Forums

Topic: Swapnote Spotpass Service Discontinued

Posts 161 to 171 of 171

Chris720

Nothing wrong with having your Personal Messages checked is there? After all these years where people have mis-used services I think it's a companies right to see what you're sending to others. As for the Swapnote issue... People have obviously been complaining about the service somewhere along the line since, as far as I'm aware, Nintendo don't check notes sent through said app.

I'm sure the service will come back online in a few months time when Nintendo have found a new way to control it. But until then, everyone who did this should hang their head in shame...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

^ I don't care having my messages checked since I don't send anything I don't want people to see(except maybe... those about the girl I like but I just don't want her seeing, before I tell her my feelings, so I don't mind a complete stranger checking ) I'm just saying I bet many of those guys complaining about tha lack of safety are the same that usually complain about the lack of privacy in social networks. XD

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Drawdler

I already miss it now. sigh.

Well, I'm not going to delete it. One day, I'll look back at it, and I'll always remember talking to my friend who had to leave IRL through it, and setting up some game sessions on it sometimes, and getting letters from Nintendo, and sending drawn pictures through it. It was so much fun.

Then again, I haven't used it in months, either.

But ultimately, I think that they just closed it because they made no money from it... It was a free app and maintaining a server wouldn't be cheap. I just wish that they had given us a better warning. >.>

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

musicmeister

This decision by Nintendo is really disappointing. -_-

Friend code: 3780-9431-1695

Cuban42087

Man I just got the 3dsxl and had spotpass for two whole mins then it told me I couldnt use it anymore I never got to use it and it says in settings that its on but it wont work dude thats bs man maybe if we all call nintendo all in the same day and b about it maybe just maybe it will come back

Edited on by Cuban42087

Cuban42087

3DS Friend Code: 2981-6852-3069

KittenKoder

The only good thing about this is that I now have a few more blocks for other stuff available. Almost half my friends on my list were actual SwapNote friends, that's all we did was exchange SwapNotes, and now many of those friends are just on the list for no reason at all. A few of them got Pokemon X or Y, but a lot of them don't yet, and I miss talking to those friends. Well, I guess we're all suppose to be reclusive after all.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

mystman12

Elite_Soarin wrote:

The app is useless now :/

This app has been useless for eight months now. Kind of weird to think it's been that long, actually. It doesn't seem that long ago.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

mystman12 wrote:

This app has been useless for eight months now. Kind of weird to think it's been that long, actually. It doesn't seem that long ago.

In a galaxy far, far away, Swapnote was something that still worked, and people wondered where they got those stationeries from.

Good times, good times (but that app always took up to much room in the notifications)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

gr8m8

Ha, I wanted Swapnote, but I realized that 3DS texting was not going to beat all the iPhones my friends had... I tried to sign up anyway, but there were like 30 things you had to do first and I got all "meh".

gr8m8

shaneoh

Untitled

Obviously you have to start small, like threads, then move on from there. Eventually you have a horde of skeletal dinosaurs to do your bidding.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.