3DS Forum

Topic: Swapnote Spotpass Service Discontinued

Showing 161 to 171 of 171

AuthorMessage

Chris720

161. Posted:

Nothing wrong with having your Personal Messages checked is there? After all these years where people have mis-used services I think it's a companies right to see what you're sending to others. As for the Swapnote issue... People have obviously been complaining about the service somewhere along the line since, as far as I'm aware, Nintendo don't check notes sent through said app.

I'm sure the service will come back online in a few months time when Nintendo have found a new way to control it. But until then, everyone who did this should hang their head in shame...

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

162. Posted:

^ I don't care having my messages checked since I don't send anything I don't want people to see(except maybe... those about the girl I like but I just don't want her seeing, before I tell her my feelings, so I don't mind a complete stranger checking :p ) I'm just saying I bet many of those guys complaining about tha lack of safety are the same that usually complain about the lack of privacy in social networks. XD

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

163. Posted:

I already miss it now. :( sigh.

Well, I'm not going to delete it. One day, I'll look back at it, and I'll always remember talking to my friend who had to leave IRL through it, and setting up some game sessions on it sometimes, and getting letters from Nintendo, and sending drawn pictures through it. It was so much fun.

Then again, I haven't used it in months, either.

But ultimately, I think that they just closed it because they made no money from it... It was a free app and maintaining a server wouldn't be cheap. I just wish that they had given us a better warning. >.>

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

musicmeister

164. Posted:

This decision by Nintendo is really disappointing. -_-

Friend code: 3780-9431-1695

AuthorMessage

Cuban42087

165. Posted:

Man I just got the 3dsxl and had spotpass for two whole mins then it told me I couldnt use it anymore I never got to use it and it says in settings that its on but it wont work dude thats bs man maybe if we all call nintendo all in the same day and b about it maybe just maybe it will come back

Edited on by Cuban42087

Cuban42087

3DS Friend Code: 2981-6852-3069

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

166. Posted:

The only good thing about this is that I now have a few more blocks for other stuff available. Almost half my friends on my list were actual SwapNote friends, that's all we did was exchange SwapNotes, and now many of those friends are just on the list for no reason at all. A few of them got Pokemon X or Y, but a lot of them don't yet, and I miss talking to those friends. Well, I guess we're all suppose to be reclusive after all.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

167. Posted:

What a total disappointment, i had such a wonderful time using this feature, exchanging whacky art and what not....I spent more time using Swapnote than any 3DS game for crying out loud.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Elite_Soarin

168. Posted:

The app is useless now :/

Elite_Soarin

AuthorMessage

mystman12

169. Posted:

Elite_Soarin wrote:

The app is useless now :/

This app has been useless for eight months now. Kind of weird to think it's been that long, actually. It doesn't seem that long ago.

Edited on by mystman12

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

170. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

This app has been useless for eight months now. Kind of weird to think it's been that long, actually. It doesn't seem that long ago.

In a galaxy far, far away, Swapnote was something that still worked, and people wondered where they got those stationeries from.

Good times, good times (but that app always took up to much room in the notifications)

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

gr8m8

171. Posted:

Ha, I wanted Swapnote, but I realized that 3DS texting was not going to beat all the iPhones my friends had... I tried to sign up anyway, but there were like 30 things you had to do first and I got all "meh".

gr8m8