Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,701 to 14,720 of 16,083

BruceCM

Maybe but being an RE game with all it's doors requiring certain keys & everything, @Eel .... It makes sense that the Village is in the middle of the 4 outlying areas! I've done the doll bit & the watery area after that & might as well let you know it only gets weirder as it goes

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

That Mother Miranda didn't invest in any magical storage boxes so I unfortunately missed out on the free rifle (I didn't have enough room in my inventory with the bonus Samurai Edge gun, but you can still buy the rifle afterwards thankfully).

Sigh I guess I was left a bit frustrated by the fact I couldn't return to the castle to pick it up, because I actually dreamed about returning.

Cut to a long long dream of me running away from Lady Dimitrescu all over again. My brain rationalized that she was probably back to keep the castle from being too boring for people returning to it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

Just finished Village. It is amazing! Currently best game of 2021! I have no idea what can beat it.

It was such a fun ride! And the connections to the rest of the series!

Now I want old man Leon RE game!

BruceCM

Oh, I just got the last flask in place, @Zuljaras .... Shouldn't be too much longer, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

All done now, @Zuljaras.... 9/10, best RE game so far

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

All of Village was those themes, so I'm not sure why you think they'd change that in the next game, @Zuljaras....?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zuljaras

@BruceCM Well I hope so. Because I do not want another RE Revelations 1, RE5 or RE6. RE7 was in a house with TVs and stuff but still it had that rustic charm. RE8 was perfect!

RE0,1,2, 3 and 4 had parts that were gothic/creepy.

I just want the tradition to continue

BruceCM

Well, I liked Revelations 1 & 2 as well, @Zuljaras.... Perhaps if they do a 3rd of those, it can be along those lines whilst main games stick to similar themes as most of the series

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@BruceCM

I maintain that Revelations 2 is one of the best in the series! It's probably my 3rd favourite after RE4 and RE2 Remake.

I'm waiting a bit before doing Village though, because I still haven't played 7, though it's sitting on my shelf.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

8 comes with a recap movie for 7, if you want to catch up with the story of Ethan.

I particularly enjoyed how they specifically avoided showing Chris's face on the recap.

Though of course if you want to experience play and 7 all by yourself, then that's a good option too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Eel

Yeah given that 7 was quite well received, I think I'll just play it first. Just waiting til I'm in the mood really. Most of the time I'm not really up for the more horror-oriented games, although I often do like them after I finally force myself to play them.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Ok played through the doll section, and the dam section.

Doll was fun, a bit short, but very horror-like. Ethan basically went to Silent Hill for that bit.

The dam was a bit annoying. With the waiting, guessing, slow movement and instant deaths you need to memorize, but I suppose it at least didn't overstay it's welcome too much.

I also had the great idea of recording my playthrough to save it on YouTube. Of course, the first hour-long episode took a day and a half to upload... So that's gonna be a fun process... Sigh.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Magician

Fired up Nier Automata for first time and played for around five hours.

I can see what all the hubbub is about.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

@Eel You know you can get banned for playing Xbox around these parts. Just a heads up.

Octane

Zuljaras

I've finished Resident Evil 3 Remake. It was not as atmospheric as I imagined it. Resident Evil 2 Remake was better in all aspects. Still fun game.

Now I need to finish the tedious Revelations 2.

I swear it is damn hard to play Resident Evil games that are not the main ones

After that I will find and play the original Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis

And after that Code Veronica X

Quick question Veronica X is the same as Code Veronica right? It is just the PS2 port name?

jump

@Zuljaras Yeah, Code Veronica and Code Veronica X are pretty much the same things. There's a few extras in X but nothing big.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

Magician wrote:

Fired up Nier Automata for first time and played for around five hours.

I can see what all the hubbub is about.

I've fully set my sights on getting NieR: Automata and NieR: Replicant very soon. Just as I loved Kojima's work I'm sure I'll love Taro!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic