Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 & Kirby announcement

Posts 201 to 220 of 295

ToadFan

I'm more excited for the Kirby game then New Super Mario Bros. 2

ToadFan

retired_account

Chrono_Cross wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I don't know where you got that idea, but I don't know any more about "this subject" than you, which is why I'm withholding judgment for now. I know that's crazy and irrational and doesn't make sense at all, but that's just me.

I know where you're coming from. Back in 2009 when NSMBW was just about to release, I ignored all information regarding it. Aside form the new power ups and the game case being red, I knew nothing about it when it came to that faithful Sunday, yet after beating it that week I didn't feel like I played a new Mario game but rather than a rushed "sequel". (So it felt like I beat it before it ever released.)

So that's where I'm getting at here. But since people seem to not understand where I'm coming from it looks like I'm going to have high expectations for this "new" Mario game.

Judging it based on NSMBWii doesn't make sense either, IMHO - that one was designed with a huge focus on multiplayer. The intent wasn't to stuff it with new baddies and moves. FWIW, I beat it the first time through with my bro, and it was hilariously ridiculous and enjoyable. Definitely something I had never experienced in a Mario platformer before.

If you really want to speculate and look at past examples, look at the difference between SMG and SMG2. I thought SMG was good, but I had a helluva lot more fun with its sequel. Since the core game was already done, they had a LOT more time to get creative with the gameplay for SMG2. I would imagine they'd do the same thing here. If they don't, then I'll be disappointed, but I can't know that until I see more.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Scrafty wrote:

dark-insanity wrote:

it would be more worth while if they thrown in a level maker....wouldnt it?

This is Nintendo we're talking about here.

You never know — the MvDK DS games have them. Wouldn't count on it though, haha.

retired_account

Undead_terror

pixelman wrote:

Scrafty wrote:

dark-insanity wrote:

it would be more worth while if they thrown in a level maker....wouldnt it?

This is Nintendo we're talking about here.

You never know — the MvDK DS games have them. Wouldn't count on it though, haha.

well i guess for that because its only a small puzzle level and not a big platformer level,but if did have a level maker i know i would buy it,also have online to share levels

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

shingi_70

Iirc littlebigplanet was first optioned to nintendo but they passed on it.

Mario will probably never get level creation.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chrono_Cross

pixelman wrote:

Judging it based on NSMBWii doesn't make sense either, IMHO - that one was designed with a huge focus on multiplayer. The intent wasn't to stuff it with new baddies and moves. FWIW, I beat it the first time through with my bro, and it was hilariously ridiculous and enjoyable. Definitely something I had never experienced in a Mario platformer before.

If you really want to speculate and look at past examples, look at the difference between SMG and SMG2. I thought SMG was good, but I had a helluva lot more fun with its sequel. Since the core game was already done, they had a LOT more time to get creative with the gameplay for SMG2. I would imagine they'd do the same thing here. If they don't, then I'll be disappointed, but I can't know that until I see more.

Unfortunately I never got to go through it with another person. Going through it solo was fun but it felt like the original and was exactly what I played on the DS. The focus on multiplayer was apparent but that didn't distract me from 100%'ing it in under 20 hours with its obvious layouts. It was too easy just like its predecessor to find every star coin and really didn't do anything dramatic aside from the multiplayer take on.

I hope you're right though. I hope Nintendo truly makes room for a great experience outside the norm like they tried with NSMBW. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TheKingOfTown

Chrono_Cross wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Unfortunately I never got to go through it with another person.

Playing the game with another person or two makes it 100000x times better.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

shingi_70

Wonder what this bodes for super Mario brothers mii?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

bobhobob

guys, calm yourselves. let's wait until we get a trailer or get the screenshot amount in double digits before we go: aww this is terrible it looks the same why don't they make a new game its gonna be exactly like the others, etc. I'm personally excited for this game, a I was addicted to NSMB onn the DS and I thought the Wii one was fun, even if I was terrible. Remember when we were all complaining about how the Tanooki Leaf was dumbed down in 3D land and then the statue leaf shows up in the secret worlds? There could be some huge surprises that won't even be revealed until reviews come in! So, relax.
I will be buying the Kirby compilation, as I have not played much of the old Kirby games besides the original Dreamland on 3DS VC. So, that would be cool.
Also, just throwing this out there, but what if Nintendo made some characters, levels and power ups that are being requested a lot DLC, since they have the ability to do that now? I mean, if you see something you like missing, maybe Nintendo will release it as DLC! You never know, they publiclly said they wouldn't fix Maka wuhu glitch, and look now, a patch is going to be released!
out of breath
Thank you for reading this rant, and have a good day.

bobhobob

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

shingi_70

But then nintendo vamers would whine abouts how the evils of the westren world and its fabled dlc is corrupting its hallowed nintendo.

Haven't read the whole thread but I don't see any major complaining.

Just bland art style is bland. And seems a tad bit uninspired.

After playing rayman origins and donkey Kong country returns I cant get excited about this.

WAT!

retired_account

I love this art style on handhelds, but yeah, it's horrid on an HDTV.

retired_account

Raylax

Struggling to get excited about this, but anything I'd say would just be a repeat of something someone else already said over the last ten pages, and I can't be bothered reading through them all. So! Let's discuss new things. ...OK, let's discuss the new thing (singular, although we only have 4 screenshot to go on). Gold Mario and Gold enemies.

I'm gonna guess that gold-power grants invulnerability, but not the ability to kill things on touch (as Starman would). So Gold Mario would be able to run across Piranha Plants (without killing them), spike traps and etc, and kicked shells and spike balls would bounce harmlessly off him. Conversely, Gold Pirahna Plants would never succumb to fireballing (perhaps Starman would still kill them?), whilst Gold Goombas and Gold Koopas would mock the red one's unsuccessful stomping attempts (Mario will probably still be able to bounce off them though, like stepping stones).

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

kkslider5552000

Ok, the game can have types of metals for powerups or...something. That already sounds like a good idea. It won't happen but whatever.

My initial thought was of the gold Waddle Dees in recent Kirby games. I guess that would mean the gold powerup would be specifically for getting the Not Dragon Coins from certain fast enemies.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

e-love

Does anyone else hope the gold means Wario might be in the game? I think I've said this before, but that would be an interesting twist.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TysonOfTime

Super Mario Land 2 had Wario.

The possibility of Wario is...considerable. I wouldn't go as far as to say likely, but there's a chance.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

e-love

Nintendo : "This all-new, side-scrolling adventure features Mario, Luigi and all your fave characters from the Mario series." Could that mean somebody like Wario could be in the game? I would like to see him play a role in the story, similar to Super Mario Land 2 : 6 Golden Coins. I know Mario games have never had the most complex story, but it has to be something more interesting than the "Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach" scenario. Change it up a little Nintendo!

Also, I have to admit. While I was very negative towards this game when it was first announced, I can say I'm feeling a little better about it now that I'm wondering what they'll do with it.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

shingi_70

Screw wario its

Untitled

WAT!

TysonOfTime

Anyways, interesting note. Since calling this game NSMB 2, Nintendo is acknowledging the fact that NSMBWii wasn't a real sequel.
So, by that logic, we can be more hopeful of new content.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.