Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,215

RR529

Fans of the game might want to check out the newest episode of Cool Bits, on YouTube.

They discuss easter eggs related to the original game, DKCR, Super Mario Strikers: Charged, Poltergeist (movie), and more.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MetalMario

I just finished the game yesterday, and it was awesome. I want a Polterpup.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Auracle

I've fully cleared all five mansions. I even earned another medal next to my name. However, I still have a lot of Scarescraper ghosts to catch.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

DreamyViridi

Bah, I still need to find the gems I missed in the last two mansions. I might have to use a guide for those even though I'll probably be slapping myself saying "I could've found that myself!"

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

zoroarkrules25

I only have a full gem collection in the first and last mansion.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

RevolverLink

How is the Scarescraper, everybody? I'm working on completing the single player first before I try my hand at the multi (which, hopefully, I won't be awful at).

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

MasterWario

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Bah, I still need to find the gems I missed in the last two mansions. I might have to use a guide for those even though I'll probably be slapping myself saying "I could've found that myself!"

Did you find the teardrop gem in the first mansion without a guide? It was a cool idea, but it's really annoying you can only get it in that one mission. That's the only one I've used a guide for so far, and I have like 7 gems left.

Like Happy_Mask said, Treacherous Mansion was fantastic; the rooms were great and the bosses were great (I was so glad the finale had two parts, it made it so much more a great finale).

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

DreamyViridi

@MasterWario - Sadly, no, I didn't. Though I got it during the 'bonus' level. As of right now I have 8 gems to find, 4 each in the last two mansions. I love Treacherous Mansion as well. Right after I saw the cutscene of Luigi unlocking the door (after getting the key back), I knew I was gonna enjoy every bit of it. I normally hate jump scares but the ones in this game are tame and so I loved them! ^^

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

Yay, I finally collected all the gems (I only used a guide for one of them)! Although, the Football Gem in Treacherous Mansion was an absolute pain to find (I looked everywhere else first ) and the Mushroom Gem in Secret Mine was just annoying. That being said, most of the gems were a blast to find; I can't wait to forget where they are so I can find them again!

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Undead_terror

MasterWario wrote:

Yay, I finally collected all the gems (I only used a guide for one of them)! Although, the Football Gem in Treacherous Mansion was an absolute pain to find (I looked everywhere else first ) and the Mushroom Gem in Secret Mine was just annoying. That being said, most of the gems were a blast to find; I can't wait to forget where they are so I can find them again!

You still need to add me on the 3ds.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MasterWario

Ha ha ha, ok sure; generally I haven't been adding people until I actually play something online with them.

My Pushmo Levels

MasterWario

Ok, perhaps a post on the other thread would give people some time to decide whether they would like to join. It seemed Emaan wanted to beat 25 floors, I'm not sure if he actually accomplished that yet.

As for me, I really have no idea what I'll be doing later tomorrow (if anything); it's Friday, stuff usually happens. I'll probably be on the website regardless, so we shall see.

My Pushmo Levels

DreamyViridi

I loved the Boo dialogue. So when I saw this, I just smiled.

Mario Maker Levels

e-love

MasterWario wrote:

It seemed Emaan wanted to beat 25 floors, I'm not sure if he actually accomplished that yet.

Yeah..I still haven't

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

MasterWario

True_Hero wrote:

I've fully cleared all five mansions. I even earned another medal next to my name. However, I still have a lot of Scarescraper ghosts to catch.

Did you three-star everything? I've beaten all levels and collected all gems, but I don't have another medal.

My Pushmo Levels

CM30

Yeah, the Boo dialogue in this game is fantastic. Personally though, I have to say the ScareScraper/Thril Tower vault descriptions are nearly as good:

Rumor has it that this Greenie comes from the middle ages, where he was a knight searching for a kidnapped princess. Sadly, wherever he went, she always seemed to be in another castle.

Also, to the person who asked, you get another medal by getting 3 stars on all missions, and a third by capturing all the ScareScraper/Thrill Tower specific boss ghosts. I've personally got only a few missions to go until the former and have long since managed the latter.

Oh, and because I was a tad bored, I kind of wrote down every single change between the European and US version of this game:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/luigis-mansion-l...

Not sure if its interesting to anyone, but it took a while to write down.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

I do find the differences between game regions interesting. Thanks @CM30.
I really like this Boo quote compared to the US one.
"I’m Boouncer! You think you can be in here? Naw, mate. Not with those shoes. Now, Clear Off!"

Mario Maker Levels

CM30

Yeah, I find them interesting as well.

In other news, I've now got three E Gadd medals on the file select screen, marking the game 100% complete. That means King Boo has been beaten, I have 3 stars on all levels and I've filled the vault entirely (including all ScareScraper boss ghosts). Here's a picture:

Untitled

Last mission I beat 100% was the Scornful/Shrewd Possessor. God I hafe that boss.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Dan-Jo-Dan

What are the graphics like on the 3DS XL, Are they jaggy like they were in Mario 3D Land?

Dan-Jo-Dan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.