Forums

Topic: 3DS, and 2015 and beyond

Posts 21 to 40 of 42

Sleepingmudkip

GustavoSF wrote:

@felyne2 better that: 3DHDSXLSP(an HD console with two screens one 3D only, one 3D AND touch, two circle pads, pressure detecting buttons that won't break so easily and will have different reactions depending on how hard you press, waterproof, stereoscopic internal and external cameras, SIM card support for online play anywhere anytime, a special screen backlight that allows you to play outside even in a sunny day and account system that shares the games in up to two systems with easy locking and recovery!!!!!!!)
or just Game Boy HDcolor(I'd buy it in launch day)

yes and it would be like 250 dollers that looks/seems expensive

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@kkslider5552000
words actually don't mean anything if you stop to think, humans gave meaning to words they created and that "meaning" is so fragile that often misundertandings happen.(I hope it sounds as cool as it was in my mind)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TheMainMii

Maybe a new metroid game, Monster Hunter 4, and Sonic.

I could go Super Sonic!
My body is ready!

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9720-8346 | Nintendo Network ID: B_BlackNinja_N

Windy

I don't know if it can be done on 3DS but I would like to see an RPG on the scale of Xenoblade with a seemless open world feel to it. I'm big on online multiplayer play but something like that would not need to be online. Shin Megami Tensei is Real close to that feel but still has some limitations.

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

kkslider5552000

Birdman wrote:

By 2015, the 3DS will be nearly unsellable to consumers

I'm honestly tempted to bet 100s of dollars that you are wrong. I could always use more money after all.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GuSolarFlare

Windy wrote:

I don't know if it can be done on 3DS but I would like to see an RPG on the scale of Xenoblade with a seemless open world feel to it. I'm big on online multiplayer play but something like that would not need to be online. Shin Megami Tensei is Real close to that feel but still has some limitations.

yep it would be amazing to see such a game on the 3DS I hope it happens too!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Birdman

I guess I should clarify something I said. By "unsellable", I don't mean that 3DS sales will decline to 0 and Nintendo will be incapable of selling any 3DS to anyone; it will simply be impossible for Nintendo to convince anyone not specifically looking for a dedicated handheld video game console to purchase one. Sure, the average 3DS game may be of a much higher quality than your typical iOS game, but casual consumers don't really factor that into consideration when deciding between something that plays games and sort of does other things, or something that plays games, is an e-reader, has music, plays videos, can be used for school/work, etc. It's a matter of quantity vs. quality, and Nintendo, in the eyes of consumers, is getting its quality gaming buried under the quantity of smartphones and tablets. Of course, when a consumer wants a higher quality handheld video gaming experience, this argument goes out the window, but even then, it can become a question of "Should I get a 3DS or Vita, or should I filter through the App Store looking for the gems that are there?"

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Windy

Birdman wrote:

I guess I should clarify something I said. By "unsellable", I don't mean that 3DS sales will decline to 0 and Nintendo will be incapable of selling any 3DS to anyone; it will simply be impossible for Nintendo to convince anyone not specifically looking for a dedicated handheld video game console to purchase one. Sure, the average 3DS game may be of a much higher quality than your typical iOS game, but casual consumers don't really factor that into consideration when deciding between something that plays games and sort of does other things, or something that plays games, is an e-reader, has music, plays videos, can be used for school/work, etc. It's a matter of quantity vs. quality, and Nintendo, in the eyes of consumers, is getting its quality gaming buried under the quantity of smartphones and tablets. Of course, when a consumer wants a higher quality handheld video gaming experience, this argument goes out the window, but even then, it can become a question of "Should I get a 3DS or Vita, or should I filter through the App Store looking for the gems that are there?"

I think in a way you are right. But I do think Nintendo will always do well in the handheld market. The Wii-U is where they are going to struggle unless they do something soon to fix that situation. Personally I think they need to catch up to Microsoft and Sony in regards to the Online gaming market with Wii-U. Instead it seems as though they have given up in regards to online gaming. The Wii-U Mii plaza was a chance for them to take a huge leap but they didn't. There was so much they could have added to the Wii-U's Mii Plaza to make it an online masterpeice. Nintendoland should have all been online. That would have caught Nintendo up in one easy stroke **Scratches Head**

I think this thread is meant to be more of what you would like to see on the systems instead of the demise of the system XENOBLADE 3DS! haha

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

SkywardLink98

Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, and everything else the 3DS needs more of or is lacking. I imagine the successor will be announced in 2016 and the 3DS will go out with a bang in 2017.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

GuSolarFlare

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, and everything else the 3DS needs more of or is lacking. I imagine the successor will be announced in 2016 and the 3DS will go out with a bang in 2017.

good Kirby and Metroid games are needed on both 3DS and WiiU. I loved kirby games but on the wii there's been too many spin-offs and some feel a little out of place and the DS ones felt short(except the super star remake and the canvas curse).

my Backloggery

Obito_Sigma

3DS Games that I would like to see between 2015 - 2017:

• At least two or three games for a New Mega Man Series (like how Mega Man: Star Force had three main games for the DS, if you disclose the different versions for each of the games)
  • A New Sonic Every Year, or at least one every two years
  • One or two Kirby Games
  • At least one more Original LoZ game (no remakes like Ocarina of Time, I'd rather have those in the Virtual Console)
  • Metroid 3D Game
  • Another Donkey Kong Country 3D game
  • F-Zero 3D Game
  • Original Star Fox 3D Game (no remakes)
  • Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon. Lots of it. Remake of Emerald, sequel to X and Y, a game that takes place in all six regions.
  • Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Games
  • Mario & Luigi 5: Another RPG Adventure
  • Ice Climbers, PLEASE!! Either for the 3DS or Wii U.
  • SNES Virtual Console games
  • N64 Virtual Console
  • Atari 2600 Virtual Console
  • Atari 7800 Virtual Console
  • TurboGrafx-16 Virtual Console
  • Neo Geo Virtual Console
  • Neo Geo Pocket Color Virtual Console
  • Virtual Arcade

Now, here's what I want to see in 2017: a new handheld. I'll take this guy, GustavoSF to say some things for me that I agree with.

GustavoSF wrote:

@felyne2 better that: 3DHDSXLSP(an HD console with two screens one 3D only, one 3D AND touch, two circle pads, pressure detecting buttons that won't break so easily and will have different reactions depending on how hard you press, waterproof, stereoscopic internal and external cameras, SIM card support for online play anywhere anytime, a special screen backlight that allows you to play outside even in a sunny day and account system that shares the games in up to two systems with easy locking and recovery!!!!!!!

I'd like a couple of additions to the hardware first of all. I don't think that Nintendo should have a 3D AND Touch screen, that would just get messy. Touch screen on the bottom and 3D on the top is good enough. However, I'd like to see super HD screens, because the 3DS touch screen still looks like the DS touch screen. Pressure detecting buttons, I like. Instead of the usual circle pads. however, I'd like to see the ability to press down on the circle pads just like an analog stick on the console controllers/game pad. This would add more variety.

I would also like to see ZL and ZR shoulder buttons, plus a way to take snapshots and record footage on the 3DS. In addition, at least one USB Port for a head set. This way, I could record footage on my 3DS while using commentary on my head set. Next, a better system for add-ons. For example, if Nintendo were to make an add-on that added two more buttons (like on the Sega Saturn controller) then they could have a better system for it rather than like the Circle Pro. That's just for the hardware, I have many ideas for everything else. However, to finish this off, for the Internet, I want a similar system like the Wii U. The ability to play and upload Youtube videos, run on different tabs, and run all sorts of files.

Friend Code: SW-6500-0179-5813

Super Smash Bros Mains:
Kirby, King Dedede, Mega Man

3DS Friend Code: 2852-9754-3135 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Obito_Tennyson You've said it all dude, You've said it all...

my Backloggery

Windy

I like the Idea of the TurboGrafx VC but I would rather see the TurboGrafx games come out as 3D Classics. They would just be beautiful! Come on Konami! Do It!

Edited on by Windy

Taffy

First off just to address people here saying that the 3DS wont be able to complete with handhelds in 2015 and beyond. I would like to point out one thing to you that has been ignored, we will likely see another price drop of the 3DS by then making it an easier impulse by for the casual consumer and give it a competitive edge against the new 700 euro new iphone 24 S that comes out. In addition indie dev's have said that the IOS and android market is too saturated with free to play games which undermine there efforts, the developer of Gunman Clive and Mutant Mudds have both said to this site that the eshop versions of their games have been most profitable versions.

As for what I would like to see from the 3DS in 2015 (in Europe/UK). A Youtube app, BBC Iplayer, Metroid game (Other M and/or Hunters sequel), port of Kirby's Epic Yarn (really think the 3d effect would look great on that game), a sequel to the Wii version of Need for Speed Nitro, new Advance Wars, Punch Out!!, something along the lines of Castlevania even a sequel to the Lords of Shadow game (actually enjoyed this one), more 3D shows maybe even movies (would love to download and watch some pixar movies on the go), a new Henry Hatsworth and some more third party support, oh and VC GBA games! Think that should about cover it

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Neoproteus

I think the 3DS will do fine. It's still king of portable gaming by far, and the iPhone will never have buttons or an analog stick so Nintendo is rightfully not worried.

The only thing I think the 3DS is missing right now is a good FPS like Metroid Hunters. Other than that, just good games in general. Doesn't matter what genre or company makes them since everything already is represented in some way and a standard has already been set.

Neoproteus

50fish

I dont know about you guys but I would LOVE a starfox sequel. I loved the remake but I NEED a sequel...

50fish

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9743-4179

50fish

DestinyMan wrote:

Here's what I see for 2014-2017:
1. A Kirby game- preferably a traditional platformer, not a gimmicky game like Kirby Mass Attack.
2. A Metroid game
3. WarioWare 3D- this has been overdue.
4. Majora's Mask 3D- pretty much most of us suspect this is in the works.
5. Mario & Luigi 5- since the DS had two, why not the 3DS?
6. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 3D- the Donkey Kong Country series is known for having remakes and ports of every installment. Tropical Freeze will probably follow this trend.
That's all I can think of for now.

The dsi one is true about the two RPGS but the first RPG was really early in the ds' history. We are already 2 years in..

50fish

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9743-4179

swordx

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Well, beyond 2015 the 3DS will probably have a successor unless it ends up lasting nine years without one like the DS/PSP did.

I'm trying to figure out how this makes sense.

swordx

Dreamsleep

50fish wrote:

I dont know about you guys but I would LOVE a starfox sequel. I loved the remake but I NEED a sequel...

I'm hoping that it is what Treasure is working on, a StarFox game. I actually haven't played one to completion, but I really want a nice looking space combat game, with the goofy characters that are in the StarFox universe. I don't have a WiiU, so hopefully it's on 3DS.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.