Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,287

MasterWario

CM30 wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

I have the feeling this is the kind of game you get very excited about for like a month, and then just forget about...I guess in part it's because once you beat the game, there isn't much to talk about.

Isn't that the case with... most games? The hype for a new non multiplayer game in general only lasts a few months or so too, just see what happened with Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

I could talk about Pikmin 2 and Super Mario Sunshine all day, to name two. The unique thing about Luigi's Mansion is it's a very good game. Super Mario Land 3D and Super Mario Bros. 2 weren't all that great imo, so I don't really want to talk about them.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Dev

Untitled

Formely NintyFan.
Nintendo Switch username: devcat
Miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

emaan

Treacherous Mansion was definitely my favorite, followed by Secret Mine.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

kkslider5552000

this was already on page 3. Inexcusable.

ALSO OMG I COULD GET ANOTHER NEW GAME THIS YEAR, THANK GOD. I have enough money to get games again. Might not play it today but great to finally have this game.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Mr_Vengeance

I beat this wonderful little game today myself too. Just decided yesterday to pick it up again and finish it off, having played through the first three mansions in the weeks following release; I put it away for a bit though.

Some of the levels in the title were really, really good. Top drawer design. There was an air of tension in it too, possibly as a result of the lack of checkpoints (not that I ever "died" in the game all that much though). There was little frustration in it either, which is welcome as I do not have the patience for games which are poorly designed or spike in difficulty for no reason.

The visuals, controls, atmosphere and music were all excellent in this game. I really enjoyed the combat, though the "dodge" on the B button wasn't as well implemented as it could of been possibly.... My main gripe with it is the meaningless RPG element - there was no real point in putting the upgrade mechanic in there as it didn't really do much. Really, who got excited when they upgraded the strobe light?? This part of the game could have been better thought out in my view.

All in all though, a superb little adventure. I'm going to get back to it again soon to find more of the boos and gems, and maybe give the online multiplayer mode another go; thought it was okay before, but nothing special.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

SuperJoon

This is turning out to be one of my favourite games on the 3DS. Wonder if they will bring a version or new one for the Wii U.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Luigi is so entertaining.

Gonna take a while to get used to these controls, I lost half my health to early enemies...

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

k8sMum

this game showed me the only negative about the 3ds xl: my thumb kept slipping off the circle pad. it needs some texture to stop that.

luigi's mansion 2 is incredibly fun!

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

Whopper744

SPOILER

So since Luigi kept the Polterpup at the end (which I think was really cool) do you think we will see the pup in the future in some way? I hope so. Maybe like, at least a Mario Kart cameo or something. Preferably with Luigi in some case since I've really come to enjoy his character (and the pup's for that matter)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Dev

Joshers744 wrote:

SPOILER

So since Luigi kept the Polterpup at the end (which I think was really cool) do you think we will see the pup in the future in some way? I hope so. Maybe like, at least a Mario Kart cameo or something. Preferably with Luigi in some case since I've really come to enjoy his character (and the pup's for that matter)

It should appear in a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon track for Mario Kart U.

Formely NintyFan.
Nintendo Switch username: devcat
Miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

Whopper744

Dev wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

SPOILER

It should appear in a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon track for Mario Kart U.

Thanks what I'm guessing. I'm just hoping in the future they may sort of hint at Luigi still having that dog or something.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

Whopper744

Speaking of Mario Kart, I'd like to see E. Gadd playable. I mean, why not with all the other randoms they have put in some past games.

MINOR SPOILER

So I think one of my favorite scenes from this game is were Luigi is putting his hand through one of the portals in the Secret Mine, and waving at himself from across the room saying "hello! Hello!"
I can't think of a game that has given a character like Luigi so much character that just really makes me smile at times. All the characters I seemed to enjoy. Bravo Nintendo.

Whopper744

wow...no updates since me 5 days ago.

Well, I wanted to ask, who wants to add me to play some online Scarescrapper? I haven't been able to find anyone yet, and I'd like to beat the 25 levels of hunter...to try to avoid a spoiler, I'll just say you unlock a little something I hear. Plus, I'd just like to play for the fun of it.
My friend code is in my sig. Please respond if you want to add me, and we will try to set a good time to get together (swapnote can be used for this after the add of course).

Whopper744

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Joshers
I'm still playing the game so is be happy to go through the Scarescraper with you. My schedule is a tad busy this week, but I'm sure we could find a time.

Cool! I'll add you after work today. I'm available most evenings after about 6:30 Eastern Time. (just not Wednesdays or Sundays then unless it's like 9:30)

Whopper744

Well, I've tried a couple nights in a row now and sadly no one has soon up for my mulitplayer matches as I sit in the create a room screen singing 'All by MY seeeellf".
I know how busy life can be though!

Who wants to add me to play some Scarescrapper? I'm available most Weekday evenings (including this evening) after about 6:30 Eastern time, and sometimes on Saturdays at random times.

Spoony_Tech

I really we wish we could play Josh. We are missing each other by about an hour on time. I figured you worked early so don't really want to stay up too late. I've got 3 kids and don't like to play online games till everyone is asleep!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Quick question guys. I went to my local Target and they were sold out of DKCR3D so I was looking into buying this game instead. I have never played the first one before so I want to make sure I am not missing anything before I get this one. SO do I have to play the first one in order to understand whats going on in this one, or can I just pick up this one and enjoy it as much without playing the first one?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic