Forums

Topic: 3DS, and 2015 and beyond

Posts 1 to 20 of 42

Dreamsleep

Hello everybody. I just bought a Black 3DSXL today, and I am super excited about the future of this machine! And, that's what I'd like to talk about, if it's ok with the creators of this forum, and website. We know a lot of the games coming out in 2013, and some of the games coming in 2014. But, I'm curious what people want to see in 2015, and beyond! Of course, this is a pure speculation thread. So, if that's not cool, please forgive me.

Monolith Soft now has two teams, and one is hopefully working on their next 3DS game, after Project X Zone. They have this image on their Facebook page, looking for new recruits:
http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/3ds-M... Hopefully, this is an RPG done in that very same concept art style. It's beautiful, and really captures one's attention, and makes me really want to explore that world.

I really want to see Kuju give us a new Battalion Wars game. I loved BW2 on the Wii! I think a 3DS title could be similar, and really push the online aspect. Imagine getting together for 8 vs. 8 battles, with players choosing land, sea, and air units to fight each other, and assault another player's home base. All on the go!

I also wouldn't mind seeing a third person Metroid. Everyone seems to hate this idea, of a third person Metroid, but I think it would be amazing. I'd really love to see it on the WiiU, in full HD glory, but I think it could look good on the 3DS, too.

Intelligent Systems is probably working their magic on the next Advance Wars game. Hopefully, they can make it as successful as the most recent Fire Emblem, as that series deserves more sales than it's gotten. I actually would love to see them take it into outer space, in the far future. Maybe that would make more people give it a try? I don't know, but more strategy RPG's is never a bad thing.

Alpha Dream will probably make another Mario and Luigi RPG, but I don't see them making three. I'm guessing that Nintendo will probably let them do something new, before they make another M&L RPG. I'd love to see something wild, maybe some kind of teen, or mature title? Maybe they'll do some e-Shop games.

Camelot is working on Mario Golf, but my God, I'd love to see with Nintendo pay off Sega, and let them go back to making Shining Force games, like the original Genesis versions. I would literally explode if that happened. Those are some of my all time favorite console games. I'm guessing they will just make another RPG, but it won't be Golden Sun.

I think Nintendo needs to really come out and blow everyone away with some really different and interesting games, full of new characters. I think that the lowered cost of development on the 3DS makes this possible. I think the WiiU will get the safe games, but the 3DS will get the really wild shots in the dark. I'm thinking of a new RPG series, or maybe even a return to Baten Kaitos. How about an horror RPG set in a world much like Vampire: The Masquerade, where you can play as vampires, werewolves, etc.?! Or, a futuristic Zelda?

I would also really love for Square Enix to have the Kingdom Hearts team make a Nintendo RPG, using all of their characters, instead of Disney. I think that would be really fun, and wild!

So, what do you think is coming? Or, what are your wildest dream games that you would like to see?!

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Veloster

The only game I'd really like to see for the 3DS XL, would be Majoras Mask.
Having that and Ocarina of Time 3D would do it for me.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

kkslider5552000

TheLilK98 wrote:

Well, beyond 2015 the 3DS will probably have a successor unless it ends up lasting nine years without one like the DS/PSP did.

I'm trying to figure out how this makes sense.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NinChocolate

2015? Kirby and shovel ware.

NinChocolate

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Well, beyond 2015 the 3DS will probably have a successor unless it ends up lasting nine years without one like the DS/PSP did.

I'm trying to figure out how this makes sense.

The DS literally lasted 6 years and 5 months until the 3DS came out, but I think they mean until it became glaringly obvious that 3DS was the next step for consumers, to consumers.
Since gamers know when the next machine is out, we associate next gen starting as soon as a new console is released, but many people aren't aware.
I only became current with video games after I was about 12. Anytime before that, I didn't immediately know what the newest thing was, so I was playing NES for a long time after SNES and N64 came out.

That's just my perspective, because I used to be in the same boat.

It's just like how people are saying that Xbox 360 and PS3 will be supported for a few years after Xbox One and PS4 will come out. That time has kind of ended for DS, and it's time to move on to 3DS.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CaviarMeths

Ports/localizations:

-Majora's Mask
-Star Ocean 1, 2
-Valkyrie Profile (better yet, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, and a new Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist)
-Fire Emblem 9, 10
-Tales of Innocence, Rebirth

New projects from studios:

-Atlus
-Intelligent Systems
-Mistwalker
-Monolith
-Retro

New games for:

-Star Fox
-Metroid
-Captain Falcon/F-Zero
-Retry the Sonic Storybook series, except this time not suck
-Persona (lolmad)

New IP from:

-Nintendo

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

moomoo

JRPGs, as far as the eye can see.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

ZackNormandin

I think the 3DS will see another Mario Platformer. Nintendo KNOWS that the fans want a Sunshine successor.

So I think we'll see a Super Mario Sunshine sequel in 2015.
We'll also see the highly anticipated Majora's Mask 3D in 2015 as well.
And a new Wario Ware game....NOT a Game&Wario type thing.

Then we'll see

-a GTA game...similar to chinatown wars. This might happen in late 2014 though.
-Nintendogs + Horses
-Ice Climbers reboot
-Pokemon Snap 2
-Donkey Kong 64 Sequel
-New F-Zero game(Wii U will get one too)
-New Dr. Mario game via eShop
-New Starfox game
-New Kirby title
-New Metroid game

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious
3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052
Google+
SoundCloud
[url=http://reverbnation.com/zacknormand...

CM30

I personally suspect we'll see:

A new Kirby game
A new Metroid game
Maybe a new Advance Wars
However many new Mario games Nintendo thinks they can get away with making
A Pokemon remake. Maybe gen 3, maybe another gen 1 thing.
Wario Land or WarioWare (both of which have been overdue on the 3DS for years now)
Mario & Luigi 5. Well, we did get both Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story on DS, so I think the same pattern will hold for the 3DS too.

That's what I predict.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Metroidlink

CM30 wrote:

Mario & Luigi 5. Well, we did get both Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story on DS, so I think the same pattern will hold for the 3DS too.

Why are you so sure? Pokemon had 1 gen each handheld system, until DS came out, and then we got 2, so you can never predict patterns with Nintendo

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Guovssohas

Just me dreaming;

• The N-64 Turoks remade like OOT for the 3ds, the whole triology in one cartridge, now that would be some insane value.
  • A proper 3d DonkeyKong platformer, like DK64. I really miss those huge collect a ton 3d platformers.
  • Mario Sunshine sequel for the 3ds would be great too.

Guovssohas

SphericalCrusher

2015? Monster Hunter 4 in USA =( I will read over this and create a real list, later . lol

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

shingi_70

Monolith Soft has three teams currently. The tokyo studio is split into two teams, and they have a third team in Kyoto that's been doing support work while they build up talent.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Birdman

I'm not certain the 3DS will last until 2015, to be honest. The true reason Nintendo succeeded last gen was because they successfully courted casual consumers en masse to the DS before smartphones took over. But now, iOS/Android have cornered that market, and it's hard to convince consumers on why they should purchase another expensive electronic device that can do less than what they already have. They're playing catchup to Sony and Microsoft in delivering a strong online presence at it is; competing with Apple and Google is near impossible. By 2015, the 3DS will be nearly unsellable to consumers, and Nintendo will need something new to avoid complete irrelevancy. I'm not saying their next handheld will be a smartphone or tablet, but it'll need to compete with those markets, and the 3DS simply can't do that even now, let alone in two years.

That's just my speculation; who knows what the future truly holds? For all I know, Pokémon X and Y, practically the only franchise that isn't Mario that Nintendo, could take off and become a runaway hit like the original titles were years ago, making the 3DS a must-have item for casual consumers and drawing Nintendo back into mainstream markets. Possible, but I see it as less likely than my first thought.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Dreamsleep

Birdman wrote:

I'm not certain the 3DS will last until 2015, to be honest. The true reason Nintendo succeeded last gen was because they successfully courted casual consumers en masse to the DS before smartphones took over. But now, iOS/Android have cornered that market, and it's hard to convince consumers on why they should purchase another expensive electronic device that can do less than what they already have. They're playing catchup to Sony and Microsoft in delivering a strong online presence at it is; competing with Apple and Google is near impossible. By 2015, the 3DS will be nearly unsellable to consumers, and Nintendo will need something new to avoid complete irrelevancy. I'm not saying their next handheld will be a smartphone or tablet, but it'll need to compete with those markets, and the 3DS simply can't do that even now, let alone in two years.

Well, Sony has the Vita, which is underperforming. Microsoft has no dedicated handheld console. Tablets, and phones, are always said to be competition, but again, I think people don't realize that gamers want dedicated handhelds, because of the advantage of the control schemes that they offer. You bring up some valid points, and it is true that with casuals, it has drawn them away. But, with traditional gamers, handhelds offer a great alternative (whether they choose a 3DS, Vita, or both) to gaming no matter wherever you are.

They've already lost the online race, to Sony and Microsoft, who have online services that are far better, but that's more of a console issue, not a handheld one. Nintendo, ever since the price reduction has turned the 3DS around. Apple, and Google, aren't direct competitors. Honestly, Nintendo doesn't worry about them, because they don't have a dedicated handheld system to compare the 3DS to...phones and tablets just don't count, in their eyes. Whether you agree or disagree, that's fine. But, they don't see them as competition. That's a fact.

To me, I think it will last until 2015. Sure, the next big thing will come, more than likely, Holidays 2015 or Summer 2016, but we don't know. This would be another good thread. What comes next, and more than likely, it's going to be something new, and not dual screen.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

GuSolarFlare

tablet and smartphones suck for gaming way too much shovelware and the lack of buttons is really anoying and the ones that have buttons have a really weak hardware not to say that most mobile games don't even support buttons, the psvita looks good but has way too many ports and not so many new games and while sony fans will stick to the psp until vita gets better microsoft fans probably won't want mobile games or Vita, people with DS will want a 3DS specially pokemon players and other RPG fans too the remakes brought some(really a small number) retro players just for nostalgia with bonus and 3DS has many system selling games(KI:U,LM:DM,SMTIV,MH:3U, ETC.) resuming in two "words":
3DS rules!!!!!!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Andyv01

3DS to last until 2017, as Nintendo throw full weight behind it after the WiiU ... "adventure"

The 3DS will be unsellable by 2015 due to the improvements in tech over tablets/IOS you say?

Hmmm, I believe Nintendo knows it has a dedicated user base and dosnt need to directly compete with or panda to the smartphone demographic. Besides the rate that the 3DS is currently selling worldwide it's maintaining and expanding its user base... not quite at the level of the DS, (which barely had smartphones to compete with) but by releasing higher quality products and embracing download content its farming its next generation of gamers with its franchises. There going to be around for aloooooooooooong time yet

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Sleepingmudkip

HDS HDS HDS thats all i want from the next ds a HDS it will be in HDDDDD(hope a HD pokemon game will be out with it)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@felyne2 better that: 3DHDSXLSP(an HD console with two screens one 3D only, one 3D AND touch, two circle pads, pressure detecting buttons that won't break so easily and will have different reactions depending on how hard you press, waterproof, stereoscopic internal and external cameras, SIM card support for online play anywhere anytime, a special screen backlight that allows you to play outside even in a sunny day and account system that shares the games in up to two systems with easy locking and recovery!!!!!!!)
or just Game Boy HDcolor(I'd buy it in launch day)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.