Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,241 to 12,260 of 12,260

Magician

Finished Wolfenstein Youngblood. Having played it start to finish with a friend might have given me an askewed perspective, but this wasn't as awful as some suggested. I still prefer this progression system over the standard Wolfenstein progression which asks that you play in ways you probably wouldn't want to. But if I had played this solo I probably would've been pulling my hair out.

Switch Physical Collection - 401 games (as of September 12th, 2019)
Currently playing: Earthlock (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Trajan

@Dezzy Yeah I picked it up two weeks ago. It's pretty awesome. Dare say I think I like it more than Smash due to the close range.

Bandai-Namco sure can make fighting games.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

MsJubilee

I bought a whole bunch of Assassins Creed games in that summer sale, for some reason i wanted to get back into the franchise. Stopped at 4(tried Unity on my Xb1 years back and didn't like it) and never look back, but yet here i am, gave Ubisoft my money( i feel like crap doing that to be perfectly honest).

I did try Origins a couple of months ago, didn't like it. The combat felt sluggish and amateurish, the side quests were god awful, the first story cutscene made me burst into laughter on how bad it was. I might give Origins another chance, maybe.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Grappler Baki & The Saga of Tanya the Evil(light novel volume one).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

Started up .Hack: Recode last night. Combat so far, at least what I've actually been able to play of it, has been simple but fun.

Graphically you can definitely tell it's PS2 roots, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

It looks like it's going to be DENSE in terms of story & lore though. So far all the cutscenes have been quite long (long enough that during both play sessions I've had so far, I've wondered if I'd get the chance to save before having to quit). Also, the game takes place in a fictional MMO, and so the main menu is designed to look like a computer screen, and goes as far to provide an encyclopedia of things in the game and even has mockup "game news" & even "player forums" pages for you to trawl through, though I'm not sure how integral to the main story they're going to be.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

darkfenrir

@RR529 they'll have things that connect to the main stories, and give signs of what is happening. Definitely don't neglect them, imo. Very good gauging of what is happening irl in game as well.

Also, they sometimes contain hint on areas to explore for certain stuff iirc (like number combination)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Grumblevolcano

Sony has bought Insomniac Games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

So did Stormland get canceled? I mean I know we are in a brave new world of devs putting games on many systems regardless of bank rolling but still...

Granted insomniac is a good fit...most of their portfolio is sony anyway...so um Spiderman 2 soon yeah?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

I distinctly remember the Insomniac owner saying that independence from a publisher was crucial to their company. Lol. Oh well. Guess that's just business. They probably figured Sony is quite a good owner because they'll largely be able to do the same stuff they were doing anyway.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy I expected them to buy Remedy. But I guess they're next?

Anyway, yeah, I don't expect things to change a lot. They were going to make a Spider-Man sequel anyway.

Octane

Magician

Batman AA and Darksiders III for the PS+ games next month.

Not bad.

Switch Physical Collection - 401 games (as of September 12th, 2019)
Currently playing: Earthlock (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Ralizah

Yakuza 7 has turn-based combat now in addition to a new main character.

LOL I'm excited for this new evolution of the Yakuza series. It was always basically a JRPG anyway, so this makes perfect sense to me.

Ralizah

link3710

Oh hey, I'll take both of those. Arkham Asylum is always worth another dive into, and Darksiders III is on my wish list. Not that I know when I'll play them but...

link3710

link3710

@redd214 Oh welp. I mean, I haven't played that one yet, so that's probably better anyways. I didn't exactly hear good things about it though.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 Don't believe a word of it. Arkham Knight is fantastic. I liked it more than Arkham City, personally.

Ralizah

link3710

@Ralizah Most of what I heard involved stuff like the massive frame rate issues and the like, so I'm guessing that's all been patched up by now. Or maybe it was PC exclusive, never played the series on console before.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 Performance was fine on PS4 at launch. It was, indeed, a total mess on PC, unfortunately. Really poorly optimized, for some reason.

Ralizah

link3710

Ah okay, I guess that explains it! Thanks!

link3710

RR529

I got the Return to Arkham collection (Asylum & City remasters) awhile ago when it was on sale, so this is perfect timing for me. I've only played Asylum so far.

From what I've read over on Push Square, it's mixed reception comes largely from the how the Batmobile controls, which is a real love or hate it kind of affair.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic