Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,517

GamecubeMan

Who cares? Fun Fact: Nintendo is a family friendly company. Also, that pokemon jab was pretty lame to say the least.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

jump

On one hand cut content is never good and on the other hand the face rubbing amie thing was weird.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

This is a compilation of English language game footage from the new website.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Smash_kirby

They need to put out a demo for this game like they put out for Awakening, the game looks amazing.

Smash_kirby

Sticker

GamecubeMan wrote:

Who cares? Fun Fact: Nintendo is a family friendly company. Also, that pokemon jab was pretty lame to say the least.

"Family friendly company"
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
But seriously, if the Europe & America of Fates is getting censored, shouldn't the Japan have it too?
I just dislike it when certain people can't have the full experience when others can.

Edited on by Sticker

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

VelvetElvis

Wait a minute, now, @TingLz — we can't say "vagina"? I think that's a bit silly.

VelvetElvis

LzWinky

What's even sillier is censoring posts about censorship

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tyranexx

Smash_kirby wrote:

They need to put out a demo for this game like they put out for Awakening, the game looks amazing.

I would fully support this happening.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

thatguyEZ

Not sure if this has been posted here already or not (went back a few pages and didn't see it), but here is Sakurai on the petting feature that was cut from the western version:

https://archive.is/k05zF#selection-387.167-387.205

Can't agree with him more, this feature should never have been cut from the game. People who didn't like it could have passed on it during gameplay, while those that do could use it. While its not a massive cut, I'm really not cool with paying the same price for an inferior product so I'll either import to still support the devs or just buy used. In the meantime thank I suppose another run through Disgaea 5 or Stella Glow is in order.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

Konda

I could need help to decide which version to get. Bcuz I'm not sure if I will buy both games. I do like challenge, so the Conquest path do appeal to me, the characters from Nohr also appeal to me more than from Birthright.
It's said Conquqst shall be harder, will the Conquest path also include the casual way of playing like the Birthright, or will you then just have the classic way? I'm afraid if only the classic way it might be too hard for me as I struggle with lunatic classic on Awakening. Would atleast like to have the choise of both. If only Birthright offers both, I might have to end up with that version.
Anyone knows?

Edited on by Konda

Konda

Grumblevolcano

@Konda: Classic, casual and phoenix are in all 3 paths (remember that all the versions start as 1 game and then branch out).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

While I'm not too fussed about the removal of the character bonding mini-game myself (probably wouldn't have used it), I find myself sympathetic towards the camp that's upset with it's removal.

As far as I'm aware, while maybe a bit odd to some, there is nothing inherently inappropriate or risque about the transactions (touching the face of your spouse or even other close loved ones isn't something uncommon, and certainly not sexual, and that's the feeling I believe the game's creators were trying to emulate), so I really don't see what would have been so scandalous to leave it in.

It was an (optional) alternate way to build affinity between your characters, and had it been included, those who didn't want it could ignore it without it having any effect on their game, while those who did want it could use it (win-win). Now that it's not included, while those who don't want to use it can still play the game as they wanted, those who did want it now are unable to (win-lose). I think I would have gone with the win-win option myself.

Still going to get the game, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KO-Cub

@thatguyEZ: "Not sure if this has been posted here already." I'll tell you why, you're using the optional argument. It doesn't work anymore. High rarity items and weaponry are obtained through face touching. You're going to be forced to do this on the harder difficulties. It also implies that if I ignore everything bad, or optional, the game will be good.

While I can agree with Sakurai that bare minimal games do need more fat, filled with content. You and Sakurai completely missed the fact that Smash Bros.'s gameplay core is still being used in all the modes like classic, smash run, trophy rush, etc. (also that unlocking fighters, stages, custom moves etc. can only be unlocked by such modes) compared to Fates having a face touching mini-game for Otaku pandering, while having nothing to do with Fire Emblem in general.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

thatguyEZ

@KO-Cub "I'll tell you why, you're using the optional argument. It doesn't work anymore." ...What? I just wasn't sure if it had been posted in this thread yet.

Do you have a source saying that rubbing girls faces unlocks higher tier weapons? This is the first I've heard of it. And I'm not sure what you mean by 'it has nothing to do with fire emblem.' Having kids has been in the games since Holy War so this isn't a real stretch. Granted it is aiming for the 'otaku' audience, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. And I would argue that taking this feature out is simply pandering to the ultra politically correct far left crowd who likely wouldn't be buying the game in the first place. Though this really just comes down to personal preference. I wasn't all that interested in the mechanic, but if Nintendo wants to strip out features of the game then I'll just buy it used. 'It also implies that if I ignore everything bad, or optional, the game will be good.' So lets say that you don't get any high tier items from the mechanic, as I really haven't seen anything on that at this point. Would it really bother you that much to just not use it. I mean its not like the game would be any worse, its already done so with or without you'd be getting the same thing. Would just the knowledge that there's something in the game you don't like bother you that much? I'm not trying to come off as a jerk here, I'm just tired of NoA sticking there dirty fingers into games before they get here.

I'm sorry this was a bit all over the place I should have been asleep hours ago.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

@Konda
Both games will offer classic and non permadeath mode, as well as easy, medium, and hard modes. Birthright, the easier version, is in the mold of Awakening. Conquest is more like the traditional games. You can't grind in it like you can in Awakening(the enemies that appear randomly on the map.

Eat_Pie

KO-Cub

@thatguyEZ: All of the optional arguments regarding to Fates have been used on many sites and situations, but they don't really actually effect the argument in the end. We judge a game for everything it has.

http://serenesforest.net/2016/01/26/fire-emblem-fates-localiz...
"Skinship in Fire Emblem Fates is a support boosting mechanic that allows you to use your touchscreen to caress your army members from the neckline, up, with intent to boost support ranks and acquire otherwise hard-to-get items."

"Would it really bother you that much to just not use it. I mean its not like the game would be any worse, its already done so with or without you'd be getting the same thing." I don't understand. I mean, I guess it would bother me that I'd be using a mechanic I don't won't to use only so I can get good items for a good run, especially if I'm considering Conquest route on Lunatic or something, but in the end still not get any high rare items. D-did this answer your question? I bet not. :/

"And I'm not sure what you mean by 'it has nothing to do with fire emblem.'" I thought we were talking about touching faces here. Are we? :/ It really has nothing to do with FE. let's be true.

"Would just the knowledge that there's something in the game you don't like bother you that much?" Well yeah, cause I might not get my money's worth compared to other people who are going to enjoy it and have 200+ hours on it, when I think the content could be better spent on something for the core of Fates appealing to all players. It's the reason why people are considering not buying the game. And it's funny, now that they might remove the skin-ship, people are complaining they might not get their money's worth.
I'll put you in this scenario. What if this game depicted hentai scenes; one of rape and another, lolicon. Despite not liking this, would you still buy the game? Neither of us would. But lets say because it's optional you buy it. But the scenes are still something there and you don't like them. This should make you figure out your own question. There is a difference between something that Sakurai said "We don't need this." which can come down to preference and "This shouldn't be here/This isn't needed."

"I'm just tired of NoA sticking there dirty fingers into games before they get here." Of course. Especially when it isn't necessary.
"I'm sorry this was a bit all over the place I should have been asleep hours ago." Lol. I've been there.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Rumorlife

@ that tumblr post " it seems odd to wait so long to remove such a huge feature like that so soon before release."

Yeah it's odd but the waves of angry people hit at many times, and the game was closer to release by the time they announced it and had time to pull it all out anyway. So timing isn't so much odd as they just had to hurry up. I hope they don't leave glitches and holes in the game by accident because of the things they pulled out though. "oh we pulled that out" /exclamation mark still appears /sends the community into a quasar

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

I'm like 1 of 10 gay people who know about this game who are also just like "ok." when it comes to any of these dramas. I still want the game, if the story works out and it plays fine, is there anything else I need to worry about? Yes yes "everything is terrible" I know you've all told me. I just am lost now as to if this game even is in proper order otherwise lol

tbh I'm like "yesss we saved FE with buying Awakening, oh crap now everyone is gonna accidentally kill it anyway because of their awkwardness with gay and drugs"

Rumorlife

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.