Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 5,926

ZB42

I am stupid. I created another character over my first and had already downloaded the starter item pack. I haven't been able to reacquire it. Am I out of luck until the the future DLC with the super mushrooms comes out?

NNID: Z.Beeblebrox

Joeynator3000

Ugh, stupid Guild Quests...monsters keep killing me here, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Grizzly... that's definitely not endgame equipment, trust me. Wait until you get to G-rank quests - you'll be laughing at Dah'ren Mohran.

TeeJay, you can join any Gathering Hall that's public!

Ah, looks like everyone's doing other stuff right now. Well, back to solo!

Wow, wouldn't that be kind of unbalanced? What if you're far in the game and go online, and then some n00b comes along and gets killed 3 times?

It does happen sometimes, but usually that's not the case because the online quests are starred and ranked, and only hunters who have attained the appropriate HR can join. For example, you can't do 3 star quests until you've cleared the minimum number of 2 star quests and beat the urgent quest (urgent quests are the final quest for a given group of starred quests- beating the urgent grants you increased hunter rank and access to the next level of starred quests).

So some low rank Joe Schmoe isn't going to be able to hunt in a 6 star quest, not til he's cleared 1-5 and by then, he won't be so low rank anymore.

However, there is still some leeway with armor and defense and weapon power, and just because someone has access to 6 star quests doesn't necessarily mean they're properly equipped or skilled enough. I've hunted online on numerous occasions where a particular individual joins the hunt and can't carry their own weight, usually resulting in a triple faint halfway through the quest (and admittedly, there have been times where I bit off more than I could chew and did a little fainting of my own lol). But most people have the decency to leave the lobby when they realize they can't handle their own, and if they don't, you can always boot em if it's your lobby (although I would recommend politely asking them to leave rather than just kicking them out without notice- just tell them to come back when they're a little stronger and they'll usually understand). But again, this community is all about helping noobs, and on more than one occasion I have endured a hunter who wasn't up to snuff in the interest of helping them learn and train.

Ahh, between work and sleeping this post passed under my radar. Good to know you can only join quests of your rank. I may try venturing online then if it means I can do low rank quests with others without fear of being dead weight

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

I've been grinding Great Jaggi armor all day today. Obviously it's not great but hey, it beats the free armor you get at the beginning of the game.

Also I upgraded my switchaxe to the Jaggi one yay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

I finally got enough eshop cards to buy this. But darn, now that I have the money the "second thought"-bug is biting and Majora's Mask suddenly looks more attractive than last week.

Not sure why though, this one is cheaper and comes with a free theme.

That's it. That's the mentality I need. Cheaper. Free theme. Cheaper. Free theme. Cheaper.... <walks away repeating the same thing>

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Man, never had this much trouble with Basarios in Unite, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

I've been grinding Great Jaggi armor all day today. Obviously it's not great but hey, it beats the free armor you get at the beginning of the game.

I happen to like that set and run with it for a while.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I happen to like that set and run with it for a while.

When I say "obviously it's not great" I mean in the sense that ANY armor I get now isn't going to be good, it's the beginning of the game. I'm hoping I can squeak by with this set for a bit once I complete it and upgrade it

Haru17

HolyMackerel wrote:

Yeah, Kecha and Nerscylla are great. They both have great movement patterns and cool designs. I love how Nerscylla gets more spiderlike as you break pieces off it.

...But wait until you see Zamtrios. HOLY...!!!! Don't look the monster up and spoil it for yourself. Just get to it and be excited.

I know, I know, I know! I just fought Zamtrios this morning PST and damn if it didn't prove Monster Hunter had the best combat system in games bar none.

So I was fighting it with a long sword (quite effective) through the icy and fat enrage phases, then it finally fled, limping to another area. I dodge past the thing, plant a large barrel bomb, and step back, looking straight at the Zamtrios. It enters its charge stance and rushes at me, as soon as it starts charging I throw a knife that hits the barrel bomb right as the Zamtrios's head reaches it. Boom, killing blow, quest done.

This game is so hype, guys. This kind of emergent stuff just can't be beat! It's so damn cool! Way better than any game with health bars.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Undead_terror

MorphMarron wrote:

I finally got enough eshop cards to buy this. But darn, now that I have the money the "second thought"-bug is biting and Majora's Mask suddenly looks more attractive than last week.

That's it. That's the mentality I need. Cheaper. Free theme. Cheaper. Free theme. Cheaper.... <walks away repeating the same thing>

How much blocks does it need? probably will get this tomorrow! back to using my hammer.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Undead_terror wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

How much blocks does it need? probably will get this tomorrow! back to using my hammer.

21000 blocks

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Undead_terror

Well I can download and still have a lot of blocks left, guess I might download it, will get the themes free as well so I guess I will try to get it tomorrow...good thing the new 3DS downloads stuff faster.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

Mine is almost done downloading~

Now that I think about it, this is the first completely new MH game I play in quite some time, and now I can't wait to try it.

Bloop.

TeeJay

Haru17 wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Yeah, Kecha and Nerscylla are great. They both have great movement patterns and cool designs. I love how Nerscylla gets more spiderlike as you break pieces off it.

...But wait until you see Zamtrios. HOLY...!!!! Don't look the monster up and spoil it for yourself. Just get to it and be excited.

I know, I know, I know! I just fought Zamtrios this morning PST and damn if it didn't prove Monster Hunter had the best combat system in games bar none.

So I was fighting it with a long sword (quite effective) through the icy and fat enrage phases, then it finally fled, limping to another area. I dodge past the thing, plant a large barrel bomb, and step back, looking straight at the Zamtrios. It enters its charge stance and rushes at me, as soon as it starts charging I throw a knife that hits the barrel bomb right as the Zamtrios's head reaches it. Boom, killing blow, quest done.

This game is so hype, guys. This kind of emergent stuff just can't be beat! It's so damn cool! Way better than any game with health bars.

I agree that there is a certain appeal to watching for signs of weakness, knowing you're getting close to taking it out but not knowing how much.

Haru17

TeeJay wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I agree that there is a certain appeal to watching for signs of weakness, knowing you're getting close to taking it out but not knowing how much.

I like that it makes you watch the animations. It's a much more realistic system than just health bars. That's one of the reasons I liked Dragon Age Inquisition's combat more than the precious DA games. Despite still having health bars, you can see enemies wind up their attacks and dodge out of the way; something you can't do if you only watch the health bars.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

That many blocks with my current speed on my old 3ds would take me over an hour. Not sure how long on my New 3ds as I will have to dl it.

MERG said:

Eel

Ugh finally, it took almost three hours.

Anyway, yaaaay!

Edit: aaawww it looks like they removed the usual voice I always use since Unite in this one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

Ya I just got done getting the Jaggi armor too. It was the most readily available (except those dang 2 King Frills, blasted drop rates and it wasn't easy breaking his face without killing him first). Went ahead and upgraded the entire set twice for 14 defense (like you said, not great but definitely better than the starter armor). Also managed to upgrade my insect glaive 3 times, and feed it quite a bit of nectar as well.

I prefer to specialize in at least 3 weapon types, so I also managed to upgrade the long sword and hunting horn twice each, so now I have my new weapon of choice (glaive), plus my old faves the hunting horn for blunt damage and long sword for cutting. That was a ton of hunting to get all that done, but I feel better now, like I'm equipped to take on the rest of low rank (or at least until I can craft some Ian armor).

What's your next planned armor set? You gonna upgrade or just keep crafting new sets every x number of monsters?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

3DSfan134 wrote:

Do you get to change the control scheme in MH4U? I wanted to ask this because my original 3DS R button doesn't work.

If you have the circle pad pro or a new3DS, you can set zR and zL to mimic the actions of Z and R.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.