Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 585

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Yeah... by "collector's issue" he simply meant "just because this color cover isn't naturally available in the UK, I can charge you a heck of a lot more for it". So, he's basically a smart (read: first class a*hole) sales man, who wants to trick people out of their money. That'll only work on people not in the know, obviously. I would simply take one look at that cover, see the German age indicator, and laugh in his face for trying to fool someone who's smarter than him.

There is no collector's edition from Viewtiful Joe, and as you can see from those links I posted above, the prices for second hand versions are still very fair, and it's a REALLY good game, so if you're even remotely interested, then I'd say just go for it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

@Octane hello ,did you start this thread. if you did do you know a lot about gamecube ??
If you did i just have a quick question for you.

Ninfan

Gamecuber

@Octane how many Gamecubes would it take to fill the Grand Canyon 🤔

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

Octane

@Gamecuber Zero. The earth is flat, the grand canyon is a lie.

Octane

Ninfan

Octane wrote:

@Ninfan I know everything.

@Octane I think I asked you or Somone on nl this question before. Can the gamecube connect to other ones to play each other, without having broadband. I don't mean local play, I mean from maybe a mile or more away. I thought I read in a gamecube magazine before that it does, I mean, cheapest you will get a pre-owend one is €120, that's very dear for something that only use s a private server, for one game, I'm nearly certain I read it in one of those mags that it can go over big distances without broadband , Or maybe I was dreaming. Please reply back !

Ninfan

Octane

@Ninfan Can't do. You don't need it. Get yourself a Cube and a copy of Mario Sunshine, tucker away in a dark corner with a bag of doritos and mountain dew and enjoy your offline time. Won't get any better than that.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Where the heck did you get those prices from? A pre-owned GameCube definitely doesn't have to cost that much. Here's a couple of examples from your region:

https://www.retrogames.co.uk/052040/Nintendo/Gamecube-Console...
https://www.retrogames.co.uk/015784/Nintendo/Gamecube-Silver-...
https://consolepassion.co.uk/products/nintendo-gamecube/conso...
https://consolepassion.co.uk/products/nintendo-gamecube/conso...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX i payed €120 for a broadband adaptor for a gamecube not €120 for just a gamecube. Sorry maybe I didn't write that correctly in my post you read

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Ah, that clarifies it. And no, that wasn't exactly clear from your comment. You could check either of those sites for those adapters as well. Might be that these aren't as expensive either.

As for your original question:

Here's an example for long distance multiplayer:
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/169781/is-it-possi...
Other games will be available on private servers as well, you just need to Google "GameCube online multiplayer" and then add the name of the game you want to find.

And here are options for LAN play:

Ninfan

What was the bonus disk in metroid prime 2 echos

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Here's your answer...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ninfan

Donkey kong tropical freeze got number 1 spot in the top 50 donkey kong games on NL , I don't know how donkey konga didn't get top spot it was totally new and brilliant😑

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Ninfan

People keep saying there's a lot of noise coming from there switchs, that it doesn't sound right. My gamecube is 20 years old and still plays great, even with a bit of a knocking ...

Ninfan

Gamecuber

Nothing can match the noise coming from my PS2. I’ve heard jet engines quieter...

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

Heavyarms55

Anyone else here not know how relatively poorly the Gamecube did until years later? During the Gamecube era I still did not use the internet much and never really saw sales figures in the magazines I read at the time. Since there was a pretty healthy mix of people at my school for GC, PS2 and Xbox I just assumed that the 3 were pretty balanced. It was only years later that I learned GC was by a significant margin, the weakest selling of the era.

I actually owned all 3, getting GC first, then PS2 and then Xbox but thought then, and still think, Gamecube was my favorite. GC has more games I still like than PS2 and Xbox. Though all 3 had a lot of stuff I liked.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Gamecuber

It’s with the benefit of hindsight that you see just how outclassed Nintendo were in that generation. Sony got a head start by a solid year, were coming in strong from the market dominance of the PS1 the previous gen and DVD playback as standard cannot be ignored as a major contributing factor in the PS2’s success; it was a games system and DVD player for the same cost as a regular DVD player (indeed that was why I got one back in 2002). XBOX was totally unknown at the time. I didn’t see one in the wild until 2004 at my friend’s flat; everyone else had a PS2. I was only one of two people at university and back home who also had a Cube and then only for about 10 exclusives. Nintendo really were the outsiders in that race, but Sony absolutely pummelled all competition (except the GBA). What was surprising was Microsoft taking 2nd place, but only by a few hundred thousand. PS2 was 100 million more than either of the other systems.

However, having all three set up now in my man-cave the PS2 really shows how weak it was compared to the other two. The XBox is a powerhouse and the Gamecube’s graphics, especially on first party games, still look great today. I have all three hooked up to a CRT tv, SCART for PS2 and GameCube (need to get a SCART cable for Xbox, using composite, urgh!) and all look good, but PS2 graphically is the weakest (and ironically, if I want to watch a dvd it has to be the Xbox as the Cube can’t do it and PS2 does that weird green shading anti-piracy nonsense if you use anything other than standard composite cables!)

Edited on by Gamecuber

Octane

I don't think I've ever seen an original Xbox in real life to this day. Everyone either had a GameCube or a PS2. But I wasn't aware of sales numbers either at the time. The Cube seemed to be just as abundant as the PS2 back then.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I have ever saw with my eyes an OG XBOX at my local game repair workshop.
The machine was still Original, Unmodded, ready to play.
I can buy it straightly if i have Rp 1,000,000 or US$ 73.50 but i can only play DDR Ultramix 1 - 4 since those games are the only i have interest from OG XBOX. 😅

Note: Someone use profanity on Luigi Mansion developer talk article.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Gamecuber
Meanwhile, i prefer PS2 over than Xbox due to better games library on PS2 than Xbox.
Let me tell you why.
I can get 9 Japanese DDR PS2 games + 8 USA DDR PS2 games, 5 - 8 DrumMania PS2 games, More than 10 Pop'n Music PS2 games & Beatmania IIDX PS2 games, Para Para Paradise PS2, K-1 games, Monster Rancher 4, My Street, Mr Mosquito, Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked, etc. Those games are really great for me on PS2 and didn't exist on Xbox.
Plus backward compatible with PS1 games, i can expand more PlayStation games even further.
If i sum All PS2 games from both Japan and USA version with PS1 games (both version too), i can get more than 50 PS2 games and more than 24 PS1 games. While for Xbox, i can get only 4 games (DDR Ultramix 1 until 4).
Also, PS2 Slim design (scph 70000 series) is the BEST design ever from Sony in my opinion.

And for Gamecube, their games library was really dreadful in my opinion. Their 1st party games quite weak, not really engaging as Wii version.
I play Gamecube games with my Wii since i can only get about 12 Gamecube games (Gamecube exclusive only).

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic