3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 81 to 100 of 18,292

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

81. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Froakie is just random, lol.

Speaking of Froakie's name, it already got me conspiricising about his evolution. I couldnt help but notice his name sounds like Croak, as in how frogs are known to croak, and begins with Fro, rather than Cro, and Froakie already has some puffy hair around his neck/back of head, will we be getting an afro frog when he evolves? Or maybe the Fro means Frog and I'm just being silly! XD
Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

82. Posted:

Skipped 5th generation, bought the games but never played it. This looks like it's going to bring me back. The starters are already WAY better than Gen 5. They just look, like pokemon that are and should be cool.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

83. Posted:

I'm super excited for X and Y. I love the new artstyle and 3D world. It's way too early for me to decide on the starter or game(I usually pick the starter based off it's evolutions and the game based off it's exclusive Pokemon.) But yeah, can't wait for this.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

zachts98

84. Posted:

After reading this i might want X but i Like the legendary for Y. Also fennike FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!

zachts98

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

85. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Froakie is just random, lol.

Speaking of Froakie's name, it already got me conspiricising about his evolution. I couldnt help but notice his name sounds like Croak, as in how frogs are known to croak, and begins with Fro, rather than Cro, and Froakie already has some puffy hair around his neck/back of head, will we be getting an afro frog when he evolves? Or maybe the Fro means Frog and I'm just being silly! XD
Untitled

Dude! I thought the exact same thing! XD I was thinking it evolves into some sort of frog with an Afro. Maybe call it Froanky! XD

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

86. Posted:

Anyone else think that the fire building is a gym run by chille since he wanted to be his own individual leader? It also looks like there is a bug gym to.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

87. Posted:

And now, ladies and gents, heres an endless gif of Magikarp dying from overkill.
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Icefreak45

88. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

And now, ladies and gents, heres an endless gif of Magikarp dying from overkill.
Untitled

XD! Poor magikarp.
Personaly, Im really looking forward to this! I have been asking for a main entry 3D pokemon since i don't know when. The game itself looks decent from the shots shown. The world definitely needs some polish (nothing 9 months of waiting wont fix) and the battle scenes look amazing :). ALL of the starters look way better than Gen 5, imo. I'll probably go with either Fennekin or Froakie as mah starter and version will depend on exclusives and types, though I'm leaning towards Y. Soooo glad i held off of Black/White 2 ^^.

3DS FC: 2277-6750-5893

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

89. Posted:

The new legendary Pokemon look very cool and unique.
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Void

90. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Fennekin is an awesome name. Chespin at least sounds like chestnut so it's funny/cute. Froakie is just random, lol.

Frog + Croak = Froak Froakie.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Gioku

91. Posted:

I like the art style; it really shows off what the 3DS can do! It's all 3D models, but it still manages to look hand-drawn (I'm talking specifically about the battles). There's much more visual splendor here than I've seen in a main series Pokemon game before! October can't come soon enough! :D

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

92. Posted:

Pokemon Y is for extra manly men!

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

93. Posted:

You guys hear that? That's the sound of a million people getting ready to buy a 3DS!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

94. Posted:

I really love the names X and Y. For the first time ever, I'm like seriously intrigued by them. I think we all are. Like since when were we guessing what it might mean? I think Black and White had some deeper meaning, but this is the first time I'm really interested.

Let's see, X and Y could be chromosomes, involving DNA somehow. (There's a DNA symbol in the Japanese artwork logo).

It could also mean axis, like the dimensions. X, Y, and Z make the third dimension so basically 3D.

I think its really clever and cool. :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Squid

95. Posted:

I'm not crazy about the name, but I suppose it's better than Pokemon A and B. :P The 3D models are nice, but, if you ask me, they still look blurry and pixelated like in White/Black, and I think the 3DS could do a lot better than that. The in-battle models, however, look pretty nice, but I have to admit I'm a little unsure what I feel about the new perspective. I think I like the 'your Pokemon's back is facing you and you see the enemy Pokemon' setup, but no biggie. The names for the starters are a little dorky, but I'm just glad to see Pokemon from other generations. :) And that big bird, omg. I'm so getting Y, or whichever one has the bird in it. :O

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

96. Posted:

CaptainSquid wrote:

The 3D models are nice, but, if you ask me, they still look blurry and pixelated like in White/Black, and I think the 3DS could do a lot better than that. The in-battle models, however, look pretty nice, but I have to admit I'm a little unsure what I feel about the new perspective.

Remember that videos and pics can't do 3DS games justice; they'll look a lot better on an actual 3DS screen and they still have almost a whole year to polish up on the graphics.

Also, they don't have to go to a 3D style like the console games(Colosseum, etc; although that would've been nice too) for them to look amazing and 3D; I personally like what they plan for the visuals: 3D models/world but with a more hand drawn style as I recall someone else mentioning. They probably chose it to go this direction to give us a full 3D game, yet still keep that aesthetic feeling of the old 2D games.

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

97. Posted:

Untitled

that legend looked amazing to me :P remind me of the bird from wind waker

other then that the names of the game eh a bit weird and different the visuals still need some work which they can do in 10 months for sure just kinda felt like they used 2d models in some parts still >.< it be better if they went with the pkm models they used in pokemon colosseum oh well

Untitled

VS this

Untitled

not big fan of another deer pkm though even though it has some cool mysteries vibe to it =/ would of been cool if they used a fox as a legendary to go with the fox spirit legend

i guess in the end i just have mixed emotions out of this like it feeling too soon or what if they used the same 3d effects but on a R/S remake?

Edited on by DarkNinja9

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

98. Posted:

Chriiis wrote:

CaptainSquid wrote:

The 3D models are nice, but, if you ask me, they still look blurry and pixelated like in White/Black, and I think the 3DS could do a lot better than that. The in-battle models, however, look pretty nice, but I have to admit I'm a little unsure what I feel about the new perspective.

Remember that videos and pics can't do 3DS games justice; they'll look a lot better on an actual 3DS screen and they still have almost a whole year to polish up on the graphics.

Also, they don't have to go to a 3D style like the console games(Colosseum, etc; although that would've been nice too) for them to look amazing and 3D; I personally like what they plan for the visuals: 3D models/world but with a more hand drawn style as I recall someone else mentioning. They probably chose it to go this direction to give us a full 3D game, yet still keep that aesthetic feeling of the old 2D games.

Exactly. I remember almost all of the screenshots for Kid Icarus Uprising looked really pixelated but the actual game looks very crisp. Some pics for Re Revelations looked pretty blurry and pixelated as well in Nintendo Power.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

FarukoSH

99. Posted:

Been throwing money at the screen since the announcement, but its not coming any faster :(

3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473 // Games: RE: Revelations, MK7, Kid Icarus: U, MGS3D, SM3DLand, EO4, Donkey Kong CR3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania: LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 3U and Pokemon Y
Steam: Farukool
PM me if you add

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0256-4473

AuthorMessage

Squid

100. Posted:

Chriiis wrote:

CaptainSquid wrote:

True, good point. As well as what @KryptoKrunch said.

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid