Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 5,926

Haru17

I really love the options menu in MH3U. PC games shouldn't be the only ones to have options (looking at you Majora's Mask 3D).

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Ralizah

So, I've done all of the available quests in the first three levels and opened up the second town hub. I've mainly been focusing on upgrading my equipment before I progress further in the game.

It's too bad the game doesn't let you target smaller enemies. The lock-on system for larger monsters is a life-saver.

What's the deal with the women who says she can multiply your items? It makes you choose a wagon of some sort and only lets you choose a few basic items, it seems. Not sure if this is anything worth exploring.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I've been grinding Great Jaggi armor all day today. Obviously it's not great but hey, it beats the free armor you get at the beginning of the game.

Also I upgraded my switchaxe to the Jaggi one yay

Ya I just got done getting the Jaggi armor too. It was the most readily available (except those dang 2 King Frills, blasted drop rates and it wasn't easy breaking his face without killing him first). Went ahead and upgraded the entire set twice for 14 defense (like you said, not great but definitely better than the starter armor). Also managed to upgrade my insect glaive 3 times, and feed it quite a bit of nectar as well.

I prefer to specialize in at least 3 weapon types, so I also managed to upgrade the long sword and hunting horn twice each, so now I have my new weapon of choice (glaive), plus my old faves the hunting horn for blunt damage and long sword for cutting. That was a ton of hunting to get all that done, but I feel better now, like I'm equipped to take on the rest of low rank (or at least until I can craft some Ian armor).

What's your next planned armor set? You gonna upgrade or just keep crafting new sets every x number of monsters?

Ugh, those King Frills. Still haven't gotten them. I gave in and beat the Rank 2 Urgent Quest to break the monotony but I still want to get them.

As for armor, normally I just roll with whatever I feel like is good upgrade from my current armor. A new monster will appear and unlock new armor and I'll just say "Cool, I think I'll work towards getting that" and I do it

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

So, I've done all of the available quests in the first three levels and opened up the second town hub. I've mainly been focusing on upgrading my equipment before I progress further in the game.

It's too bad the game doesn't let you target smaller enemies. The lock-on system for larger monsters is a life-saver.

What's the deal with the women who says she can multiply your items? It makes you choose a wagon of some sort and only lets you choose a few basic items, it seems. Not sure if this is anything worth exploring.

From @Holymackerel's post I gather it's the way you farm in the game. You give her items and resources to get more of those items so you don't have to go get them yourself. Saves a ton of time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

Ralizah wrote:

Calling it multiplication is misleading. They should have just called it the farm, like it was called in Monster Hunter 3.

By the way, the Zamtrios armor is beautiful, it's this sleek ice armor. The female blademaster and gunner versions look cooler than the male versions IMO. It reminds me of Dark Samus, that sleek design, as if the armor had been made from frozen water.

Edited on by Haru17

HolyMackerel

Well the Wycoon (that old trader) uses his trading network to access the previous farms available in Pokke Village (MHFU) and Moga Village (MH3) to create more more herbs and mushrooms. It does exactly what it says on the tin — give a Parashroom and you'll get a bunch more Parashrooms.

Trying to decide what armor set to get next. I have the Tetsucabra gunner set for my HBG but I'm still running the Derring set for my Horn. I don't want another Tetsucabra set, but none of the armor skill sets right now really appeal to me... except Jaggid armor but everyone has that... Armor skills are #1 imo. Defense is whatevs.

Oh man, I'm so happy I can still get my old R.Ludroth and Qurupeco armor in this game, even though those monsters aren't around. The Wycoon is awesome!

Super impressed with MH4U! This is the old MH I know and love.

HolyMackerel

MrGameluvr

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? I have a question regarding regular Quests and Guild Quests (I am rather new to the Monster Hunter series so please be gentle...)

What exactly is the difference between the two? Are Guild Quests aimed more towards multiplayer or single player? I heard that some are time sensitive such as Urgent Quests but how they are more 'timed' than regular quests?

Also, and this is a bit off topic, but where can I find Machalite Ore? I just need 3 pieces of the stuff to upgrade my Elite Blade to Elite Blade+ and yet I can't find any! I'm maxed out on Whetstones, Iron Ore, Aquaglow Jewels, Earth Crystals, etc. I think the game hates me.....

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Haru17

MrGameluvr wrote:

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? I have a question regarding regular Quests and Guild Quests (I am rather new to the Monster Hunter series so please be gentle...)

What exactly is the difference between the two? Are Guild Quests aimed more towards multiplayer or single player? I heard that some are time sensitive such as Urgent Quests but how they are more 'timed' than regular quests?

Also, and this is a bit off topic, but where can I find Machalite Ore? I just need 3 pieces of the stuff to upgrade my Elite Blade to Elite Blade+ and yet I can't find any! I'm maxed out on Whetstones, Iron Ore, Aquaglow Jewels, Earth Crystals, etc. I think the game hates me.....

Machalite is typically found in the blue ore veins in the Ancesteral Steppe and Sunken Hollow.

If you're new then stick to the normal quest board for now, those are linked to the story which can teach you the mechanics. Guild quests are an alternate progression with no narrative, I'd save them for later.

'Urgent' is another misleading term, as they are not time-sensitive at all. It just means that you need to complete that quest to progress the main story or, in the guild quests, increase your hunter rank (which unlocks the next level of guild quests).

stu4488

really stupid question I fear but as im brand new to monster I think its better to ask you lot than spend hours googling answers...

when I go online do I have to do all the boring low rank quests like deliver eggs etc before I can do "proper" missions and if so I cant seem to find rooms with people doing them can I do them on my own instead? the reason I ask is if I can and then I go on low grade hunts and do them on my own it seems to be defeating the idea of online multiplayer.

btw now have my full jaggi armour and am using the insect glaive, long sword and hammer periodically and I can safely say this is my favourite game since kid Icarus uprising and that is before ive even attempted online hunts!! how I haven't given it a go before now is simply baffling to me :0

stu4488

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

I'm afraid I am quite confused about the online multiplayer as well. I can join rooms and see people, but how do I go on quests with them? I appear to have no way to find out what quests they're engaging in...

You need to go right next to the counter you accept quests from and check the board there. It will give you a list of what quests are available and if you select one yours will be there as well. Select the one you want or more importantly the one everyone agrees on and check to see where it is so you can bring the appropriate items for said quest.

Lol, I ninja'd you before you could delete it!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I'm afraid I am quite confused about the online multiplayer as well. I can join rooms and see people, but how do I go on quests with them? I appear to have no way to find out what quests they're engaging in...

You need to go right next to the counter you accept quests from and check the board there. It will give you a list of what quests are available and if you select one yours will be there as well. Select the one you want or more importantly the one everyone agrees on and check to see where it is so you can bring the appropriate items for said quest.

LOL
It's okay. I still needed the answer. I just hate asking noob questions.
Thanks for the patient answers.

Not only am I new to MonHun, I'm also new to online play, for the most part. So... it's different.

Game IS fantastic, so far. I should have listened to you when you told me MH3U was better than the demo made it out to be.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TeeJay

@Spoony_Tech thanks for that answer, I've never played MH online before either so I was kind of lost when I tried once yesterday. Ended up leaving and doing more solo stuff.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

LOL
It's okay. I still needed the answer. I just hate asking noob questions.
Thanks for the patient answers.

Not only am I new to MonHun, I'm also new to online play, for the most part. So... it's different.

Monster Hunter Tri was my first experience with online play back 5 years ago. Best gaming experience of my life. People are usually so nice and willing to help new players online all the time. This is one game where I can Truely say the community comes together as it benefits all. Its not like a me to fps game that's for sure. Lots of fun to be had here as I've put in about 1000 hours into all 3 versions prior to this one.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

@Spoony_Tech thanks for that answer, I've never played MH online before either so I was kind of lost when I tried once yesterday. Ended up leaving and doing more solo stuff.

If I can get online I would be more then willing to help you guys out. My system should be here in no less then 6 hours.

MERG said:

MrGameluvr

Haru17 wrote:

MrGameluvr wrote:

Machalite is typically found in the blue ore veins in the Ancesteral Steppe and Sunken Hollow.

If you're new then stick to the normal quest board for now, those are linked to the story which can teach you the mechanics. Guild quests are an alternate progression with no narrative, I'd save them for later.

'Urgent' is another misleading term, as they are not time-sensitive at all. It just means that you need to complete that quest to progress the main story or, in the guild quests, increase your hunter rank (which unlocks the next level of guild quests).

Thank you so much!

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Iggly

I just hit High Rank on both the Village and Online yesterday, does anyone know some armor that would be good for this rank? I made some High Rank Great Jaggi armor, it's not too good but it'll do for now until I find some new armor. [And I put on some decorations so I can get Negate Stun and Scavenger ]

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Still in Harth here, gonna start dealing with Gendrome and record more hunts later today and see if I can move on to the next village. (...ugh, not looking forward to Nerscylla...lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Undead_terror

Downloading now on my New 3DS, it downloaded the update and 37% of the game in 10 minutes!, gonna be gaming on this a nice bit today so I can catch up with a few so we can play online.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

...Annnnd Nerscylla is up next, lovely...lol. Thought I'd be fighting Congalala or Najarala first or something. Well this is gonna be fun. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

I could finally complete the Jaggi armor set, it should be good for a while.

Now, I'll try to upgrade my hunting horns until I can't.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.