Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 601 to 620 of 777

martinskrtel37

Hendesu wrote:

Trinexx wrote:

Hendesu wrote:

If Pokemon Z ever happens, I just hope that they'll stop that "When trainers met eyes they fight" or being blocked by NPCs.

Really? I never had any problem with this mechanic.

I guess you're used to it. I however, find it a problem because I can't new areas without doing something. (Example: Finding some item or defeat a trainer.) But the way they block the path is stupid or just ridiculous. They could have block the path with boulders or something that makes sense. But they use NPCs. The way the NPCs block the path is just....plain odd. They make up the weirdest excuses to be in your way.
Untitled
The trainer met eyes isn't really great either. I don't want to face a trainer at every single corner. I rather ask them for a battle instead. (Also, the reasons why they want to fight is just odd.)
Untitled

mate you are complaining about absolutely classic aspects of pokemon. the way your path is blocked until you progress enough through the game and the fact that when a trainer sees you they battle you!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Sleepingmudkip

@Blast: I would be so happy for a spin off that is like modern final fantasy or persona but most of the people wants the main series games to go in a completely different direction

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Eel

When it comes to main Pokemon games, most people really just want more of the same.

To play something like persona or final fantasy... Just play that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Having never played Pokemon Coliseum or Gale of Darkness, I would love access to these on either the VC or some sort of remastered version of the games. These look like they tip the traditional formula on its head and make for a slightly darker, grittier experience. Especially with the shadow Pokemon that you can snag.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

Yeah, I'd really like to see another Colosseum/XD kind of experience, those games were amazing.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

I think people are misinterupting what the "core series" stand for.

Core series titles are meant to represent and share a common tradition in how the game progresses and functions mechanically. They keep the same form of gameplay that their previous titles contained.

What some people have been asking for is:
No random encounters,
No trainer battles, (lol)
No more path blocking,
A pokemon theme final fantasy game.

All of these things do not belong in "core" games, as that's traditionally what they go against. Random encounters, trainer battles, path blocking, they're all part of the game. It's what keeps the RPG progressing. A pokemon themed final fantasy or persona game could be a thing, but not as a core series game, but rather a spin-off.

"But colosseum had trainer capture pokemon"
"But ranger didn't have wild encounters"
Those games had those become they are not traditional core games.. they're spin offs, hence why ranger has it's own series of games and colosseum got XD.

Honestly, it's coming to a point where we're asking for a spin off of the game, rather than a follow up title like Z in anyway.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I think people are misinterupting what the "core series" stand for.

Core series titles are meant to represent and share a common tradition in how the game progresses and functions mechanically. They keep the same form of gameplay that their previous titles contained.

What some people have been asking for is:
No random encounters,
No trainer battles, (lol)
No more path blocking,
A pokemon theme final fantasy game.

All of these things do not belong in "core" games, as that's traditionally what they go against. Random encounters, trainer battles, path blocking, they're all part of the game. It's what keeps the RPG progressing. A pokemon themed final fantasy or persona game could be a thing, but not as a core series game, but rather a spin-off.

Those games had those become they are not traditional core games.. they're spin offs, hence why ranger has it's own series of games and colosseum got XD.

Honestly, it's coming to a point where we're asking for a spin off of the game, rather than a follow up title like Z in anyway.

I want a more mature Pokemon spinoff because these main games have been hitting a brick wall. If the story in Pokemon Z is bad and Battle Frontier isn't there then I'm done with Pokemon.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tyranexx

MegaBeedrill wrote:

O_o I only mentioned Coliseum/XD as an alternative discussion, mainly because I would like access to them. For the most part, I find nothing wrong with the core mechanics of the main series. The random encounters do grate on me at times, but I only find this very noticeable in Hoenn. (See my reasoning in the Unpopular Gaming Opinions topic)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Araquanid

@Trinexx I wasn't directing that statement towards you, it's just been something that had ocassionally popped in this thread a few times.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Kylo_Ren

Well, Pokemon Z still hasn't been announced.

Kylo_Ren

Blast

What if Pokemon Z was a NX game... How would you guys react? Praise or disgusted?

Master of the Hype Train

-Green-

Blast wrote:

What if Pokemon Z was a NX game... How would you guys react? Praise or disgusted?

Indifferent tbh.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Sleepingmudkip

Blast wrote:

I would be ok with it if the NX was a fusion console and the game was compatible with the pokebank.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

CM30 wrote:

Give it time. Nintendo hasn't even posted a Nintendo Direct in the last few months, let alone announced any major new games. Maybe the rumoured soon to be coming one will have this game featured in it.

The Nintendo Direct schedule has nothing to do with Pokemon announcements because Pokemon games are rarely featured in Nintendo media, it's usually through Japanese magazines and such. It may, however, be related to Nintendo's general promotional schedule which may be pushed back a few months due to Iwata's untimely passing.

Blast wrote:

I'd feel like it was a waste to start off a new console with an existing generation. That's too limiting, there's not as much they could do with the NX if they have to make it fully compatible with the 3DS games. That's why XY was so late into the 3DS' lifespan, because they were finishing up what they were doing with 5th gen on the DS and then started off 6th gen with brand new features designed around the 3DS' capabilities.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

Also, creating a whole new game engine or adapting the existing one for a completely different system would be either too much work for a "third version" or just not worth the trouble.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Blast wrote:

I'm pretty sure it'll at least have a release on 3DS, but I wouldn't mind a cross-platform release on the NX.

Kylo_Ren

Aarod_Kong wrote:

I think it's more likely that the game will be exclusive to the New 3DS like Crystal was to the Game Boy Color.

I honestly think they won't as there aren't enough New 3DS's out there, and they would have a wider base to sell Pokemon Z if it is released on all 3DS than the New 3ds. (FYI all of gen 2 was released on GBC not just Crystal).

Kylo_Ren

Blast

Aarod_Kong wrote:

I think it's more likely that the game will be exclusive to the New 3DS like Crystal was to the Game Boy Color.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

LaserdiscGal

@Kylo_Ren

Gold and Silver worked on the original Gameboy, Crystal ONLY worked on the GBC.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.