Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,241 to 12,260 of 14,342

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

I have asked about that last week but it seems NOBODY has any interest with My Time at Portia.

It is a fairly minor game. The only games that really get a large following on this forum are the 1st party Nintendo games, with a few exceptions for big 3rd party AAA games like Witcher 3 or Dark Souls.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

All PS3/PS4 DLC is region locked, the copy of a game has to match the region of that game's DLC. So like if you have a Europe PSN account, you need a Europe copy of a game. It's the games themselves that aren't region locked (e.g. you can play a NA game on a Europe PS4).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Anti-Matter Nobody is hating on you. It's just that you can't expect people on a Nintendo forum to have played an incredibly niche PS4 game, that's probably why nobody answered your question. So again, why not go over to PushSquare and try to ask it over there? Or Twitter like @redd214 suggested?

Octane

Grumblevolcano

While Sony hasn't officially announced no PSX, it's too late to announce for a December event. Do you think maybe there will be PSX in early 2020 then with people getting to check out the PS5?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Grumblevolcano Im sure there will be some type of event in February to reveal the 5 just like they did with the 4. Whether its a PSX style event or just a "Playstation Meeting" anyone's guess, though id assume the latter. Then a return to E3 in some capacity for more hand on. Exciting times nonetheless!

redd214

Ralizah

PS5 is coming next Christmas, so an early reveal event is inevitable.

Q1 is a good time, as it gives the public plenty of time to soak up the details on the new system. Dedicate E3 to upcoming PS4/PS5 games.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

NEStalgia

Isn't PS5 out yet? I thought it was. They discontinued PS4 like 10 years ago and just talked about PS5 since then. When's PS6 coming?

NEStalgia

Octane

I just want to know what's new in HZD2

Octane

Sadist

Are there people here playing Death Stranding?

Its weird btw... but very engaging at the same time ha.

Sadist

Octane

@Sadist I am. I've played the prologue and chapter 1. Granted, it's heavy on cut-scenes, so I haven't really done a lot myself, but at least some of the trailers make sense now. Well, kinda.

Octane

BruceCM

That's surprising, @Octane .... Not like any of his previous games were like that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Octane

@BruceCM Haven't really played MGS, so I wouldn't know.

The gameplay definitely has some interesting elements; I'm curious to see how far they're going to take the stealth elements, because it can get quite tense.

I'm personally not a big fan of the online connectivity. Seeing structures other people have built is neat, but I like to do it myself. There's no challenge when there's a bridge built every other minute, no need to get into the water yourself etc. I've turned it off, but I'm curious if it also removes the existing structures, otherwise I'll consider starting a new playthrough.

And what's with Kojima and wanting to remind us he made the game? If you took a shot every time ''KOJIMA'' appeared on screen, you'd be drunk in 10 minutes...

Octane

Spanjard

@Octane It’s the same with MGS, he really wants to be remembered.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

BruceCM

Well, I only tried MGS V on GamePass, @Octane .... But I was skipping plenty of scenes in the time I played

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

TuVictus

I heard the final cutscene is like 2 hours long. Which, even if I have no interest in the game, I'm impressed by just because of the sheer length. People say he should just make movies, but maybe the reason he doesn't is because his stories require way more than 2 hours, lol

TuVictus

Trajan

I'm only a few hours in. It's pretty interesting. Seems like what people say they enjoyed about BOTW the game. Bunch of exploring.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Sadist

“Kojima how many times are you mentioned in the opening cutscene?”

Kojima: Yes.

The multiplayer element makes me think about Dark Souls. Not a bad thing. Game itself is strange, but traversing the world has been interesting.

The encounter moments however are somewhat panicky.

Sadist

Dezzy

Finished Sekiro. Finally!

Easily one of my favourite in the Soulsborne series. I think i'd put it about the same quality as Bloodborne, which is tied second after DS1 for me. So:
DS1>Bloodborne=Sekiro>DS3>DS2 (and still not played Demons Souls, waiting for a remaster please).

I think this probably had the best gameplay in the series, and it definitely had some of the best bosses. I still do massively prefer the setting for Dark Souls though. While the world of Sekiro was very well designed, it just didn't feel like it had that kind of magic and mystery that Dark Souls 1 especially did.

The world was noway near as interconnected as Dark Souls 1, and it had a lot less in terms of secrets to uncover through exploration. In fact this was their first game for a while that had no large secret area you have to discover. Dark Souls 3 had Archdragon Peak. Bloodborne had Cainhurst Castle. Dark Souls 1 had Painted World and Great Hollow/Ash Lake. And I can't remember what Dark Souls 2 had because I've wiped it from my memory. Sekiro had nothing like this.

Game of the year so far though. I haven't played RE2 or Death Stranding though, so one of those might usurp it when I do! I'm not sure what else this year might challenge it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NotTelevision

@Dezzy I’m with on DS1 being the best Soulsborne game overall. It had the most memorable collection of bosses, NPCs, and I liked the interconnected world like you mentioned. Bloodborne to me though had the best and most oppressive/sinister atmosphere, as well as the most refined presentation and music in any of the games.

I’d place Sekiro above DS3 because I like how it altered the gameplay. It basically says here is this sword- now go and learn how to use it because this is your weapon for the whole game. Sure there are the different abilities and prosthetics, but it probably the most straightforward combat in any of the SB games. That is a plus for me because the game really makes you feel like you are engaged in a sword fight for those encounters. The combat being centered around the clashing of steel and swift movement totally works.

Presentation wise, the areas and music in Sekiro fall a bit short. I give exception to Mibu Village, Fountainhead Palace, and Senpou Temple. The whole of Senpou Temple in particular was awesome and might be the highlight of the game for me. The combat music for the area is just brilliant with those creepy Monks chanting over those thunderous drums.

Beating Demon of Hatred and Isshin, the Sword Saint though- wow. The later especially being the ultimate test of mental and hand-eye coordination. A couple of nights I had to accept defeat and rest my aching hands.

Anyway great game and one of the best this year for sure.

NotTelevision

RR529

After playing the first two games back to back I've decided to take a lengthy break from the .Hack G.U. collection. Story is pretty interesting, but the core dungeon crawling gameplay gets a bit dull after awhile (especially since they only have a few different environmental themes, and often feel like padding to stretch out the story or otherwise more interesting sections).

Anyhow, I've jumped into Tearaway Unfolded, which is off to a good first impression. Takes a bit for the platforming itself to really start coming into play (you don't even gain the ability to independently jump until the tail end of the second area), but it seems to be one of the few titles I've played that seems to make meaningful use of things like the controller's touchpad & gyro (and even the Playstation Camera, which is used to show a window into the real world, through a literal tear in the sky), and it's full of charm.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic