Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,882

Grumblevolcano

Damn @Knuckles was right, I opened up my New 3DS to find out it can't go past the Language screen. Looks like I have to send it to Nintendo to get replaced (the L+R+X trick for 3DS/3DS XL doesn't send me to calibration).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaMari0

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Damn @Knuckles was right, I opened up my New 3DS to find out it can't go past the Language screen. Looks like I have to send it to Nintendo to get replaced (the L+R+X trick for 3DS/3DS XL doesn't send me to calibration).

wait...what's this you speak of?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Knuckles

munchakoopas wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'd like to know what I was right about as well.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Grumblevolcano

Knuckles wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

"Careful what you wish for." Lets say there is some special game exclusive like the GBA ones for 3DS ambassador, then I wouldn't be able to participate because my New 3DS won't go past the Language screen and have to send it to Nintendo for a replacement (if they have any left).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaMari0

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

"Careful what you wish for." Lets say there is some special game exclusive like the GBA ones for 3DS ambassador, then I wouldn't be able to participate because my New 3DS won't go past the Language screen and have to send it to Nintendo for a replacement (if they have any left).

Well then you better get crackin and send it back before something like that is announced.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

You'll be happy to know that Nintendo holds a couple of the New 3DSs back in case something like this happens. This is how Nintendo is replacing my system after it was delivered to the wrong address.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

WebHead

Meanwhile NoA hasn't even acknowledged the existence of the New models. We should be getting them by Easter though, which is good. Strike while the iron is hot Nintendo.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

JamesNighthawk

Hey All

Got my ambassador New 3DS today

My initial review after a couple of hours, all data transferred over.
(Moving from a Blue 3DS XL)

The build quality is back to the solid goodness of the OG 3DS, but, with the better buttons and rounded front of the XL. Love the feel in my hands. The white is slightly off white but that is cool. The SNES retro buttons are funky but not an eye sore when playing as they are under the thumb. No "creak" or moving parts (my XL creaked on the rear when held. And I hated the SD card slot. These things annoy me)

The speakers are clear and louder than the XL. A tad tinnier but who cares, small speakers are tinny by nature. The headphone quality is great, full bass.

I love the screen size. It is a great compromise better the "postage" stamp of the original and the excess of the XL. I loved the XL to start with but the more I played the more I missed the sharpness of the OG. So many jaggies. This is a perfect midpoint. And it is light so holding it nearer compensates without strain.

The buttons are all great. Solid. Good travel. The D-pad is immaculate (used with Tetris). The R and L are slightly clicky in a good way.

The c stick - I have used this with the smash demo. I was shocked how well it did the job. It doesn't move beyond a fraction of a millimetre, but it does work! Will be intrigued for camera usage and such.

My circle pad started a little gritty. But this is common and will likely be silky smooth in a few days.

The 3D works. It moves with you. I have very good eyes and I DO notice it calibrating, but only when I go looking for it. Natural swaying, gentle moving as you play, and the 3D adjusts to you. The only quirk I have found it that areas of "ghosting" (dark areas with light areas up front that "double") are still present and can judder a little from the calibration. Not a biggy though and I am largely impressed as I say.

Screen scratching - the old OG bugbear, which I also had on my first XL - shouldn't be an issue. Holding it upto the light, it seems that there is an air gap all the way thru, so the raised edges of the touch screen shouldn't touch the tops screen. Bonus. No more microfibre cloth homemade solution needed.

So. My only concern. And thoughts here appreciated from WHITE 3DS OWNERS:

I like the white in general. More than I thought, from someone who wanted black. The only niggle is that the front cameras are black and not small. My eye keeps getting drawn to them. Lulling around in Animal crossing, I saw them looming over my village. In smash, I don't notice them, as the action is so fast.

Hopefully this is because I am not used to it and it will stop being an issue.
Do people also share my thoughts or does this fade away after usage?

Playing in low light is less of an issue as less of a contrast (and yes the tracking still works).

The front camera on a black 3DS, any model, is less notable as it is black-on-black. Although... even on the black NEW3DS, the camera is VERY black on the grey-black interior. Hmmm.

Hope these thoughts are useful 

JamesNighthawk

Twitter:

Yoshi

North American release date is February 13, according to GameStop.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Huachiman

I was hoping for a date in January, but I'll take February 13th. Let's hope for a Direct tomorrow to have it officially confirmed.

Currently playing (perpetually): NHL 95, Mega Man 2 and Super Metroid

Spoony_Tech

I wasn't really sure I wanted or need it but now that we have a potential date I'm actually excited. Plus I can unload my old system for 100$ hope it's true!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Knuckles

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Oh, yeah. Sorry, that made me look stupid. I read that comment as I was right about something regarding the New 3DS and a techincal comment about the soft reset. Only glanced over the post and had to get back to other things. Sorry for jinx'ing you.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

HandheldGuru97

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just checked and it looks like I have north of $200!!!!!! Assuming the smaller version is right around $170-$175 I'm golden! I haven't been this excited about a handheld release in nearly 4 years! Got a thick backlog to cut through, but this is still going to be a long month. If preorders go live Wednesday I'll try and grab a black one and a faceplate or two on Amazon. Can't believe I'm saying it, but Majora's Mask better not be out next month!!!!!! Faceplates or Zelda...nope to hard to decide! (At least for now....

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

claypool

PKpunky wrote:

So it appears North America might, just might get the New 3DS on February 13!

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/gamestop-new-nintendo-3ds-launch...

If true, it's coming sooner that I thought! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Please be true!!!! That would be awesome, way sooner than I thought. I was expecting late March at the earliest, so Feb 13th would be great

claypool

WebHead

Well there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow so EU and NA launch details should be revealed tomorrow.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

Rob_mc_1 wrote:

Edit nm

Lol, I guess nm from me as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic