Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 581 to 600 of 777

-Juice-

There's actually an unbroken trend that occurs each new generation of Pokemon. All of the odd numbers get a large amount of new Pokemon, and the even numbers get a small amount of new Pokemon. It's quite an interesting phenomenon, but I'm pretty sure that I don't like it. Either way, I think this evidence should be added to the court record.

Example: Gen 1: Quite a few Pokemon, being the first game and all. Gen 2: A small number of new Pokemon are introduced. Gen 3: A larg number is once again introduced. Gen 4: A small number compared to Gen 1&3, once again, etc.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Bolt_Strike

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

There's actually an unbroken trend that occurs each new generation of Pokemon. All of the odd numbers get a large amount of new Pokemon, and the even numbers get a small amount of new Pokemon. It's quite an interesting phenomenon, but I'm pretty sure that I don't like it. Either way, I think this evidence should be added to the court record.

Example: Gen 1: Quite a few Pokemon, being the first game and all. Gen 2: A small number of new Pokemon are introduced. Gen 3: A larg number is once again introduced. Gen 4: A small number compared to Gen 1&3, once again, etc.

Like I said earlier, Game Freak tends to flip flop between opposite extremes every generation. They need to strike a better balance here, somewhere in the 100-120 range would be good but they don't really hit this range (and anytime they do there's way too many cross gen evos).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Sleepingmudkip

I miss cross gen evos.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Hendesu

If Pokemon Z ever happens, I just hope that they'll stop that "When trainers met eyes they fight" or being blocked by NPCs.

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tyranexx

Hendesu wrote:

If Pokemon Z ever happens, I just hope that they'll stop that "When trainers met eyes they fight" or being blocked by NPCs.

Really? I never had any problem with this mechanic.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Hendesu

Trinexx wrote:

Hendesu wrote:

Really? I never had any problem with this mechanic.

I guess you're used to it. I however, find it a problem because I can't new areas without doing something. (Example: Finding some item or defeat a trainer.) But the way they block the path is stupid or just ridiculous. They could have block the path with boulders or something that makes sense. But they use NPCs. The way the NPCs block the path is just....plain odd. They make up the weirdest excuses to be in your way.
Untitled
The trainer met eyes isn't really great either. I don't want to face a trainer at every single corner. I rather ask them for a battle instead. (Also, the reasons why they want to fight is just odd.)
Untitled

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Blast

How else can you gain EXP besides random wild battles if you don't find NPCs locking eyes with you???? Lol

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Araquanid

Hendesu wrote:

Untitled

Untitled

I don't think NPCs were much of a problem in x/y/or/as. Anytime an NPC was blocking you, it was team magua blocking an entrance during their mission, construction workers blocking the path of an incomplete area, or something else. It was pretty logical.

The cross paths trainer battle I think is a good mechanic, it keeps players leveling up as they progress as otherwise you'd just ignore everybody. Considering each trainer is a one time battle unless rematching them just makes it a minor time consumer at best during your first play through.

Plus how else are you going to level up? If you're not going to battle them, you'll just be underleveled.. if you're going to talk to them, the game just does it automatically for you.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Besides, if we didn't have cross paths trainer battle mechanic, we wouldn't have amazing NPC dialogue like "I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear!"

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TeeJay

I find the various ways they block off areas you're not ready for yet charming. Better than boring old "stop the area beyond here isnunder construction" crap

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

TeeJay wrote:

I find the various ways they block off areas you're not ready for yet charming. Better than boring old "stop the area beyond here isnunder construction" crap

Unless you're in Gen 2 and you try to go to the Ice Path to get to Clair, but some guy offers to sell a RageCandyBar to a ten year old and forces him/her to turn around.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

foodmetaphors

they should just put a snorlax every time they wanna block a path. nobody's ever complained about too many snorlaxes.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

KO-Cub wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Unless you're in Gen 2 and you try to go to the Ice Path to get to Clair, but some guy offers to sell a RageCandyBar to a ten year old and forces him/her to turn around.

I agree, that guy was rather disruptive/annoying.

NPCs blocking the way has never bothered me, and usually it's for a somewhat logical reason. I like seeing what NPCs have to say in RPGs, be it anything ranging from useful info to purely entertaining conversation; as a result, I go out of my way to talk to every character I can.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

KO-Cub

foodmetaphors wrote:

they should just put a snorlax every time they wanna block a path. nobody's ever complained about too many snorlaxes.

Why complain about a Pokemon that appears only once in a game? In the end, you got something out of it. A new Pokemon and a battle.

I mean, I do like the sound of an NPC that would battle you after you're able to progress like those dancers, be having Lv 60's when you have 30's so you know you're going the wrong way.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Araquanid

Plus you can just level grind forever, proceed through that area, and skip the entire plot.

Back in gen 4 when we were testing nocliping in diamond, we were able to grab our starters (arceus, ho-oh, latios cause yolo), and the moment we reached mount cornet, the spear pillar event with dialga occured.

We tested this a second time, except this time we beat the E4 first, and then went to spear pillar, and the event was actually gone due to story progression, the game didn't know you skipped all this, so it just assumed you already got all the gym badges, and in doing so, went to spear pillar inbetween that time as well.

RPGs are very event triggered, say you do give players the option to go an alternate route (be it ridiculous level grinding) that the game is trying to prevent, then it makes a severe issue with how the story progresses and fails to trigger certain events.

Why are we making this out like a big deal again?

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

I swear some of you want pokemon to be so different. Some cry because they don't like turn base and others don't like random encounters. Now we are complaining because the game doesn't let you go into areas you shouldn't go as if pokemon was ever an open world game(And I like the funny and illogical reasons NPCs stand in our way....It shows how quirky gamefreak is).

Pokemon is pokemon not....Final fantasy

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

All I want is for Pokemon to go back to the way it was before Gen 5. Large, open ended region design, reasonably difficulty, lots of features, it's an RPG, you shouldn't be blowing through it. I'm not exactly asking them to reinvent the wheel here.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I swear some of you want pokemon to be so different. Some cry because they don't like turn base and others don't like random encounters. Now we are complaining because the game doesn't let you go into areas you shouldn't go as if pokemon was ever an open world game(And I like the funny and illogical reasons NPCs stand in our way....It shows how quirky gamefreak is).

Pokemon is pokemon not....Final fantasy

Yeah, well... I want a Pokemon spinoff thats similar to Final Fantasy and Persona. There's way too much potential in this series for Pokemon to still be having silly problems.

But I do agree that people do want things that will probably never happen. I want a Gym to explode in a Pokemon game but I know that's never happening.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.