Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 & Kirby announcement

Posts 181 to 200 of 295

Haywired

TysonQ7 wrote:

Also: people are upset with this game because it's releasing soon after a similar game?

If you have a delicious meal and then straight afterwards have the same delicious meal again then the second one isn't nearly as satisfying or enjoyable, because it was too soon, you're full. So you wait until you've built up a hunger again. When you have to wait for something, it becomes all the sweeter when it arrives. When sequels are churned out too quickly they're not as special or as highly anticipated, they exhaust the audience and sales decline.

Edited on by Haywired

Haywired

ThePirateCaptain

I'm personally excited for the game even though I wish they had used a different art style. The thing that has me worried is Miyamoto stating that the Wii U Mario game was going to be based on the SMB Mii demo from last year's E3. Hopefully it turns out to be SMB4 but we shall see.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TysonOfTime

Haywired wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Also: people are upset with this game because it's releasing soon after a similar game?

If you have a delicious meal and then straight afterwards have the same delicious meal again then the second one isn't nearly as satisfying or enjoyable, because it was too soon, you're full. So you wait until you've built up a hunger again. When you have to wait for something, it becomes all the sweeter when it arrives. When sequels are churned out too quickly they're not as special or as highly anticipated, they exhaust the audience and sales decline.

Did you see the rest of my post?

@Aviator
Well, I have to complain about something. This IS the Internet.
Anyways, I wasn't addressing reasons to buy new games, but that new installments happen yearly and people don't seem to care, but when Nintendo does it there are groans.

Well, people do that to Call is Duty too...
I'm not exactly making myself a good case.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Haywired

TysonQ7 wrote:

Haywired wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Did you see the rest of my post?

If you mean the Call of Duty bit then yes, the frequency of its releases will probably cause it to burn out faster than it would have done. See other once huge-selling Activision franchises Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. Perhaps the reason why Nintendo franchises have endured is because they treated them with care and didn't go down that route. In any case, my point wasn't really about sales, it was more trying to answer your question as to why a lot of Nintendo/Mario fans don't want to see the games released with such frequency. 3D Land has only just come out and sold extremely well, I don't see why they'd want to risk cutting off its legs so soon with another 3DS Mario.

Edited on by Haywired

Haywired

TysonOfTime

Curse you people who think things though more than I and make valid points!
Shakes fist

I guess the industry altogether has seen better days, huh?

shingi_70

Id say the industry beyond the greed and out of hand budgets this has been the best peroid since the 16 bit era. You have really good!!! Franchises that give you refinment. You also have the advent of digital and inde goodness. And now kickstar is coming to the fore front.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

greed and out of hand budgets

Hmm...

e-love

Mario is on burnout. I've never in my life seen a Mario related announcement and not been excited, and in this case its quite the opposite. Its just a shame, why can't Nintendo just slow down?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Yrreiht

I really don't understand all the negativity :/
I'm just as hyped for the new mario as i was for 3D land. For me, it's a chance to play a real sequel to NSMB on the DS, the wii version was so...not fun. Multiplayer was a mess and the new power-ups were just... boring. the koopa suit in the DS version was awesome.

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

CowLaunch

Emaan1 wrote:

Mario is on burnout. I've never in my life seen a Mario related announcement and not been excited, and in this case its quite the opposite. Its just a shame, why can't Nintendo just slow down?

Pretty much how I feel, although that could be because I'm getting older. Having said that, I don't feel much more like a mature human being than I did, so it's probably an indication of something else!

CowLaunch

Crystalking18

I personally think that Nintendo needs to lay off on the Mario for a bit and instead focus on other franchises to take the light for a little while. I'd love to see a revival of interest in Donkey Kong or Golden Sun to allow Mario to take a little rest.

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

kkslider5552000

it isn't even like if this game doesn't exist that Mario will go away. There's at least 2 upcoming 3DS Mario games, they just happen to not be platformers.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Undead_terror

so does luigis mansion also get released in august,thats two mario games at one time,well at least luigis mansion is another genre

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

TysonQ7 wrote:

but that new installments happen yearly and people don't seem to care,

You must be new to the internet.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

FonistofCruxis

Nintendo really need to give the Mario series a break. This will be releasing less than a year after the previous main series Mario game and it will be the same again if the 2D Mario platformer being made for Wii U is released this year. Nintendo seem to be running ideas for the series and this might not be the case if they gave the series bigger gaps between each release and gave other series more of a chance then they would have more time to think and make more creative games.

CrazyOtto

My prediction for the Kirby collection...

• Kirby's Dreamland (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Pinball Land (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Dreamland 2 (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Block Ball (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Star Stacker (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby Tilt n' Tumble (controlled with the Wiimote)
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Kirby's Avalanche
  • Kirby no KiraKira Kids
  • Kirby 64
  • Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (with online)
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (with online)
  • Kirby Air Ride (with online replacing LAN)

Then they'll put in demos for...

• Kirby Canvas Curse (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby Squeak Squad (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby Mass Attack (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land

For extras, they'll put in a few episodes of the TV show, a history timeline of all things Kirby (includes artwork, release dates, etc.), and they'll put in the first trailer for Kirby's next game (it'll most likely be a 3DS game).

It'll probably be Limited Edition like the Mario All-Stars pack.

Don't take this post too seriously, it's just my prediction.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Undead_terror

SuperSherbet wrote:

My prediction for the Kirby collection...

• Kirby's Dreamland (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Pinball Land (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Dreamland 2 (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Block Ball (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby's Star Stacker (Super Game Boy enhanced)
  • Kirby Tilt n' Tumble (controlled with the Wiimote)
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Kirby's Avalanche
  • Kirby no KiraKira Kids
  • Kirby 64
  • Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (with online)
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (with online)
  • Kirby Air Ride (with online replacing LAN)

Then they'll put in demos for...

• Kirby Canvas Curse (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby Squeak Squad (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby Mass Attack (It sends the demo to your DS)
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land

For extras, they'll put in a few episodes of the TV show, a history timeline of all things Kirby (includes artwork, release dates, etc.), and they'll put in the first trailer for Kirby's next game (it'll most likely be a 3DS game).

It'll probably be Limited Edition like the Mario All-Stars pack.

Don't take this post too seriously, it's just my prediction.

well someone got a lot to demand,just to let you know kirbys dream land is in super star its the first thing

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

but that new installments happen yearly and people don't seem to care,

You must be new to the internet.

...Yeah, dunno why I said that. I was basing it off experiences IRL.
While not too good that Mario is starting to be a cash out, I still think it looks good, so whatever.

Chrono_Cross

pixelman wrote:

I don't know where you got that idea, but I don't know any more about "this subject" than you, which is why I'm withholding judgment for now. I know that's crazy and irrational and doesn't make sense at all, but that's just me.

I know where you're coming from. Back in 2009 when NSMBW was just about to release, I ignored all information regarding it. Aside form the new power ups and the game case being red, I knew nothing about it when it came to that faithful Sunday, yet after beating it that week I didn't feel like I played a new Mario game but rather than a rushed "sequel". (So it felt like I beat it before it ever released.)

So that's where I'm getting at here. But since people seem to not understand where I'm coming from it looks like I'm going to have high expectations for this "new" Mario game.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bilko

Hmm, got to say I'm a little disappointed that it's another NSMB really. I did enjoy the DS and Wii versions but I'd much prefer more of a departure. At the time, SMW felt like a real progression from the previous games whereas this feels like 'more of the same'. Having said that, we've only seen a few screenshots so maybe there's more to NSMB2 than meets the eye.

3DS Friendcode: 4296-3053-4651
Currently playing: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Pullblox, Metroid Fusion (again)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.