Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,517

veeflames

@TomJ: No no no, I wasn't referring to you! I was just referring to the whole debate about this issue. Somehow I'm supposed to be used to it, but then I'm not. It's just ridiculous.
Personally, I kinda wish the marriage thing wasn't there from the start (Awakening).

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LzWinky

I thought the marriage added an extra layer of strategy due to how you want to customize the kid characters

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

@TingLz: I mean, it's a cool thing with the kids and all that (it does add some element of strategy, admittedly) , but it was inevitably going to lead the way for... questionable features, hence the localizations and debates.
I'm okay with any decision that still retains the core of the game. What's kinda funny is how some users are like "it's totally harmless, so why is it gone?" If it was truly harmless, then you wouldn't really care about it, would you?
But that's just me.

God first.

Gridatttack

@Vee_Flames: Maybe for this game, but I don't recall Awakening bringing questionable features due to including the kids system.

The debates are for other stuff. I don't see how the child system is currently a center point of debate of Fates. There's no need for the thing that got removed, as you still have the support conversations to reach S rank support. However, I didn't played the translation that much, s dunno if the contact segments were really needed.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Dave24

VelvetElvis wrote:

I love No More Heroes

Great example, because it got censored as all hell
Also, I saw no rage about Final Fantasy X - this game should've been banned and anyone enjoying it put in jail.

Censorship is censorship and getting rid of anything that is offensive about this game is like "speech is being suppressed by outside forces, here". The reason for it's removal being outrage of peoples who will never play it anyway.
There is a diffrence in localization of jokes so people outside of Japan can laugh at and getting rid completely of any violence in No More Heroes.

However, I'll say this - I have nothing against "censorship" in games as long as the game is aimed towards kids.
Censoring A/R+/18+ is something that boils my blood with how illogical, downright idiotic and offensive that is.
Overall rating system is awful mess.

Dave24

VelvetElvis

@Dave24, I'm having a bit of a hard time parsing your post, but I will say this: censorship is definitely censorship. Nintendo making changes to a game created by Nintendo is not censorship.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Shinion

@VelvetElvis: [strong]especially when said changes are just done to improve the quality of the product. Hence why you should be calling this editing. Except of course for the only obvious censoring that Nintendo themselves have confirmed so far because that scene was just wrong on so many levels.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

kkslider5552000

I disagree if the changes are just better. If nothing else, I do agree that's not necessarily the case in the specific examples given lately. But tbh, my knowledge of Japanese media makes me think many localizations improve things just on the basis of script. It sometimes works out well without changing it but from what I've seen at least, Japan loves self-serious, way too wordy stuff and many localizations just do a better job of getting the personalities through and making it less dry.

I just fail to see why I should care much. But I do agree that they should've left options in instead of taking away gameplay decisions.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

veeflames

@Gridatttack: Of course I'm talking about this game: I wasnt talking about Awakening only. I meant that the marriage system is just going to be the beginning of much more questionable features in future ganes that people will endlessly debate on in future games. See this game and its constant localizations.

God first.

Gridatttack

@Vee_Flames: I think that assuming that will be the future is too early now. I'm sure they will take note that this happened. Lets see if they can get anything about this.

But still, I think that blaming this on the marriage in the games is not right. The thing that got removed wasn't exclusively when you are married in the game, it was an expansion of the support segment the series has, and marriage is not the only area in that.
Besides, Awakening was not the first game to allow you to marry units and have children. This feature was added back then in the SNES games, so why blame it now when it has been in previous games?

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.

veeflames

@Gridatttack:

Gridattack wrote:

This feature was added back then in the SNES games, so why blame it now when it has been in previous games?

Oh, is that so? Well then, apologies. I'm fairly new to the FE series; I've been seeing my brother play other FE games but I only just started with Awakening. But then again, I don't remember seeing any marriage options in the other Fire Emblem games, and I've seen firsthand gameplay on my fair share of those games. But enough about that for now. I guess my point is that if Nintendo continues to add more "anime" features in the original game (such as this petting thing) and cut them in the localized version, they're just going to create more problems than they should. I know the support system and how it works, but the petting is kinda weird, IMO.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

Gridatttack

@Vee_Flames: I see, well no problem then. The marriage and child system appeared on Genealogy of the Holy war for the SNES.

However, future entries in the series didn't necessarily included both, or one at all. IIRC, on one of the GBA games, you can pair your units, but no children appear. I think Path of Radiance doesn't feature any of those 2 (Haven't played the game, so I'm not sure)

But yeah, I agree on that. By adding more anime features it creates a problem, due to the cultural differences. But I agree the petting was weird in the first place lol. Still, its difficult to see FE to be less anime like, considering the series was perhaps never supposed to come overseas.

Edited on by Gridatttack

Sparx

If people want to know why it was removed, remember how many pages of arguing and complaining about it take up this thread :V

(I don't remember how many pages and can't be bothered to check, I just remember that for a while this thread was focused on the face rubbing ruining the game and how they wouldn't buy it if it was in it)

My avatar is from here

Chaoz

Let this all be a lesson to you all, never ever listen to Kotaku no matter what it says.

http://indygnayshon.tumblr.com/post/138105530070/as-you-can-s...

Video proof before someone asks where this guy got this screenshot.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/12/24/fire-emblem-fates-how-am...
It not even that old of a source too, considering the video was posted in December.

Edited on by Chaoz

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Ralizah

Chaoz wrote:

Let this all be a lesson to you all, never ever listen to Kotaku no matter what it says.

http://indygnayshon.tumblr.com/post/138105530070/as-you-can-s...

I linked that image earlier. I doubt NoA would remove the mini-game and not replace it with something, so I'm not sure that undermines Kotaku's claim, unfortunately.

It's possible you just automatically gain the boost in affinity after initiating the event, or something to that effect.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Chaoz

@Ralizah: You maybe right, because after doing so more digging around I found this. http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/gameplay/
"he new My Castle feature lets you create a home away from home for your army. Shop at weapon and armor shops, get new accessories, and practice your strategy by fending off invasions. You can also build relationships with other characters through conversations."
Maybe it is actually somewhat censored by replacing the face rubbing with "conversations."
Nothing wrong with being a little optimistic though.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

LzWinky

Conversations were separate though. You can talk to them inside My Castle

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FX29

As a long time Fire Emblem fan the censorship doesn't bother me at all. The face touching feature just seemed out of place to begin with and was there only for fanservice.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

Smash_kirby

In all honesty I would be very embarrassed to be using the face touching in public but the poke amie I'd something I am okay with. The mechanic reminds me of a game for Japan only that took the line touching is good a little far.

Smash_kirby

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.