Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,641 to 8,660 of 11,914

WoomyNNYes

I watched the 2005-2009 Doctor Who out of order. I don't think it was less satisfying. I don't think anyone will regret watching Star Wars out of order. They're all good movies, and very rewatchable.

That Rogue One is cool, but it's the only star wars i haven't really wanted to rewatch. I have rewatched it though.

Speaking of Doctor Who, the new actor playing the Master is freaking great. He's literally a madman with a box. If you're not into Doctor Who that's fine.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

redd214

Appears as though for at least the first couple of years there won't be any Series X exclusive games. I know some of you don't plan on upgrading at or neat launch so sounds like you won't miss out on anything!

"As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,” Booty explains. β€œWe want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we’re committed to them with content.”

Source: https://www.mcvuk.com/we-need-to-deliver-on-the-promises-that...

redd214

NEStalgia

@Woomy_NNYes "watching Star Wars out of order. They're all good movies, and very rewatchable."

I'm sorry, Me-sa thinks-a you-sa must have missed-sa Episode 1-sa....

@redd214 BOOM! There it is!! That's the official commitment to what a lot of us were hoping was MS's thinking with the XBox when we invested in X1X. It was looking to be in question for a while, but it looks like that's indeed how they're playing it. In fact, better since it sounds like they're not obsoleting S owners right away either! That's a bigger deal than this buried comment makes it seem. Sure that comments on the next year or two but it hints toward the gen-less approach we were talking about quite some time ago that we thought Phil was talking about, and suggests the idea that they'd drop the S before the X as sort of a tick-tock approach is very reasonable to believe. XBox is kind of generation-less now, which is a big platform differentiation vs the PS approach (and whatever Nintendo does at any given time.)

Ironically it makes me MORE likely to buy XSEX sooner, since that, also feels more like a longer term purchase.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia Glad it's good news to you! Really excited about the upcoming generation (even though the lines are being blurred/erased). It's really going to be such a smooth transition for both sides, can't wait,

redd214

WoomyNNYes

NEStalgia wrote:

@Woomy_NNYes "watching Star Wars out of order. They're all good movies, and very rewatchable."

I'm sorry, Me-sa thinks-a you-sa must have missed-sa Episode 1-sa....

Hmm, touche, @NEStalgia . I still like Liam Neeson & some of finding Anakin but, I'll admit a Force(bias) against Episode 1 that agrees with you.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Banjo-

Well, for me the biggest benefit if I got it day one would be playing Monster Hunter World without the choppy frame rate for the first time ever. With all the Xbox/360/Xbox One games, even for those of us that own an Xbox One as their first Xbox console, that we all have and Game Pass I think that we all will get Xbox Series, it's a no-brainer. It's a question of when and not if.

It's funny how you @NEStalgia call it XSEX, wouldn't it be XSX? X=Xbox S=Series X=X. I know calling it XSEX is much more tempting and funny though.

Banjo-

Ninfan

When is the new Xbox coming out. I suppose the new battle toads game will be on it. That should be good .😁😁😁😁😁

Ninfan

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean it's @eel s fault... XBox SEries X. Makes sense. XSEX is pronouncable and XSX isn't. Better acronym. And sales pitch. You can be a lonely weeb with a PS5 or buy XSEX. There's an advertising angle here. Eel should get paid.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueOcean it's @eel s fault... XBox SEries X. Makes sense. XSEX is pronouncable and XSX isn't. Better acronym. And sales pitch. You can be a lonely weeb with a PS5 or buy XSEX. There's an advertising angle here. Eel should get paid.

It's certainly entertaining to read.

Banjo-

Eel

There's nothing wrong with the Xbox SEX.

It's a perfectly normal and family friendly console name.

Preorder the XSEX for your kids today.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 Very good to see, now I can make decisions solely decided on performance and what happens on the Switch front.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Here's hoping 60 FPS becomes standard moving forward. So many games would look and play a lot better.

The only way that's ever gonna happen is if they run out of new graphical techniques to try out (that's not happening anytime soon).

While there's new innovation in graphics, they're always going to prioritise that over frame rate. So the standard frame rate will probably continue being 30fps for most AAA games over time. It will just be displaying more and more complex graphics at that frame rate.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

However, Microsoft recommended developers to target 60 fps at 4K on Series X. Many important developers like Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix, Capcom and CD Projekt have offered three video modes on their Xbox One X games. I am thankful for the extensive support that Xbox One X has received from third parties against all odds.

Banjo-

BruceCM

I think that should be likely, @DarthNocturnal.... Hopefully, other graphical developments won't be as power hungry

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Yeah that's the ideal situation, but it does mean that the more complex games require a lot more optimization and QA testing for the devs, so a lot of them probably won't bother

Look at FFXV on the Xbox One X for an example. They obviously didn't want to put that extra time and energy in, so the "performance mode" is quite bad and gets noway near constant 60fps. It's like jumping between 30 and 50 most of the time!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

The irony, Microsoft itself doesn't even provide more games for Casuals in physical.
Not every gamers are hardcore players.
Not every gamers adore Western stuffs.
Not every gamers adore shooting games.
Just provide more Casual games for everyone, no male oriented games only and more gamers will buy Xbox machine for more diversity games library.
The Casual games i meant here like mostly founded on Nintendo library games such as 1-2-Switch, Style Savvy, Nintendogs, Go Vacation, Wii Sport Resort, Wii Party, Animal Crossing, Nintendoland, etc.
When Microsoft keep persistent with their shooting games on Xbox, i don't think i will ever consider Xbox machine seriously since i can only found acceptable Casual games from Xbox machines with very little amount of quantity i can get from each machines.
Just take a look the games i can get from Xbox machines.

Xbox = DDR Ultramix 1 - 4 (4 games)
Xbox 360 = DDR Universe 1 - 3, Dance Evolution, Kinect games (6 - 8 games)
Xbox One = Disneyland Adventure, Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection (2 games)
What the heck ?!
Not worthy at all if i can only can get those very small amount quantity and very narrow genre diversity.

Also, the digital only trend is just killing my interest to consider next Xbox machine since i can get physical release from digital only games on PS4 or Switch.
I don't even care with Play Anywhere, Cheap price digital download price, the convenience from digital download service, BC by digital licence but not by disc emulating, the typical too mainstream games that only cater toward hardcore male gamers but not appeal for casual gamers like me. Those are really disaster in my opinion. Not even a good thing for me.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Repeating the same stuff over and over again will NOT change anything. Just don't buy Xbox!
There is no reason to push your weird tastes OVER AND OVER again here.

One time is enough.

XBontendo

@Zuljaras Not to mention the vast amount of easy entry games on Gamepass (making them evem more accessible). Games like Minecraft, Untitled Goose Game, Ticket to Ride, etc etc.

@Anti-Matter You seem to have a strict view of what being a "casual gamer" means. Even without gamepass there are things like the Jackbox Party Packs. Not every game on XBox is Dark Souls or a shoot'em up.

*edit- please try to avoid gatekeeping, we're all just here to have fun, and I (personally) find XBox to be a really inviting place for new/casual gamers. Obviously I find Nintendo to offer the same or I wouldn't be here (in these forums). Just because one company has value, doesn't mean that the other has none.

Edited on by XBontendo

XBox/Steam/Epic: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.
Playstations are fine, but I don't have one.

Ralizah

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Here's hoping 60 FPS becomes standard moving forward. So many games would look and play a lot better.

It won't. Glitzy visuals impress people more in general than higher framerates, so developers optimize console versions for the aspect that'll work better in marketing.

If you want to optimize for higher framerates, then PC is the way to go. You can build a rig for under $1000 that'll run basically everything at 1080p60fps. Much less if you already have a compatible mobo for decent mid-range components.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic