Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,261 to 6,280 of 11,914

redd214

@Zuljaras congrats on getting an X!

Merry Christmas everyone, hope it's a great one!

redd214

Zuljaras

I though that the X would be virtualy silent. But it is not. It is quieter than my Pro but you can hear it.
Also there is a faint coil whine. I hope the rest is fine!!!

Banjo-

Merry Christmas (not religious myself but anyway I like seeing people saying nice things )!

@Zuljaras Congratulations! Keep the invoice for guarantee and keep using the console normally. The typical sound of X should be a faint low-speed fan noise. Once you have set the Microsoft account up and updated the OS you can play offline.

Banjo-

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean I will. I got Darksiders warmastered for comparison with my Pro. And for now it is better but I have to progress more and see if the fan will kick in more.
I have seen some videos of RDR2, Farcry 5 and the console was running a little louder than a low end game but it was better than the Pro.

I am feeling the paranoia kick back in again!!!

Banjo-

I'm not sure that that's faulty to be absolutely honest. It sounds low-speed like the HDD and fan spinning normally. Does it overheat? When does it make the sound? Can you hear it with TV volume on? Is a disc inside? Mine has a lower pitch (when not reading discs) but every manufactured X is slightly different because every one is individually calibrated. They aren't noisy but every one has a slightly different sound. Just watching that video I can't say how loud is that. Hopefully more people reply and say their opinions.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean So to give more info.

1. It does not matter if there is a disc inside. Both cases it is the same.

2. It does not overheat.

3. I can't hear it with the TV on but it is bothersome.

4. It is more audible when I play games. I can hear it when I play BC games but it is lower pitch. I Enhanced games it is higher I only tested with Darksiders Warmastered Edition because that is what I have right now.

5. It is heard in the home menu.

I have to admit that on the same place in the same game where I get my PS4 Pro to start going crazy the One X fan can be heard going faster than when I play BC games or just put it on idle but it is not the berserk state of the Sony machine.

I read about the Hovis Method and the One X.

However I wonder if I get new console it will sound the same or worse

I just need some more info from people who actually have the console.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras congrats! You really need to give up the gaming hobby and just become an audiophile with ears like that . It's only like $100,000 more expensive a hobby but at least you're among the few that can hear the difference in the 120khz range between two different stranded silver 2" thick power cables. it's a pretty quiet machine.... There's a fan... It can make a little noise but if even a fan or something in the room is on, i can't hear it. I can only hear the faintest hint of whine if i put my ear to it. At least your consoles don't continually beep

@ThanosReXXX remember preemptive pessimism? So i got a new 8tb licensed hdd to put on machine #2... Now that the power outage made the hdds spin up every few seconds, matching machine #1, despite not having done that for months. DOA. And not the jiggle kind. Power supply is bad. Thankfully, due to my preemptive pessimism, i already had a spare, sealed in the carton , so i just pulled it and continued my setup undeterred. The bad one can be exchanged. Now both machines light up the hdd light every 20-40 seconds, but the licensed drives don't spin up the discs like my rosewill enclosures do. No idea what the xbox one doing constantly polling the hdd/usb port in a way that makes the light go on but not spin up the drive with some drives, but spins up the drive with others. Now that it's on 2 machines again, its definitely a software flaw, and a semi consistent one, starting with the oct update. When i looked up the Seagate upon discovering the dead power brick, i noticed one of the best buy customer q&a items was asking about this very phenomenon, so it's not just me.

The 6 hdds and one doa later thing is just me though. Then again, it's Seagate....

When i buy something, i need to buy in triplicate and warehouse the backups.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras i can't say I've heard that on (either of) mine, BUT, I'm not sure a YouTube video is a good place for identifying the specific timbres of sounds either, cheap mics and yt compression can do idd things. There's going to be some fan noise because.... There's a fan.

Do you hear that if the machine is off in constant on mode? If it's coils, the psu is still always on (and usb ports powered) in instant on. So that would just be fan. But the machine is pretty quiet, i can't say i hear anything from a few feet away if theres anything else making sounds or white noise in the room. Then again where the consoles are located i can say the same for ps4 pro (when it's not beeping....) Same switch. Pro gets nosy enough to hear occasionally if it's being pushed hard... But otherwise i can't hear it from a few feet away in a non silent room either. So the "whine"here is hard to place.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia I have this curse that I can hear things. Okay that came out wrong I am not demented

I am just paranoid about the things I like the most!

I will return the console and if they return the money I will buy a new one from my game shop with a little discount.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras well if you've seen my hdd weirdness on x1 and my beeping ps4 pro, you know that our of everyone on this forum, I'm the most similar to your experience.

And i still think you're nuts.

J/k i get it.... Maybe you have the same wired hardware luck i do. If so, never get into pc gaming. Just trust me.

If the new 1x does it, it's normal.

NEStalgia

WebHead

Might pick one up next year possibly the white xbox one x. Absolute unit right there

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Banjo-

Zuljaras wrote:

@BlueOcean So to give more info.

1. It does not matter if there is a disc inside. Both cases it is the same.

2. It does not overheat.

3. I can't hear it with the TV on but it is bothersome.

4. It is more audible when I play games. I can hear it when I play BC games but it is lower pitch. I Enhanced games it is higher I only tested with Darksiders Warmastered Edition because that is what I have right now.

5. It is heard in the home menu.

I have to admit that on the same place in the same game where I get my PS4 Pro to start going crazy the One X fan can be heard going faster than when I play BC games or just put it on idle but it is not the berserk state of the Sony machine.

I read about the Hovis Method and the One X.

However I wonder if I get new console it will sound the same or worse

I just need some more info from people who actually have the console.

It all seems normal and you don't know how the next one is going to sound...

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Zuljaras What I mean is that your console seems to work fine and that you shouldn't worry.

The sound doesn't seem unusual nor it's loud. It sounds like the HDD and fan spinning normally. Let's see what others think but I say everything is fine. When I play X-enhanced games the noise that it makes is louder too but compared to my launch PS4 my X is surprisingly quiet.

Banjo-

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean Compared to the PS4 Pro it is very quiet. But the problem is that I took that talk about the X way too serious. "Oh, it is whisper quiet!", "Oh, it is virtually silent!", "Oh, I do not know if it is working!"

I guess it is not noisy but you can hear it.

With that said I am impressed by my Xbox 360 E model. When a disc is not spinning inside the console CAN'T be heard. I mean literally. The fan is spinning and the heat is coming out of the console but there is ZERO sound. Probably the luckiest 360 console ever! Even after 3-4 hours of play!

Cobalt

Guys, my wife just bought 12 games ! o_O

The prices on XBOX ONE are really low...

It's an average of 12€ per game sort of... That's awesome.

Really happy with my X.

Cobalt

Banjo-

@Zuljaras

"Oh, it is whisper quiet!", "Oh, it is virtually silent!", "Oh, I do not know if it is working!"

I suppose they mean it while they are playing with the TV on and sitting on the couch. If my X is in instant-on mode and downloading games I can hear a very faint noise if I put my ear next to it and the TV is off. That 360 console of yours is a real wonder! My Wii U is not noisy but I hear the fan louder than the X and the PS4 gets ready to take off when playing a game, even when the game is suspended. It's really distracting. Some people play with headsets because of that.

@Cobalt That's great. Yeah, compared to Nintendo's full-priced ports it's like they are giving them away.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras if a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody to hear it, does it make a sound?

Zuljaras:. "what is all that racket?!?"

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic