Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 5,926

Hy8ogen

@TeeJay Rule no.1, always bring as much stuff as you can. always just for the occasion.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Hy8ogen

@Iggly I also need to hunt dalamur. Hook me up if you're doing it.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Captain_Toad

Capcom is giving out a survey if you wanna see Momster Hunter 4 on the WiiU. tinyurl.com/MH4Usurvey

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Spoony_Tech

I'm surprised they're doing this. Seems like they didn't even care. At least Capcom listens in regards to this series.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

potatomage7

Since this is the discussion page, I think this is the place to ask this.

I'm on the fence about getting MH4U. It would be my first MH game I've ever played. I've heard so much good about this game that I can't believe it all. The general idea would be a perfect game for me; I love grinding, getting materials for upgrading and crafting, and killing monsters.

Unfortunately, the demo did not appeal to me at all. I really, REALLY, suck at it. I couldn't kill the Tetsucabra in within the time limit. I tried multiple times, but I ran out of time every single one. And I always took a ton of damage during each attempt, and I was only saved by Beginner mode. In general, I just don't have much skill with video games. My forte is strategy, like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. I'm just not sure if I can get better at all at a game like this. My usual strategy for conquering something that I can't beat is to grind, and that won't work in a game this skill-based.

Adding to the problem, I'll never be able to play online. I only have satellite internet, which makes almost every online game practically unplayable. I've heard that online is a major part of the game, and not being able to enjoy it would be a major deal. I also don't have a New 3ds, so camera control isn't the greatest.

Well, that's my situation. I think I would REALLY enjoy this game if I could get past my sucking at the combat. Did anyone else here have a similar experience to mine? If so, tell me about it! I want to know if it's possible for me to enjoy this game, because the general idea caters to everything I love about video games.

potatomage7

JoyBoy

^ I don't think anyone was any good at this game the first time around. I wasn't even that bad, but that was solely because I watched dozens of videos before even playing. So with that in mind, I'd say go for it. You will gradually learn.

But since you mentioned you won't be playing online... I don't know. I wouldn't be playing this game without online to tell you the truth. Only if I knew 2 to 3 friends with whom I could regularly play offline, I'd like that even more.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Namco

I'm probably one of the few players still hoping for a Wii U version of Monster Hunter 4... My skills are getting rusty Capcom

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

MERG

@Tech What's your weapon of choice? Do you use different weapons or just stick with one?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Ralizah

Well, I was holding off on crafting a secondary weapon for as long as possible, but Gravios is simply too much of a pain to melee. His only apparent vulnerable spot is his belly, and he shoots fire out of it half the time. Not to mention that he rolls around so much that even getting near him is dangerous. I found the bow nearly unusable, but the light and heavy bowgun are both fantastic weapons. I think I'm going to make a heavy bowgun, though, seeing as how I plan to stay as far away from the Gravios as I can while still having the ability to inflict damage.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

Robin_Aisaga wrote:

I'm probably one of the few still waiting for a Wii U version... My skills are getting rusty capcom

It really does look nice on 3DS. The spell effects in the Kushala Daora and Teostra fights are particularly beautiful.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MrGameluvr

Hello, how are you all doing today? Well, I hope. Anyone here interested in helping a poor hunter reach HR2? I think if I tried to do it solo it would not go well since I could barely catch a Gypceros.....

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

MisterMan

@potatomage7 This was my frist MH game and I had a similar experience as you with the demo. I really sucked, but after awhile you'll get the hang of it. Try a bunch of different weapons and you'll find one that fits your style of play. I think that you'll get more than your money's worth with offline play. I think I played 30-40 hours before I went online. I still play mostly offline, but online is a blast when you're with the right group.

MisterMan

Ralizah

MorphMarron wrote:

Bring bombs to fight gravios, they'll make the battle easier.

Thanks, that was good advice. A combination of a strong bowgun, water/piercing ammo, and an assortment of bombs brought that thing down much more quickly.

Also probably helped that my aiming was better due to upgrading my fun with a nice scope.

Also, I'm just going to say it: while it was already quite pretty on the old 3DS, the graphics on the New 3DS are simply incredible. The game seems to have more detailed textures and seems to be running at a consistently higher frame-rate. This title puts most PS Vita games to shame. It's utterly gorgeous.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

@Tech What's your weapon of choice? Do you use different weapons or just stick with one?

I Use mainly the Great Sword. It works great for cutting tails and reaching otherwise those hard to reach areas of the monsters. I sub duel swords and with the right set ups those can be deadly. I try not to expand beyond that only because I don't want to learn too many different weapons all at once. Others I know how to use well are hammers and Long swords. Each has an advantage depending on what you need from a monster.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Iggly

@Neptune @Hy8ogen Are you guys up for hunting the Dalamadur? I'll start the room unless you're already in one or busy.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah When did you upgrade?

MERG said:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Ralizah When did you upgrade?

Last week. I decided to treat myself. Got a pretty red one.

nacho_chicken

Ralizah wrote:

Well, I was holding off on crafting a secondary weapon for as long as possible, but Gravios is simply too much of a pain to melee. His only apparent vulnerable spot is his belly, and he shoots fire out of it half the time. Not to mention that he rolls around so much that even getting near him is dangerous. I found the bow nearly unusable, but the light and heavy bowgun are both fantastic weapons. I think I'm going to make a heavy bowgun, though, seeing as how I plan to stay as far away from the Gravios as I can while still having the ability to inflict damage.

He's a total pain if you don't know countermeasures against weapon deflection. Gravios is all-around extremely weak to mounting. Breaking his back will prevent him from doing the AoE steam attack after a laser, and breaking parts makes you less likely to bounce. As far as specific weapon strategies go:
Switch Axe has a Mind's Eye (anti-deflection) effect active in sword mode. Long Sword spirit combos and Dual Blade's demon dance also have Mind's Eye. Great Sword charge attacks have a huge sharpness modifier to prevent deflecting. Insect Glaives can mount all day long. Sword and Shield lets you mount up ledges as well as down, along with being able to use Barrel Bombs at all times. Lance has the counter, the running charge, and the rare ability to jump. Gunlance has shelling and Wyvern's Fire. Hammer just smashes his rocks in until attacks stop bouncing. Exhaust phial Charge Blades can KO like no tomorrow. And all Gunner weapons just tear through Gravios' armor like wet tissue paper.

I realize you already beat him, but if this helps anyone, that'd be great!

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.