Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,590

Joeynator3000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Eureka wrote:

Anyways what's with those cupcake things? I defeated some but nothing really happens, they seem special since they flee pretty quickly. (or are hard to hit)

They just give you a crap ton of hearts.

Oh, thought they were like, some special enemy that unlocks something or whatever. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GuardianKing

@Fluttershyguy You're right; I also agree with her. It's no secret that we're terrible creatures. Most of what she's saying is overused in many series though (or have I just been into really sick and twisted media). After playing this, I realize E rated games aren't all sunshine and rainbows.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Snagrio

Joshers744 wrote:

The_Rocketman wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I had a 6 match winning streak (FFA) yesterday. Used a First Blade with 5 star range, stayed out of the crowds, and just charge shotted people who only had about half their HP. That was really effective... I almost hit 10 KO's using that strategy in one match.

I just switched to a mid-level Violet Palm, and I love it. The homing really helps deal continuous damage. I've only played one match with it, but I think I managed to hit 2000 points.

@Joshers Yeah, I don't really like the items at all. They usually just create incontrollable chaos and louse up the framerate. >:[

Also, some of the clubs' charge shots are insanely powerful. I've almost got one-shotted at full health by one before.

The clubs´ charged attack IS OP.
Anyways, i love using my Reaper palm and the Moonlight Palm. Its front charged attack is powerfull.

Yeah, if I had a one hit kill club with super sonic speed I could kill me easily too!
I prefer the bows right now, but I'm trying to learn the blades a little better.

I'm having a ridiculous amount of trouble trying to find a weapon to stick with. Especially since I accidentally got rid of my best ones when I downsized the inventory... I miss my Viper Blade.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

RetroGBHippie92

Damn it. Guess what? None of the EB games here in NZ are stocking the Prima Guide. Does anyone know where you can buy it from.... cheap? they usually sell guides here for $40 NZD and you usually get 20% of that when you purchase it with the game. But unfortunately for me, EB games said they're not interested in selling it to me, along with those of three AR Cards that were supposed to come with it. Oh well at least i'm getting my CN cards i've ordered and i'm happy that I was one of the first to get em off CN (BTW i'm talking about the Aussie club nintendo, which believe me needs to be severely updated). Nintendo of Europe has way better stuff than us, we have only three good things worth swapping our hard earned stars for and they are: Game & Watch Collection, Game & Watch Collection 2 and Kid Icarus:Uprising. I've already purchased all three, especially more of the latter, plus I also got that free LOZ:OOT 3D soundtrack most people got for purchasing OOT early. Everything else is bogus, which is why i've spent all but 100 stars on these cool AR cards for my game i'm purchasing today.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

DeadAntelopesGo

Im a big fan of the bows.
I have a Hawkeye Bow with 273 value and Charge shot bonuses +2 for front, side, and back.
Its a pretty nifty sniping weapon.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

PokeTune

Quick question,Is there a way to have the reticle fixed in the center of the screen and aim with the buttons?(similar to console tps such as Gears of War or the third person mode in Halo? Also, how is aiming with the buttons?I hope it`s at least comfortable...

Edited on by PokeTune

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

Radixxs

I found a 200+ Ninja Palm, and it is a dream. Stats include +4 walking speed. I move around the screen effortlessly in land battles and dodging is smooth. Great weapon.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Shadowflash

IAmNotWill wrote:

I want my CN AR cards! >_>

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

So guys what is this chapter 5 all about OH GOD WHAT MY BRAIN AHHH.

This art design reminded me of a certain 1993 polygon game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomoo

I am LOVING my super-cheap silver bow. 310 value. A forward charge shot wil get rid of over half of the opponents health at medium range, it has insane homing capabilites, and is just brutally unfair to use. I love it.
EDIT: Some N-lifers can attest to it's power. I played in a room with a few the other day and scored over 2600 points in a light vs. dark match.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

shinesprite

Ok, so now I've played through the first two chapters and amassed a whopping four weapons, I can really see why people don't like the controls.

Being a Leftie, using the stylus in the wrong hand just feels awkward. To accommodate this, perhaps they could've included some sort of finger stylus (like a rubberized thimble with a stylus tip). Besides Circle Pad Pro camera control (as mentioned in NL's review), it would've been nice if they had added a gyroscopic aiming option for when you switch to first-person view (ala OOT 3D).

Other than that, I'd have to say that it seems like very extensive, fun game. . . . and I can see how the solo campaign may become quite challenging, quite quickly.

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

TysonOfTime

Hey, I just came to brag about my 297 value Jetstream Orbitars..
Haven't used anything else since I got them.

Also, since I've been replaying the levels like mad, SPOILER? I just beat chapter 11. And all I have to say is wow. Just wow. I didn't see that coming. It also depressed me how she just wiped out a whole, as Pit put it, nations worth of people.
Gonna have to let that settle.

I'm just not used to instantaneous genocide in my E10+ games.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Ecto-1

This may be a really dumb question, but I haven't really heard this mentioned any where: how many multi-player maps are there?

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

The_Rocketman

@Ecto-1 I think there are 5 or 6, but i am not sure.

Currently my favorite weapon are my Fairy Orbitars. It was so much fun annoying a staff user during an online Dark vs. Light match. Good to know these orbitars won´t be telling me what to do in an annoying voice...

"Go home. Hades, just go home."
-Pit
3DS FC: 1161-0195-0840
Now playing: Kid Icarus Uprising

Ecto-1

Thanks! I will, with any luck, be picking up a used copy of this tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

LittleKing

I just got a level 4 Trade Off power from beating mission 12. It sacrifices most of your health, but raises all attributes. It seems that level 4 grants the biggest boost, more than doubling damage and defense. Just slapped together a set with Energy Charge level 1 (~75% more damage until hit), Trade Off level 4, Brief Invincibility level 1 (invulnerable for around 5 seconds) and Health Recovery level 1. After activating Energy Charge and Trade Off, I do around four times more damage! At least, against the Monoeye in the testing area. Then, I recover my health back to around 40-50% while invincible. Opens up some nice strategies. Now my Predator Cannon does 500+ damage per hit, instantly killing the testing ground Monoeye, and weak weapons suddenly become power houses.

LittleKing

GuardianKing

@TysonQ7 I know right?! The ending of Chapter 9 came as a surprise, but I got over it. I clicked on Chapter 10 and said: how bad could it be? Then, **name censored to avoid spoilers** talks about reviving a girl's dead parents he murdered, only for Pit to find out there is **scene censored to avoid spoilers**. Then , **name censored to avoid spoilers** calls out to the humans that the **name of beast censored to avoid spoilers** was defeated and **object censored to avoid spoilers** could be theirs. Chapter 11 starts with Pit flying over legions and legions of humans fighting violently over **object censored to avoid spoilers**. But then, a bomb falls from the sky and results in massive genocide and WOW!!! I closed my 3DS, took a look at the box and its rating.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic