Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,590

Whopper744

Pogocoop wrote:

Heehee, I just managed 15 Kills in a free for all match, using my magnificent Pandora's claws, thats a new personal best -

In all fairness, the other players were pretty easy to shred, they hardly put up a fight, but still, I'm proud of myself :3

Ha. Wish I could find those kind of people when i play !....except I did find one person not moving the other day....and yeah, I took advantage of it.
Also would be nice if I had anyone on my friends list (that consist of three people) to play with instead of random people I will never hear from again.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Spoony_Tech

I usually play late at night. Somewhere around 11:00 est. I had a room of five Nintendo lifers on last night. If you're up that late and want to add me let me know. We almost had 6 but he joined after two people left! Would be nice to have a 6 group of lifers.

Yesterday was my first time online and it was crazy. Not until I got a weapon I could use well did my game pick up. Problem was even if I got better weapons it seemed I was only good with one!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Whopper744

Tech101 wrote:

I usually play late at night. Somewhere around 11:00 est. I had a room of five Nintendo lifers on last night. If you're up that late and want to add me let me know. We almost had 6 but he joined after two people left! Would be nice to have a 6 group of lifers.

Yesterday was my first time online and it was crazy. Not until I got a weapon I could use well did my game pick up. Problem was even if I got better weapons it seemed I was only good with one!

I may try to jump in with you all. Sounds like I could maybe at least learn some tricks if not actually stand a chance at winning a little.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

Joeynator3000

@Pixel: x_X
Well this is gonna be a pain, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

Metabble_King wrote:

TL;DR: Kid Icarus is now my favorite 3DS game, and will probably remain so for a very long time.

I'd agree, but Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3D and Paper Mario are tough competition.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

Joshers744 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

I may try to jump in with you all. Sounds like I could maybe at least learn some tricks if not actually stand a chance at winning a little.

Give me your code and jump in if there is a spot open. Last night I noticed about 12 of my friends were playing this game. Sadly I have over 90 on my list and about a third have this game!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Whopper744

Tech101 wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

I understand that! I have gotten pretty comfterble with a couple of the bows, but haven't been doing all that good.
Would love to jump in. I don't get off work for a while, so I will try to get back to you on my code. You would be the first one I've added that I don't actually know in person, but the 3 I have never play anything (one being my wife... )

Give me your code and jump in if there is a spot open. Last night I noticed about 12 of my friends were playing this game. Sadly I have over 90 on my list and about a third have this game!

Pogocoop

Tech101 wrote:

How can you tell how many kills you have in one match?

Their is a kill count on the bottom screen underneath the time. Just take note of that once the round is over.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

RetroGBHippie92

Oh guys, just though I'd let Aussie/NZ gamers out there know that Kid Icarus: Uprising arrives today for us PAL gamers, plus don't forget about your long dormant Club nintendo account! There are now the Kid Icarus: Uprising AR cards available on our Club nintendo, 10 random cards for 200 stars, which I think is a better deal than what Europe or America is getting, despite getting 2 less cards, it actually works out better. I have just ordered 13 packs of AR cards with my Club nintendo account and I already plan on getting to 2 more from purchasing KI:U and doing a survey on club nintendo, which is basically the same as 'intend to buy' except that over here we have to get the game first, confusing eh? Yeah anyway 13 packs to me sounds a lot to me, I don't know how many cards you guys have ordered but by the time they arrive (which takes 4 weeks) I may have something like 167 cards altogether.

By the way, for those that don't know, apparently Nintendo says that most of the AR cards will be obtainable through special events, promotions and magazines. While I think that is such as bogus way of distributing the cards, at least I can get cards off Club Nintendo, that way those who can't attend events or promotions (lucky americans!! ) like myself, can still obtain them, although I guess us NZers will miss out sorely on those rare unobtainable AR cards.
Speaking of events and promotions, they almost never happen here, which still to this day bugs the hell out of me, oh well Nintendo doesn't really care much about either Australia or New Zealand anyway.
Can't wait to pick the game today, been hearing mixed reviews but most have generally been amazing reviews. Famitsu rated Kid Icarus:Uprising 40/40 a few weeks ago and I was blown away, since most of the time I hear that's a pretty rare score for them to give, if i'm not mistaken. Most other sites like kotaku and gonintendo have been very positive, but I was taken aback by Ign's lame 8.5 score, as they often score nintendo games down more than other platforms, which IMO is rather biased.
Lastly, to those that don't know, if you pick up the KI:U Prima guide, you get 3 free AR cards, one being noted is Dark Pit (flying), the other two I believe are random, though I'm not sure. Nintendo Power apparently will come with AR cards, but I'm unsure about it's AU/NZ counterpart, Official Nintendo Magazine, even getting any cards whatsoever, as Nintendo of Australia have not been willing to comment. Game Informer will also give away AR cards in it's april 2012 issue, so those Card hunters, just be aware of that too.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

LittleKing

Just discovered that the kill counter for one match cannot exceed 99. Once you hit 99 kills, all further pwnage still counts towards your score, but you won't know exactly how many kills you got.

I tried out a whole bunch of new powers today. The Eggplant Attack power is hilarious, especially with AoE attacks. Spite seems really weak at level 1 unless you have pretty high health, but the higher level ones deal enough damage to take out an assailant with you before you die. Heavenly Light really shuts down Claw and Arm users, and any other sloppy close-medium range attackers. Found that high level Playing Dead skills are useful; while almost no one falls for the fake death, since they can see if you died on the bottom screen, it grants you temporary invincibility as well as invisibility, making it easy to land a melee combo or charged shot. I got a level 4 Explosive Flame power, and noticed that it increases in strength per level rather than how many uses you get, so it might be pretty deadly. I also got Temporary Invincibility, or whatever it's called, from a Single Player mission. It works kind of like a Power Up drop. It's getting harder and harder to decide what skills to take with me!

Has anyone gotten anything above level 4, or is that the maximum for powers? I used to think it was level 3, but then I got a few level 4 powers, so maybe level 5 ones exist?

LittleKing

e-love

Just beat chapter 5 last night, Pandora was funny

Dark Pit!

How's everyone else doing?

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Shadowflash

My copy of KI:U should come in two days. Can't wait !

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

EvilRegal

Um, am I a horrible human being if I agree with, oh, roughly 99.999% of what Viridi says? After all, humans pave paradise and put up parking lots (among other atrocities). I'd join Viridi, but Lady Palutena's way hotter.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Spoony_Tech

I'm still savoring this game. For some reason I refuse to start chapter 6. I've been replaying the first five like mad.

MERG said:

RetroGBHippie92

I have yet to even play it yet, i'm picking mine up after lunch today, since it gets released today here in NZ. Anyone get AR cards as their Preorder bonus? My preorder comes with the included 6 cards, plus I get 5 random AR cards as preorder bonus and 3 more AR cards from the KId Icarus:Uprising Prima guide. Of course I don't really like using walkthorughs, but it may be useful when trying to track down itemes when it comes to raising the intensity on levels to get rare weapons or items.
So How many cards have people ordered off Club Nintendo? As I Said before, i've ordered 13 packs of 10 random AR cards and I plan to order two more packs after that once I have Kid Icarus:Uprising and completed a survey on our Club Nintendo. I'm hoping EB games will stock AR Cards, does anyone know whether they're gonna be any available a retail?? so far nothing over here, EB Games doesn't even have a clue and the local Comic Book shop we have only sells pokemon cards and they don't stock anything that's really video game related, well except for pokemon/zelda manga etc

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

xAlias

I got my Nintendo Power Cards and my Club Nintendo cards today. Still haven't gotten the game, though.

Great Reaper
Medusa (Battle)
Poseidon
Drill Arm
Thanatos
Palutena (Rare)

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

The_Rocketman

pixelman wrote:

I had a 6 match winning streak (FFA) yesterday. Used a First Blade with 5 star range, stayed out of the crowds, and just charge shotted people who only had about half their HP. That was really effective... I almost hit 10 KO's using that strategy in one match.

I just switched to a mid-level Violet Palm, and I love it. The homing really helps deal continuous damage. I've only played one match with it, but I think I managed to hit 2000 points.

@Joshers Yeah, I don't really like the items at all. They usually just create incontrollable chaos and louse up the framerate. >:[

Also, some of the clubs' charge shots are insanely powerful. I've almost got one-shotted at full health by one before.

The clubs´ charged attack IS OP.
Anyways, i love using my Reaper palm and the Moonlight Palm. Its front charged attack is powerfull.

Edited on by The_Rocketman

"Go home. Hades, just go home."
-Pit
3DS FC: 1161-0195-0840
Now playing: Kid Icarus Uprising

Whopper744

The_Rocketman wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I had a 6 match winning streak (FFA) yesterday. Used a First Blade with 5 star range, stayed out of the crowds, and just charge shotted people who only had about half their HP. That was really effective... I almost hit 10 KO's using that strategy in one match.

I just switched to a mid-level Violet Palm, and I love it. The homing really helps deal continuous damage. I've only played one match with it, but I think I managed to hit 2000 points.

@Joshers Yeah, I don't really like the items at all. They usually just create incontrollable chaos and louse up the framerate. >:[

Also, some of the clubs' charge shots are insanely powerful. I've almost got one-shotted at full health by one before.

The clubs´ charged attack IS OP.
Anyways, i love using my Reaper palm and the Moonlight Palm. Its front charged attack is powerfull.

Yeah, if I had a one hit kill club with super sonic speed I could kill me easily too!
I prefer the bows right now, but I'm trying to learn the blades a little better.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic