Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 941 to 960 of 5,926

nacho_chicken

Sanya wrote:

Yeah I highly doubt that was a glitch. lol

Considering the only time I've seen Capcom employees talk about 3U's charm tables - they were completely dodging the question and even locked the topic - it is most certainly a glitch. None of the other games with charms work like 3U did. Tri, P3rd, 4, and 4U all change your charm table upon selection.

@MorphMarron
Talismans/charms are an armor piece that - instead of raising your defense - puts many points towards a skill. Say, "Attack Up", or "Fire Attack +". You get them randomly from completing quests or by mining. The only problem was that in 3U, every time you create a character, you would get locked out of getting certain charms. This was especially terrible if you're locked out of several good charms for Melee/ranged weapon types, and are instead given loads upon loads of charms for the other weapon type.
This was fixed in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and cycles through the available charms each time you start the game.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

ZB42

I can live with that. My table for 3U was ok. Not great, but I didn't want to try to get a better one.

NNID: Z.Beeblebrox

Eel

I know about talismans, though the fact that you could only get some with a character is news to me.

I guess I never bothered reading more about them since I actually got some nice ones.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

Downloaded this game earlier. Holy moly, is it huge! The game plus the update file puts it around 21,000 blocks!

So, questions: I've played a few hours in, and am interested in upgrading some of my vanilla armor, but I need ore to do it. So mining is a thing in this game? Will the game teach me how to do it as part of the campaign, or do I need to learn it on my own?

Also, that pig you get is ridiculously cute.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Downloaded this game earlier. Holy moly, is it huge! The game plus the update file puts it around 21,000 blocks!

So, questions: I've played a few hours in, and am interested in upgrading some of my vanilla armor, but I need ore to do it. So mining is a thing in this game? Will the game teach me how to do it as part of the campaign, or do I need to learn it on my own?

You see the rock looking piles laying around certain areas? You need a pick axe to mine. Mega pick axes are you best bet and I always carry the max with me. There might be one or perhaps 2 areas to mine in each sector so keep a look out for them and remember what you get from them as they very from spot to spot.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MisterMan

Thanks for the tips everyone. After investing some more time into the game I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm really digging the hammer. It's still pretty hard but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I just purchased the game and am downloading it now. Game on.

MisterMan

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

You see the rock looking piles laying around certain areas? You need a pick axe to mine. Mega pick axes are you best bet and I always carry the max with me. There might be one or perhaps 2 areas to mine in each sector so keep a look out for them and remember what you get from them as they very from spot to spot.

Thanks! I understand fishing is also a thing?

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Thanks! I understand fishing is also a thing?

I'll be honest I rarely fish unless it's quest related. Later in the game you can send out people for fish.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@Ralizah In every Monster Hunter game you're part of a primitive hunter-gatherer society. They took it literally, so you do both those things - hunting AND gathering. You can mine, fish, catch bugs, carve monster parts, gather herbs... There's plenty to do!

Goldenfish and Small Goldenfish are pretty handy if you're looking to make some cash, but honestly egg delivery quests or sending out ships are generally my go-to for quick money grabs.

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

HolyMackerel wrote:

Untitled

Noooooooooo!!!

MERG said:

Eel

Felynes? Nah. Rathalos? Hah no. Poogie? Hahahah NO.

Mushroom fetch quests are the real mascot of the series.

Bloop.

Shirma_Akayaku

Can someone tell me what's the best weapon to start with? I'm new to Monster Hunter and I want to see if I can get into the series.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Spoony_Tech

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Can someone tell me what's the best weapon to start with? I'm new to Monster Hunter and I want to see if I can get into the series.

The easiest to start with are the faster weapons. Sowrd and shield, dual blades, and long sword. Those allow you to move quicker. Most of the rest require more patience.

MERG said:

Eel

The hammer and hunting horn are also pretty straight forward in terms of use.

They don't really have fancy combos and do a lot of raw damage.

Bloop.

HolyMackerel

I'd go with sword & shield to start. It'll give you a good handle on combos, shows you how to guard and evade, and it even allows you to use items while it's unsheathed. Super useful for beginners to be able to chug potions without putting your weapon away. It's great all-rounder for new hunters!

Anyone up to do some low rank quests together? My 3DS Friend Code is 4098-3796-9042.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Ralizah

I'm starting out with the katana, which is weird, because I LOVED dual blades during the demo.

Spoony_Tech

HolyMackerel wrote:

I'd go with sword & shield to start. It'll give you a good handle on combos, shows you how to guard and evade, and it even allows you to use items while it's unsheathed. Super useful for beginners to be able to chug potions without putting your weapon away. It's great all-rounder for new hunters!

Anyone up to do some low rank quests together? My 3DS Friend Code is 4098-3796-9042.

Give me till mid week next week as I'm still waiting for my system.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.