Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 5,881 to 5,900 of 5,926

LasermasterA

@OutCold I just saw you before you left in the game -_-

Sorry again...

Nintendo fan, with a taste for all genres! Monster Hunter for the win!

Oh and Isaac for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!

LasermasterA

@OutCold
Lol okay. So I am free from around now, so just post whenever you can come on!

LasermasterA

@OutCold Alright. Was just finishing up a bit of SMT4.

Made the room.

LasermasterA

@OutCold
Well thanks, I was able to get the Garuga Ear for my Fortify Jewel.

Now to test it out versus the uber elders. That damage boost will come in handy to solo 'em, since I can't run an adrenaline set for the life of me, but a survivor set is definitely doable.

Spoony_Tech

@LasermasterA Sorry I'm just now getting back to answer you. I'm still G2 and my urgent should be just around the corner. Just doing any solo missions I still can by myself.

Also glad you got your item you needed.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LasermasterA

@Spoony_Tech Alright then.

Feel free to ask if you need any help or a hunting partner. Your urgent is a chaos magala if I remember correctly.

crimsontadpoles

It's been too long since I've played 4U since Generations has been consuming a lot of my time.

I'm going to head on to the G1 quests and try to make progress, and will do any quests without worrying about which ones are the key quests. I can survive on solo for now, but if anyone wants to join in, then I've made a room numbered ...

Edit: Actually, while it's just me, I could do with having both my felynes on the quest, and online mode frustratingly doesn't let you use two felynes even if you're by yourself.

So I'm going back to single player. If anyone wants to do G1 quests with me, then just @ me and I can make the room again.

Edit 2: I managed to solo several quests, but Tigerstripe Zamtrios is far too hard for me to solo with my current armour set (has -30 Water Res overall), so I'm gonna go and grind a new armour set. The Hermitaur Z set looks best for me at the moment.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

LasermasterA

@crimsontadpoles Okay I saw this late.

You still on? I kinda took a break again since my X button was starting to give me some problems....

LasermasterA

@crimsontadpoles Alright then. I'll respond faster next time xD

I would recommend ya to get Charm God, Gathering God and Speed Gatherer, and do Sovereign of the Sky runs. Good for Heavy armour spheres, G rank ores and charms.

Plus the subquest is super easy to end with using IG.

Although the set usually requires the Felyne Hairband X which you get parts for by doing Apex Jho and Zam + T.Zam quests in Arena.....

crimsontadpoles

I got some new armour that isn't weak to water, stick some evasion gems on to get the evade +2 skill, and was finally able to beat Tigerstripe Zamtrios. It still gave me a lot of grief though. He may be slow, but almost every inflated attack will affect a wide area and inflict serious damage.

Now I think it's Tidal Najarala, then both Red Khezu and Rathian, then a Seregios urgent, then I'll reach the dizzy heights of G2.

Edit: My progress in this game is becoming very slow since I'm mostly focused on Generations, but I want to defeat all the monsters in both 3U and 4U eventually.

My Anime List

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

LasermasterA

@crimsontadpoles
I saw a reply and thought I missed a call to arms Good to see you progressing slowly and steadily. Tigerstripe Zam can be a pain since he can switch to and from the bloated form, and doesn't give an easy window unlike his Icy counterpart. Plus his paralyze blobs and that hydro cannon or whatever it was. G rank I think has the highest no. of key quests so it will take a while....

Well I haven't gotten Generations yet, and won't be able to get it anytime soon, hence my focus is mainly on 4U, and slightly on 3U. Although my main goal (whenever I get time to play MH) in both has become to max my sets, and get awesome mixed sets for every weapon and opportunity Hunting with different weapons each time is fun, but taxing if one intends to use 'em properly. I saw people online doing random switching but not having proper armor skills or proper wep skills. One case: Spread arrows from almost halfway across the arena -_-

I also finally beat the Arena Apex Jho 2-3 times solo and managed to get a set with Charm God, Gathering God, Speed Gatherer and Spirit's Whim for Armour sphere + charm runs.

LasermasterA

Dead thread ahoy! xD

Anyone still around? No one wants G rank again?

crimsontadpoles

I played some more of this today after having a long break from it due to Generations, and I had a very close battle with G rank Tidal Najarala. I killed it with only 2:14 left on the clock, and I'd been carted twice and was running out of healing items. However, I did waste a few minutes trying to remember how to Long Sword.

I still need to hunt it again to get the T.Najarala Piel, so I might try Insect Glaive next time.

My Anime List

LasermasterA

@crimsontadpoles

Ooh a reply xD Yea that sounds like a huge ass time, you forgot Long Sword that much? I got bored of soloing stuff, didn't feel like hunting randoms so I took a long break. If you do want to hunt, I'm usually there, so just mention me

crimsontadpoles

I gave the Urgent G rank Seregios quest a try, but it didn't last long. I managed to survive for 5 minutes before getting carted, and I'd already used a lot of my healing items before then.

I'm trying to at least do Key Quests and Urgents solo. So for now, I'll need to grind some Heavy Armor Spheres to squeeze out all the defence I possibly can, then try it a few more times until I learn its attacks and can dodge them. If that fails, then I might need to specifically create a thunder weapons instead of using my ice Dual Blades.

Edit: Wow, the Seregios fight is actually really good. Instead of trying what I mentioned above and grinding more armour, I instead just battled it a few more times. The first couple of times I was being carted within a couple of minutes of starting the quest. But then on the third try, I knew exactly what Seregios was doing and was able to avoid most of the worst attacks and defeat him. So now I'm up in G2 rank

My Anime List

Joeynator3000

Anyone here still playing this game? I started a new file not too long ago and I'm at the end of high rank. Was thinking of going online to take care of a couple of quests (mainly the one where you fight Zinogre and Stygian in the arena, it's basically overkill for me. Don't even get a chance to attack, lol) since they're a bit much for me. Anyways figured I'd try and revive this thread instead of making a new one.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.