Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,841 to 11,860 of 11,914

Magician

84 hours into Starfield. Now at 900/1000 for achievements. Saving the best achievement for last, level 100. Here at level 56 it takes around 4600 xp to level up and since the xp gains from crafting were nerfed with the previous update, at 1 xp a pop...I'll be spending the next several hours at my industrial workbench churning out thousands of adaptive frames.

I'll be as happy as that guy loading the plane.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician why not just kill enemies and scan planets with xp boosts (emotional comfort and food)? Is manufacturing better?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama At 108 xp every ten seconds, I feel manufacturing would be quicker.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Pizzamorg

I am like 50ish hours into Starfield myself. It has a very addictive gameplay loop, just because there is always a new discovery just a few steps (or loading screens / menus) away, so I find myself losing a lot of time to it... but I also don't like think its all that great either somehow?

I think Baldur's Gate 3 has just ruined gaming for me, so much of what Starfield does is fine and serviceable and there is nothing wrong with that, but in a world where BG3 exists, playing an RPG that is at its best is just kinda... okay, doesn't quite feel like enough.

I will say for a Bethesda game combat can be pretty fun, with some really cool guns / abilities, and there are some side story quest chains that could have easily been their own game they are so strong, so I will give them credit there.

It is going to be interesting to see how I feel about Cyberpunk when I go back to that in a few days, whether BG3 spoils that for me too, or whether Starfield acts as an ironic come back to Earth recalibrater to enjoy what Cyberpunk has to offer.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician Fair enough. I still haven’t gotten decent outposts and keep getting sidetracked by quests. Just finished Groundpounder.

I gotta say even though it is human nature it bothers me that after barely escaping extinction (lore stares humanity lots billions of lives during the exodus) humans are at each other’s throats so quickly. If there were spacefaring aliens in game (not counting terrormorphs) humanity would be dead already. Good thing the one higher tech group is also disorganized for obvious reasons.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

@Magician If you ever feel the need to leverage manufacturing for easy xp, I recommend Nikola I in the Nikola system. Find a plot of land that has iron and aluminum available for extraction. Four drills on both will give you 500 of each resource after a couple hours of sleep. Travel to The Den in the Wolf system to offload whatever you need to sell.

Credits will flow like water.

Magician

Xbox mid-gen refresh looking to push the platform to all-digital...all the time.

I don't collect disc-based media, so I'm fine with this.

RupeeClock

@Magician
I recall rumours the PS5 refresh may also go disc-less, but might provide an option to use an official external Blu-Ray drive accessory.

My understanding is that the existing PS5 digital-only model is the considerably less popular option despite being $100 cheaper. I think both Sony and Microsoft would have a hard time pushing a 100% digital system, it already didn't take very well when Sony tried it with the PSP Go (and they already had to contend with how easy piracy was on previous models).

RupeeClock

Magician

Level 72 in Starfield.

About ten minutes a level at the moment. Probably fifteen minutes per level once I'm into the high-80s or low-90s? Might reach level 100 after another five or six hours. Give or take.

Anti-Matter

I think I will play my XBOX 360 again once I get Kinect Disney Rush.

Anti-Matter

Magician

Cyberpunk 2077 base game is currently 40% off.

Since Starfield is almost over, I think I'll spring for this now and decide later on Phantom Liberty.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Open world, co-op multiplayer, survival Pokemon-clone...Palworld.

Edited on by Magician

ZeldaFan83

RupeeClock wrote:

@Magician
My understanding is that the existing PS5 digital-only model is the considerably less popular option despite being $100 cheaper. I think both Sony and Microsoft would have a hard time pushing a 100% digital system, it already didn't take very well when Sony tried it with the PSP Go (and they already had to contend with how easy piracy was on previous models).

I would believe this. But look at Steam back 10-15 years ago. You had physical media but I remember back in those days, pc gamers started to want everything on Steam.

You’ll have those gamers who want physical media. But unfortunately, I think most Sony and Microsoft gamers prefer the convenience (I hate this word) of digital.

ZeldaFan83

Magician

Level 90 in Starfield. So close to the end now. At this moment it takes 13 minutes to grind one level. Probably will edge towards 15 minutes per level for the last half dozen or so levels. Pop that last trophy, then I'll be inclined to fire up Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time.

I know I'll go back to Starfield at some point. Two...maybe three years from now.

Ryu_Niiyama

UGH the quest bugs in starfield are killing me. Stuck in the Rangers faction quest now. This is why I don't play Bethesda games on console. I'd switch to PC gamepass and play there but I think it will melt my GPU. Gotta hold out until TES6.

Haha! Just found out Hadrian can be a travel buddy! Yes!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

1000/1000 in Starfield over the weekend. Happy to move on from the game. I might consider coming back to the game when the DLC drops next year? We'll see.

Started Cyberpunk 2077, about ten hours into now. And I must admit that I'm having a bit of whiplash. Coming off of Starfield where it's load screen, on top of load screen, on top of load screen. Messing around in 2077's seamless open world has me asking, "where are the load screens, lol."

The only load screens are into the game proper or if I fast travel. But you'd miss the random encounters with gang members for easy xp and credits it you fast travel. So it's better to walk or drive.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

I am now 90-ish hours into Cyberpunk 2077. I have played through the Phantom Liberty DLC. Unlike the base game, throughout the PL DLC I have had to reload old save files multiple times in order to rectify several minor bugs.

Once was an audio glitch where the sound effect for accessing my holo phone would loop endlessly, like background static. Another was during the Black Spire infiltration; while accessing the closed circuit television in order to help Idris Elba enter the building, suddenly my screen went near-completely dark, as though I smeared Nutella all over my screen or something, and that persisted outside of the cctv.

Beyond that I had to reload saves around half a dozen times because access to either my holo phone, calling my vehicle, and/or access to my character menu was inaccessible. "You cannot do that at this time." Even though I wasn't in dialogue or in combat.

Lastly, I save scummed four endings. Only to discover later that The Tower is a fifth ending. Unfortunately, I deleted my save from the inflection point in the story. So now if I want to pop that lone achievement for the fifth ending I'll have to go through all of the DLC...again.

Woof

Edited on by Magician

NintendoByNature

Well I had a lengthy post and it got deleted 😒. Long story short, huge xbox sale going on. Thinking about the quarry, re4r, and diablo 4. Alan wake 2 is on the horizon as well and I may grab it pending reviews. Being a huge F13th fan as well teen slasher movies, how does the quarry hold up? Anyone here play it?

NintendoByNature

Magician

Was on the verge of closing out Cyberpunk 2077 until I ran into the Path of Glory ending bug.

According to the comments section, waiting to board the AV, opening the map screen clears the bug.

We'll see after work today.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic