3DS Forum

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Showing 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,280

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,221. Posted:

Well I just beat it:

That last mansion, with secret mines coming at a close second, is definitely my favorite mansion in the game. I really liked all the variety found in each room. For some reason, I just loved the nautical and space rooms, they were really neat. :3

The Big Boo boss was so creative! It was a nice nod to the original game's Boolossus battle, albeit much less frustrating (not complaining there). I thought the circussy music fit the Boo's perfectly- as I think they've been associated with that before via Super Mario 64 and the Strikers games. Overall, probably my favorite non-final boss of the game.

I really enjoyed the final battle with King Boo, particularly the running sequences. As epic as the original's? Possibly.

Anyone else slightly disappointed they went with the whole Mario-captured storyline again?
It just seems so thrown in, as that wasn't even Luigi's motive the whole game up until the very end. It all felt a little unnecessary to me.

I loved the ending though, especially with Luigi getting a ghost puppy :D

Pretty great game~

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,222. Posted:

Well, I finished the game...Dunno if I'll go online at some point but I'm gonna spend some time with that Scarescraper for a bit. (might go online for some of the harder parts, but gonna stick with "Normal" for now. xD)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,223. Posted:

I still like decapitating bowser with spike balls.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,224. Posted:

I still like the first game's final boss better. Nothing like fighting King Boo in a giant Bowser robot on top of the mansion surrounded by hellish flames.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,225. Posted:

I have the feeling this is the kind of game you get very excited about for like a month, and then just forget about...I guess in part it's because once you beat the game, there isn't much to talk about.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,226. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

I have the feeling this is the kind of game you get very excited about for like a month, and then just forget about...I guess in part it's because once you beat the game, there isn't much to talk about.

Isn't that the case with... most games? The hype for a new non multiplayer game in general only lasts a few months or so too, just see what happened with Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,227. Posted:

What's everyone's favorite mansion?

Mine is Haunted Towers, followed by Treacherous Mansion and Secret Mine. Haunted Towers is quite a big mansion, or at least tall. I also like the jungle atmosphere and the few odds-and-ends rooms like the Rumpus Room with the dolls and jack-in-the-boxes and the Conservatory with the organ.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,228. Posted:

Treacherous Mansion. Loved the style, loved the music, loved the neat cut scenes played in each mission and I thought the Tough Possessor battle (the one with the suits of armour/knights) was awesome. Not to mention the clever puzzles that had you take items through portals, that was some of the best level design in the game.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Mauhiho

1,229. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Treacherous Mansion. Loved the style, loved the music, loved the neat cut scenes played in each mission and I thought the Tough Possessor battle (the one with the suits of armour/knights) was awesome. Not to mention the clever puzzles that had you take items through portals, that was some of the best level design in the game.

I just started this mansion. If the boss is any tougher than the previous one I think I might put this game away for awhile. God the 4th boss was annoying and frustrating..

Currently playing -

Pokémon Emerald Kirby's Adventure Wii The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Nintendo Network ID: Mauz64

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,230. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Isn't that the case with... most games? The hype for a new non multiplayer game in general only lasts a few months or so too, just see what happened with Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

I could talk about Pikmin 2 and Super Mario Sunshine all day, to name two. The unique thing about Luigi's Mansion is it's a very good game. Super Mario Land 3D and Super Mario Bros. 2 weren't all that great imo, so I don't really want to talk about them.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,231. Posted:

Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,232. Posted:

Dev wrote:

Untitled

I want to do a painting in Colors!3D picturing that.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,233. Posted:

Treacherous Mansion was definitely my favorite, followed by Secret Mine.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,234. Posted:

this was already on page 3. Inexcusable.

ALSO OMG I COULD GET ANOTHER NEW GAME THIS YEAR, THANK GOD. I have enough money to get games again. Might not play it today but great to finally have this game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Mr_Vengeance

1,235. Posted:

I beat this wonderful little game today myself too. Just decided yesterday to pick it up again and finish it off, having played through the first three mansions in the weeks following release; I put it away for a bit though.

Some of the levels in the title were really, really good. Top drawer design. There was an air of tension in it too, possibly as a result of the lack of checkpoints (not that I ever "died" in the game all that much though). There was little frustration in it either, which is welcome as I do not have the patience for games which are poorly designed or spike in difficulty for no reason.

The visuals, controls, atmosphere and music were all excellent in this game. I really enjoyed the combat, though the "dodge" on the B button wasn't as well implemented as it could of been possibly.... My main gripe with it is the meaningless RPG element - there was no real point in putting the upgrade mechanic in there as it didn't really do much. Really, who got excited when they upgraded the strobe light?? This part of the game could have been better thought out in my view.

All in all though, a superb little adventure. I'm going to get back to it again soon to find more of the boos and gems, and maybe give the online multiplayer mode another go; thought it was okay before, but nothing special.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

1,236. Posted:

This is turning out to be one of my favourite games on the 3DS. Wonder if they will bring a version or new one for the Wii U.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,237. Posted:

Luigi is so entertaining.

Gonna take a while to get used to these controls, I lost half my health to early enemies...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

1,238. Posted:

this game showed me the only negative about the 3ds xl: my thumb kept slipping off the circle pad. it needs some texture to stop that.

luigi's mansion 2 is incredibly fun!

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

1,239. Posted:

SPOILER

So since Luigi kept the Polterpup at the end (which I think was really cool) do you think we will see the pup in the future in some way? I hope so. Maybe like, at least a Mario Kart cameo or something. Preferably with Luigi in some case since I've really come to enjoy his character (and the pup's for that matter)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,240. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

SPOILER

So since Luigi kept the Polterpup at the end (which I think was really cool) do you think we will see the pup in the future in some way? I hope so. Maybe like, at least a Mario Kart cameo or something. Preferably with Luigi in some case since I've really come to enjoy his character (and the pup's for that matter)

It should appear in a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon track for Mario Kart U.

Miiverse