Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 585

Vinny

Beat Sunshine last month. Wow, I actually think it was the hardest 3D Mario game overall. The only 3D Mario I haven't played yet is Odyssey. The sand bird level, man...

I really enjoyed the setting. Some think the levels are too samey but I think did a great job of imagining stuff that would fit the game's theme, like a water park.

In comparison with other "themed" games like, say, Kirby Planet Robobot, there's less moments with a completely different theme. In Robobot, the main feature is the mecha you pilot (there's also a more techno soundtrack and some "cyber" levels), which is really fun but not every single level has you piloting them.
Sunshine has those secret levels that are dettached from the normal stages (and also really hard).

The controls work great, I think FLUDD adds some fun to the platforming. Visually, the water textures actually look pretty good for a 2002 game.

What can I say, I had a fun but also (sometimes) frustating time with this one hahah.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Ninfan

Does anyone have viewtiful joe ( the very first one ) for nintendo gamecube

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Yes, I do. What do you want to know about it? Mind you, it's been a LONG time since I've played it, so I might have to do some investigating depending on what it is that you want to know.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX great thanks. I remember the cheap copy having a orange colour and the dear copy having a red cover. can't seem to see the two different ones anywhere..I looked on amazon but can't make anything like what might tell me a red or orange one.

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan I've honestly never heard of that before. So I had to look it up for you.

This is the version that I've got, which is the PAL version:
Untitled
This is the American/NTSC version:
Untitled
And there's also a Player's Choice edition of it:
Untitled

I think I've also found the orange cover you mentioned, but that's actually the German version of the game, easily recognizable by the diamond shaped age indicator on the front:
Untitled

So, not really worth searching for, I'd say. The right version of the game is obviously the PAL version, so the exact same that I have. Unless of course, you've got a modded/region free GameCube.

By the way, information and cover art about practically any Nintendo (or PlayStation) game can be found here:
https://www.gametdb.com/
Which is also where I got all the above covers from.

Just select the category/console on the left, then type the name of the game in the search window, and you'll probably get what you're looking for, the next time you're wondering about various covers...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Gamecuber

I got this a few years ago on the cube but really struggled to get into it, which is a pity as I’d heard such good things about it. I guess I’ve just got no sense of rhythm 😁

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

Buizel

@ThanosReXXX Both Pink/Red and Orange/Yellow covers were available in the UK (I have the yellow one myself)...I always just thought they were different variants with no different otherwise (including price).

At least 2'8".

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber How do you fare on a dance floor?

@Buizel Yeah, strangely enough, I noticed that the German cover also has English text on it, which is actually quite rare, because the German versions of games more often than not only show text in German.
I guess this was then also one of the rare examples of a game that featured English text (and apparently also audio) in Germany as well.

But it IS the German version nonetheless, otherwise it wouldn't have the USK label on it, which is the German version of the age classification system.

gcunit

There is a demo disc for Viewtiful Joe. You're not thinking of that are you @Ninfan?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ninfan

gcunit wrote:

There is a demo disc for Viewtiful Joe. You're not thinking of that are you @Ninfan?

I'm not sure if it was a demo disk. Maybe it was . I don't wana get that one if it is that one. Cause it's not very good, the good one was about 200 euro I think. Is there a way to tell the difference between them

Ninfan

Gamecuber

@ThanosReXXX Dad Dancer Extraordinaire. As graceful as a hippo on a tightrope 😂

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

Vinny

Man, Pikmin 2 was such a great game.
One of the coolest feautures was reading about the creatures and object descriptions on the Piklopedia while listening to that relaxing background music after completing a cave...

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber Ah, gotcha. Forget I ever mentioned it. Just don't make a spectacle of yourself at parties and weddings, then...

@Vinny It sure was. And it actually still is. I think that all of the Pikmin games actually hold up pretty well. Here's hoping that fourth game is still coming, somewhere in the not too distant future.

Ninfan

Can I play 1080 AVALANCHE online on gamecube

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan No, but you might possibly be able to on the Dolphin emulator on PC, but you'll have to look that up, to see if that's actually correct.

But having said that, it's specifically meant to be a single player experience, and the only multiplayer part is local couch multiplayer, which is also the most fun, in my opinion, instead of competing online against some unknown a*holes who don't play fair...

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Ninfan I've honestly never heard of that before. So I had to look it up for you.

This is the version that I've got, which is the PAL version:
Untitled
This is the American/NTSC version:
Untitled
And there's also a Player's Choice edition of it:
Untitled

I think I've also found the orange cover you mentioned, but that's actually the German version of the game, easily recognizable by the diamond shaped age indicator on the front:
Untitled

So, not really worth searching for, I'd say. The right version of the game is obviously the PAL version, so the exact same that I have. Unless of course, you've got a modded/region free GameCube.

By the way, information and cover art about practically any Nintendo (or PlayStation) game can be found here:
https://www.gametdb.com/
Which is also where I got all the above covers from.

Just select the category/console on the left, then type the name of the game in the search window, and you'll probably get what you're looking for, the next time you're wondering about various covers...

@ThanosReXXX yes that's the one I'm looking for. with the red cover. How much did you pay for it, around €200 I think. What was the players choice one. Thanks for the help

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan The first one, you mean? That's just the regular PAL edition, and I bought it back in the day, when the GameCube was still current gen hardware, so I just paid the normal price for it, when it was still available in shops everywhere. Maybe even a little less, because I was always hunting for bargains...

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Anyway, I don't know why you'd specifically want a certain cover, because all versions of the game are the same, and you can actually get used copies for quite a reasonable price. Here's some examples:

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX well the ones they sold here there was two copys a orange cover with not much game play and a red cover one that cost €200 it was brilliant . Person in the shop said the orange one was just a collector's one.

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic