordresh wrote:

Awesome Waann !
I got them installed in my Art Academy gallery, that sharing feature is nice.

Thanks! I'm happy you like them.

@pintar32 Welcome! I'm going to add you, I've got a couple of lessons I can send you.
@akiraken Great drawings! I especially like the eye and lips of your close-up lady.
@Barbiegurl777 The fur looks nice.

A few new finished paintings! The first two are mini-lessons.
Untitled
Not a big fan of this one. I like the clouds, but the rest is a bit meh.

Untitled
I didn't look at Vince's version while I was drawing, so it's a little... off-topic, I guess.

And I finally finished Morphtroid's "Christmas Past" challenge.
Here's the drawing I remade. It was drawn in 2002 (at least I think so). I know the challenge said I had to think of an old drawing (not just remake one I still have), but I couldn't think of anything except the usual--family, friends, house... not very exciting. Judging from the pointy ears, I think it was supposed to be an Avariel elf, from Dungeons and Dragons... I played Baldur's Gate a lot back then. So here's the result:

Untitled
They don't have that much in common, really. And... I've just realised that I've forgotten some details I'd planned to add. I'll correct it later. (Also the anatomy is weird :/)

Hopefully I'll have another drawing done tomorrow.

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)

Dinsdale

@Waann: Awesome talent and technique, as usual.
The lessons do get somewhat restricted, especially when one starts getting more competent.

I did the stream, which is the final beginner mini-lesson subject, but I didn't want to work with the lesson's restricted color pallet, so I did it in Free Paint mode.
Which, naturally, meant having to go without the benefit of Vince's advice on how to proceed.

This ended up taking over ten hours. After around the sixth hour, it was tough to stay focused and motivated.

Untitled

Dinsdale

Waann

@Dinsdale Thank you! I like your painting, especially the way you painted the river. But yeah, when a painting takes too long and you can't see the end coming, it's a bit discouraging sometimes.
Actually, I like having a restricted palette, it's a good exercise and it makes you think.

Here's what I finished today. I used a reference to draw the hands.
Untitled

(What's in the egg? I have no idea)

Edited on by Waann

Eel

Wow that's one amazing remake @Waan! All your pictures are actually pretty great.
@Dinsdale, I'm still loving your style

My 3DS's battery was dead so I decided to use my old 3DS (the one my dad uses for Art Academy) and did this quick doodle:

Untitled

It was fun using colored paper. Can anyone guess what fairy tale is it?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Waann

Wow, I'm really loving these.
@Morphtroid It looks very ominous, I love it. I'm guessing... this one? (No spoiler tags, so I have to make do )
@KaiserGX Really cool! What's your story about?

KaiserGX

It's for a comic called Lunaville. It's mostly random stuff like Spongebob eps but there will be special chapters that have a bit of story, not being canon but reuse the same characters but in different roles. This is one of them, moslty being an homage/parody to a Zelda type adventure. Others are stuff like Fairy Tales, Historical stuff like the Warring States in Japan. Stuff like that. They are mini stories within the Lunaville series.

Which I got inspired from watching Hello Kitty, and Hamtaro having similar adventure in their shows.

Untitled

These are the two main enchiladas who live in a town deep in a forest (unamed). Maus and King Emir (which are a mouse and mole respectively). Maus is an energetic guy who mostly just wants something to do. He always hangs out with the King. With these two together, it's always trouble. Emir is the worst king you could have, he and Maus just lazy about, spending the town's tax money as they wish and don't do a thing to run the Kingdom. A couple chapters later he will be replaced by the Princess Voni (a bunny) which had to come down from her Kingdom on the Moon (along with her army and teddybear knight/bodygaurd Kaiser) and dethrone him by force because he was running the town so poorly and she renames it Lunaville. Besides she always admired Earth as she always watched it from above.

Emir who loved spending money now has nothing and basically becomes Mr. Krabs but he's always up for money making opportunities/adventures with Maus. He moves into an underground cave (Maus has his own house). Becoming a bit bitter however when it comes to others.

There are other characters like a crocodile with lockjaw (his facial expression never changes, even when he talks) a blind samurai bat, and other little critters.

In middle school I always drew short 1 page Kirby comics that all my friends seemed to like. So I said if I want to get anywhere with these I should come up with original characters.

Sorry if this was so long. Btw the story from the drawing is not the same. Lol That would take more for me to explain.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Pokefanmum82

Morphtroid wrote:

Hehe, Close, but it's not that one.

three little pigs maybe?

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic