Forums

Topic: New game: SteamWorld Dig for the 3DS

Posts 121 to 139 of 139

jump

Morphbug wrote:

I'm super late to this party, but I finally got this one. Only 3.8 dollars (MX$49) was too good of a deal to miss.

So... I assume this game is good(will start it tomorrow)! Anyone else is getting this with the discount?

I got it with a discount about 6+ months ago:P

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

6ch6ris6

the game got so many good scores but it looks really boring to me. polished but boring. not sure if i should get it.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Nickvp95

@6cg6ris6 It really just depends on how you look at it. It reality, you are going in the same mine over and over in an attempt to dig deeper, while looking for upgrades and treasure and fighting off enemies. It's an exploration game that is built around chance. While appealing to me, it might not be appealing to someone who doesn't like endless digging in hopes of coming across a big fortune. I could definitely see how others could find it boring, but I do recommend you giving it a chance because it is a great game

jump

6ch6ris6 wrote:

the game got so many good scores but it looks really boring to me. polished but boring. not sure if i should get it.

It has gotten good scores for a reason. If you like Metroidvania games you should give it a try as it will be a must play game but if you can't stand those games then avoid.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

6ch6ris6

looking at some video it seems you have to use A or L button to use the pickaxe. is there a way to change the controlls? i really dont want to use A or L for the action i will be doing the most. my A button is already used the most in other games and the L button...nah.

X or Y for mining would be cool. can i do that?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GuSolarFlare

6ch6ris6 wrote:

it's a nice game, but if you try digging down to find the next objective without trying to get treasure or upgrades it'll be boring as hell because you'll be losing most of the game(and digging will become slow, reeeaaaaaaaally slow further into it)
basically if you take your time and play it with exploration in mind you'll have a blast but if you just want to rush to the end as fast as possible you'll feel it's a drag of a game.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

looking at some video it seems you have to use A or L button to use the pickaxe. is there a way to change the controlls? i really dont want to use A or L for the action i will be doing the most. my A button is already used the most in other games and the L button...nah.

I can't say for sure but this just seems like nit picking to me. Looks like you're trying to find excuses to not get it.

I guess I'll tell my story once again lol. When I first got the game it seemed boring and not fun. All it seemed like I was doing was digging my grave in the dark so I wrote it off as money and time wasted. I kept hearing about how good it was and wondered why since my experience was not good.

Later on my friend also got the game and said I was crazy for not liking this game. He said it was the best shop game at that time. So reluctantly I gave it another shot. He had told me I was playing it wrong and you need to make paths so you can get back out. I just assumed dig everything up and that ruined my experience. Needless to say I got into it to the point that it was the most fun I had with a shop game at that time. For that matter it's still number one or 2 best shop game I've played. Its really a rewarding game with the upgrade system and feels fresh more so then most games of this style. Some of the upgrades are so totally cool as well.

Get it, it won't disappoint!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

Spoony_Tech wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

I can't say for sure but this just seems like nit picking to me. Looks like you're trying to find excuses to not get it.

I guess I'll tell my story once again lol. When I first got the game it seemed boring and not fun. All it seemed like I was doing was digging my grave in the dark so I wrote it off as money and time wasted. I kept hearing about how good it was and wondered why since my experience was not good.

Later on my friend also got the game and said I was crazy for not liking this game. He said it was the best shop game at that time. So reluctantly I gave it another shot. He had told me I was playing it wrong and you need to make paths so you can get back out. I just assumed dig everything up and that ruined my experience. Needless to say I got into it to the point that it was the most fun I had with a shop game at that time. For that matter it's still number one or 2 best shop game I've played. Its really a rewarding game with the upgrade system and feels fresh more so then most games of this style. Some of the upgrades are so totally cool as well.

wow worst response ever. why don't you just answer my question?
i don't want to use the A button too much because it already is a bit loose because every freaking game uses it and most games dont let me choose the controls (WHY, developers. WHY???.
my R button is really loose because i used it in PES so much. i needed to change the controls in that game so i can still use thr R button in mario kart.

can i change the controls? YES or NO ?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GuSolarFlare

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

wow worst response ever. why don't you just answer my question?
i don't want to use the A button too much because it already is a bit loose because every freaking game uses it and most games dont let me choose the controls (WHY, developers. WHY???.
my R button is really loose because i used it in PES so much. i needed to change the controls in that game so i can still use thr R button in mario kart.

can i change the controls? YES or NO ?

nope can't change controls. but it's a short game, it won't damage your buttons(I know it, I've broken my 3DS' R button once before and my A button has been loose for a good while)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Picked up this game last week when it was on sale. Very cute! Lol love the digging part I was digging holes for about 2 hours in the game getting more & more gold, etc lol. Really like it. Glad I waited for it to go on sale.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Glad you like it! Now get those upgrades and the game opens up Even more.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

I convinced a friend to get this too. He's addicted now :s

It is a very nice game, I kinda wish it was possible to use the pickaxe while jumping though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

6ch6ris6

got the game too now and played almost 2 hours straight. i have some issues with the game but overall it is fun and well made.
i kinda miss real quests. sure the map shows you were to go but why? on my way to the mark on the map i see 2 or 3 other caves. some of them seem to be there for later and some i can already explore.
the upgrades could have been better, too. especially the descriptions. half of the items i am not sure what they do and if i really need them. some of the early upgrades need orbes, but it is not described what they are or where you can get them. it was more a random event that i saw them.
fighting mechanics are a joke tbh. again nowhere explained and right out of the stonge age (pun intended).

it is a fun game but i am so happy i didnt bought it full price. with the discount it is good

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@6ch6ris6

I agree the game is excellent. How do you get the Blue Orbes thingy's? I need them to upgrade. I'll post a miiverse pic later to show the problem.

@Spoony_Tech

Lol I got upgrades several times just need the blue orbes thingy's for different things to purchase in the workshop.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Some of them are impossible to get without certain abilities. When you think you have the one to help come back to it to retrieve it. There is a move that can help you jump and clear out dirt at the same time and I found that one valuable to get some hard to reach orbs. In other words clear it out with your head.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

SleepyCrossing

I finally started playing this last night and when I woke up I played for 2.5 hours straight. Insanely glad I purchased this game. Flawless IMO. I'm sad to hear its short, but I haven't beaten it. Though I think I am getting close. I am going to have to make a second file and play again, its too fun not to.

The eerie vibes this game gives off, especially at deeper levels, is really impressive. And almost no horror movies/games succeed at giving me eerie vibes, so to say that a digging platformer from the e-shop can is a statement The backgrounds and textures and eerie futuristic western setting are all perfect.

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

6ch6ris6

the game keeps on giving. i recieved the metal detector and went through all the caves again to find all ressources. really cool

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

the game keeps on giving. i recieved the metal detector and went through all the caves again to find all ressources. really cool

Yep, it just keeps getting better as you play. We tried to tell you lol. By the time you're done you will probably realize it would've been worth the full price!

MERG said:

6ch6ris6

Spoony_Tech wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Yep, it just keeps getting better as you play. We tried to tell you lol. By the time you're done you will probably realize it would've been worth the full price!

i think i am really getting to that point. i hope we will see a sequel. maybe with a few more puzzles and even cooler upgrades. AND i wish i could see all upgrades immediatly. the light you have at the beginng is so annyoing small and shortlifed

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i think i am really getting to that point. i hope we will see a sequel. maybe with a few more puzzles and even cooler upgrades. AND i wish i could see all upgrades immediatly. the light you have at the beginng is so annyoing small and shortlifed

I believe I've heard a number of times they're working on a sequel. What I really want to know is the Wii U version going to have added content or will it be a straight port.

MERG said:

6ch6ris6

hooray i finished the game. 9 hours playtime. the boss was really cool. i think i will play through it again some day

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.