Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,621 to 8,640 of 11,903

Banjo-

After Christmas, I am back to Final Fantasy XV. It's not the typical Final Fantasy game and I had realised that but it's a wonderful combination of Xenoblade Chronicles X, best original Wii U game in my book, and other open-world games. I will never understand those people that consider Breath of the Wild the game of the decade and don't pay attention to infinitely better games (I guess they only play Nintendo's games). In my opinion, BotW is the worst 3D Zelda game ever developed and a very mediocre open-world game even compared to the first Assassin's Creed game that I played the same year that I played BotW (2017). Sorry but I really need to repeat this every time that I play some other games.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Make sure you have all the DLC first if you're playing XV. They really improve the game a massive amount.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

BotW was my 1st Zelda, @BlueOcean ..... So, I liked it a lot but I can't obviously compare it to previous games in the series FFXV is pretty good, overall, despite what some fans of the older games think. Reminds me I need to get on with that soon, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

@Dezzy Yes, I got the Royal Edition.
That means I have everything but the Ardyn Episode which I might get too. Actually, yesterday I found the Terra Wars side quest by chance and I loved it.

@BruceCM Then I must recommend you Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Make sure you play the DLC during the main game! Really improves the story and the pacing of the second half.

Banjo-

@Dezzy Do you mean episodes Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis? When exactly should I play them?

I watched the film and the anime before playing.

Banjo-

Eel

if I remember correctly, chapter gladiolus happens when he leaves the party at some point, chapter ignis happens during the big leviathan attack, and chapter prompto happens after he goes missing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Yep. And Ardyn and Comrades DLC too. All of them except Ardyn DLC fit at a particular chronological point in the story. But Ardyn fits at a certain point logically (because of when you learn certain information). The point to play them all are:

-Gladiolus leaves the party in Chapter 7 for a while. So play his DLC either when he leaves, or when he returns.
-Ignis DLC is the tricky one. It's set chronologically at the end of Chapter 9 in Altissia, but it does contain a small spoiler for later in the story so some people prefer to play it later on. I massively prefer to play it at Chapter 9 though because it fits chronologically and also fills in some plot holes.
-You're separated from Prompto at the end of Chapter 11. Wait a short while until you depart Tenebrae in Chapter 12 and then play his DLC here.
-Ardyn and Comrades DLC both go at the end of Chapter 13. That's also a good place to play Ignis DLC if you didn't do it in Chapter 9.

And regarding Comrades DLC (the multiplayer DLC that can also be done single player): because it's absolutely massive (it can take like 20 hours to complete) and not very story heavy, if you can't be bothered to play it, just watch the cutscenes on youtube. That's all you need to do for the story parts.

Edited on by Dezzy

NEStalgia

@Dezzy The fact this list exists, and is still hard to follow, contains everything that is wrong with that game.

So, for owners of Royal, which additional DLCs does one buy? And does Comrades really add anything to the story? I thought it was just for messing around in multiplayer with a game that wasn't meant for multiplayer because Publisher Reasons. ?

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

The Royal Edition contains everything except Episode Ardyn. Comrades does have to be downloaded separately though (it was originally DLC within the main game but they separated it to try and get people to buy it standalone, which didn't work). It's still free though for Royal Edition owners.

Whether Comrades adds anything is highly subjective. In terms of clear exposition that fits into the main plot, it only adds a little. But if you also consider things like character dialogue, lore and environmental storytelling (i.e going to new locations to see what's happening at that point in the story), then it adds quite a lot.
I played it single player just for the sake of the story and I thought it was a great addition just because you get to go around the various locations and see how the world has changed at that point (some of the hub areas they clearly put a lot of effort into redesigning). But I can totally imagine some people finding it pointless and boring.

BruceCM

Eh, I'm planning to finish FFXV main story & then do the DLC .... I'm sure it'll work well enough!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@BruceCM

It's really a bad idea. Ignis and Prompto DLC are both crucial for the story. They're not really DLC in the first place. They're literally just parts of the main story they didn't have time to finish, so decided to make money out of.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

Yeah, that'll be fine, @Dezzy .... I've played games where it was strongly recommended to have watched the series they were based on with no knowledge of those

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

I, for one, appreciate @Dezzy 's input and will do what you advise.

I was wrong about the Comrades DLC so I will play it too, probably after beating the game.

@NEStalgia Royal Edition includes everything but the Ardyn Episode. Ardyn is an important character but he has his own story (I know this because of the film). Royal Edition is a every generous package but Ardyn Episode was the last thing that they released and it's not included. I bought the Edition One physically which doesn't include any extras except for a few items and I bought the Royal Edition digitally, it's usually cheap and on sales.

By the way, I recommend watching the film and the anime. The film is probably the best film based on a video game that I know and the anime is really interesting and fun. I watched the film on BD and the anime on YouTube.

I am currently at chapter 6 if you guys are curious and I'm playing not rushing anything and not following any guide like I did with Xeboblade Chronicles X. Play time is 25:21.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Welp, that needed a spoiler alert......now I don't have any need to watch the trilogy of trilogies now that I know that bit....thanks a lot....

@BlueOcean Does the film come before or after the game? I do have the BD from the PS4 collectors edition from launch....that is still in shrink wrap (I have Royal digitally on X1)

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia The film is like an introduction so watch it first. It's a bit like a "Birth by Sleep" to give you a Kingdom Hearts reference but not as distant in time. The anime is the story of each main character and how they developed bonds with each other so watch it before the game too. The film and anime are way better than I expected.

The game without the film, anime and episodes is full of gaps.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

It's like asking if you should start with Prequel or Original Trilogy for Star Wars; it really doesn't matter. You'll get to “No Luke, I am your father.“ one way or another.

Yeah but missing the DLC out in XV is more like watching Episode 4 and then skipping to Episode 6, so you DID miss out "I am your father", but you immediately learn it through random conversation instead.

BlueOcean wrote:

The film and anime are way better than I expected.

Yeah the Kingsglaive movie is absolutely crucial as well. That really didn't get the hype it deserved. It's by far the best of Square Enix's 3 movies (the other 2 being Spirits Within and Advent Children).

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

Lols, well, that is slightly different, tbh, @DarthNocturnal ..... The 1st film released was episode 4, so the story for 1, 2 & 3 had already been at least conceived by then. Thus, you could reasonably watch the lot in either release or episode order reasonably

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic