3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Sidescroller?

Showing 1 to 16 of 16

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ianmage1

1. Posted:

I already made a thread that talks about the 3D Mario Platformer, but I remember an artical that states that a 2D mario game will appear on the 3DS as well. Here's the artical: http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/11/nintendo_bringing_2d...
Should we expect to see a Mario sidescroller at E3 as well?

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FluttershyGuy

2. Posted:

God, I hope so. I like 3D Mario. But, I grew up on side scrolling, 2D Mario and it'll just always have a place in my heart that nothing else will. I'm wondering the same thing. It's been longer since we saw New Super Mario Bros. Wii than it has Mario Galaxy 2, so I'd sure hope there's more side scrolling Mario on the way. Worries me, because there was a drought of over a DECADE for classic Super Mario Bros. gameplay before New Super Mario Bros. came out on the DS in '06. Don't want to see that again. Hopefully the superb sales for both NSMB games insures we don't.

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ianmage1

3. Posted:

I'd like to see this happen too, but I'm totally fine with the 3D Mario Platformer; in fact, I'd rather have the 3D platformer over the sidescroller.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sylverstone

4. Posted:

I can see it now.... New Super Mario Bros. 3 (or World).

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ianmage1

5. Posted:

Sylverstone wrote:

I can see it now.... New Super Mario Bros. 3 (or World).

NO! Not a remake!D: Anything BUT a remake!

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zach

6. Posted:

Miyamoto said that he couldn't wait to show off the new Super Mario Bros for 3DS, which prob means New Super Mario Bros 3DS. It wouldn't make sense for them not to continue this incredibly successful series on their new incredibly successful system anyhow.

Zach

Twitter: zachkaplan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ianmage1

7. Posted:

I like the way Donkey Kong Country Returns and SSBB mix the 3D environments with sidescrolling.
Untitled
Untitled
This is what I would like to see, rather than the flat environments with 3D characters...
Untitled

Edited on by ianmage1

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SunnySnivy

8. Posted:

I'd love to see a side scroller for the 3DS, but I'm not expecting it anytime soon. I'll be happy with a 3D platformer.

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

9. Posted:

Well, since this upcoming Mario game is definitely a 3D Mario, I hope a 2D one comes out in the future, and it will. Nintendo hasn't let a side-scrolling Mario title die out unless you counted the drought between Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I just hope the next one will break away from the New Super Mario Bros formula.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ianmage1

10. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

I just hope the next one will break away from the New Super Mario Bros formula.

Exactly what I want to see!

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

11. Posted:

supernin10do wrote:

Sylverstone wrote:

I can see it now.... New Super Mario Bros. 3 (or World).

NO! Not a remake!D: Anything BUT a remake!

That's exactly how I feel on the issue. I'm totally and completely looking forward to a long departure from the Super Mario Bros games. I'd like to see a combination of sidescroller and 3D as we've seen in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Perhaps the promised Mario sidescroller game will be unveiled at E3 in June? Nevertheless, it is my hope that Paper Mario 3D gets a release date for this year.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

12. Posted:

supernin10do wrote:

I like the way Donkey Kong Country Returns and SSBB mix the 3D environments with sidescrolling.
Untitled
Untitled
This is what I would like to see, rather than the flat environments with 3D characters...
Untitled

Word up brother. Except more of the Donkey Kong 3D magic and less of the SSBB one please B-)

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ianmage1

13. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

Sylverstone wrote:

I can see it now.... New Super Mario Bros. 3 (or World).

NO! Not a remake!D: Anything BUT a remake!

That's exactly how I feel on the issue. I'm totally and completely looking forward to a long departure from the Super Mario Bros games. I'd like to see a combination of sidescroller and 3D as we've seen in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Perhaps the promised Mario sidescroller game will be unveiled at E3 in June? Nevertheless, it is my hope that Paper Mario 3D gets a release date for this year.

The artical said, "Miyamoto Can't Wait To Show Off Super Mario Bros. 3DS." I just find it odd that we're hearing so much about the 3D platformer and nothing at all about the sidescroller...

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ianmage1

14. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

I like the way Donkey Kong Country Returns and SSBB mix the 3D environments with sidescrolling.
Untitled
Untitled
This is what I would like to see, rather than the flat environments with 3D characters...
Untitled

Word up brother. Except more of the Donkey Kong 3D magic and less of the SSBB one please B-)

Yeah, SSBB doesn't do this nearly as well as Donkey Kong :D I was just using it as an example.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

15. Posted:

If this is at e3, it probably won't be out 'till next year since theres aleready a 3D Mario platformer coming out for the 3DS this year as well as a many other first party 3DS games. I hope they do show it at e3 though.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Supermarioman

16. Posted:

I'd say that it'll be similar to the Wii, where one comes 6 months before the other. However I think it is best that the 3D one be the first to come out in order to better demonstrate what the 3DS can do, aka make the money printer work even harder. But whatever comes out I'm sure that I'll love. I'm still waiting for something to convince me to buy a 3DS right now, as it is great, but I can't save money and if its only just for the system itself its very hard to convince myself to buy it, especially with other great things I need to buy.

Supermarioman