Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,201 to 12,220 of 16,084

Ralizah

God of War for $10. Waiting for rock bottom pricing paid off.

Even games released just this year are down to $20.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MsJubilee

Ralizah wrote:

These publishers made a solid case to never buying a game day one.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

MsJubilee wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Pretty sure these very heavy sales over the past however many years it has been is a response to Steam sales. Sure it's Black Friday sales but look at Nintendo, their sales are very tame in comparison and that's in part to the mindset of not competing with anyone.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Pretty sure these very heavy sales over the past however many years it has been is a response to Steam sales. Sure it's Black Friday sales but looks at Nintendo, their sales are very tame in comparison and that's in part to the mindset of not competing with anyone.

I don't think so Steam and their sales have always been a second thought to these publishers. Hell PC gaming as a whole is a second thought to them. I think the only few reasons these publishers make their games on sale cause they want to make their money back, they want to make a quick buck if the game was successful or retailers have too many copies in stock. Like that Gamestop $5 Anthem deal, it screams of desperation to get rid of all those unbought copies

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Octane

@MsJubilee For games like God of War, or Spider-Man, I don't think it's a ''desperate attempt'' when they already sold something like 10 million copies. They're just lowering the price to keep the sales up. If everyone who's willing to buy it at €60 has bought it, there's no reason to keep the price that high. Don't forget, these games already have made their money back, they are already profitable. And it just makes more sense to sell a ton more copies at a lower price, than keep the price artificially high with fewer copies sold.

Octane

redd214

@linq do it! You're getting 3 masterpieces as well! I'm not personally a fan of the Last of Us but it's very highly regarded. The other 2 are great as well, God of War is the game of the generation in my opinion. You won't be disappointed!!

redd214

redd214

@linq yeah I believe all the big exclusives will be 10 bucks. Also most of the big guys (Target, Bestbuy, Walmart etc) are starting their sales tomorrow if you want to avoid the rush on Friday.

Also for you or anyone else looking to plan out your shopping, he's a hand spreadsheet from cheapassgamer

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%253A%252F...

Edited on by redd214

redd214

RR529

If you haven't jumped in yet, now looks to be the time to get into PSVR.

There are two bundles releasing this Black Friday week, and I believe they're both $199.

The first comes with Blood & Truth (a highly reviewed exclusive FPS), Everybody's Golf VR (exclusive golf game that I believe scored well too), and a pair of Move controllers.

The second comes with Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (highly reviewed exclusive platformer, which I can confirm is fantastic), Resident Evil VII (it's fully VR compatible), Skyrim VR, Everybody's Golf VR, and Playstation VR Worlds (exclusive minigame compilation).

It's also been confirmed that the headset will be compatible with PS5.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

@linq

Don't forget the next gen consoles are gonna be backwards compatible. Maybe just save the money and get a PS5.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@linq you're welcome! Most sales are live now so get to shopping! I've been on it all morning scooping up deals

redd214

Dezzy

@linq

Great stuff. Have you not played any of the soulsborne games then?

Dezzy

@linq

Nice, you're in for an absolute treat then. Make sure you get the DLC for Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 before you start. They contain some of the best moments in each game (there are GOTY retail versions that contain the DLC on disc)

And you can play them all in any order because they're all completely unrelated, but if I were you I'd do Bloodborne or Sekiro first, because they both focus on different battle mechanics than the Dark Souls games do, so it's good to do them earlier because if you Dark Souls 2 and 3 first, you'll get so used to that battle style that it'll be harder to switch to something different.

Definitely do Dark Souls 2 last though, pretty much everyone agrees it's the worst. I'd go Bloodborne->Dark Souls 3->Sekiro->Dark Souls 2

MsJubilee

I just bought Far Cry 5 from the PSN Black Friday sale. Ooh my god, I regret it so much. The perk system, awful writing, generic cultists and those forced "cull the herd" story missions have made me regret this purchase. To be perfectly honest I should've played 4 again.

Dezzy

@linq

The DLC in Bloodborne fits in towards the end of the game, so you can always start the game as soon as you get it, and then wait and see if the DLC ends up being in one of the Christmas sales.

Magician

My willpower crumbled as I grab The Division 2 for $15.

Re-upped the PS+ membership while I was at it.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NEStalgia

@linq I agree PS5 sounds too expensive but " You can build a decent PC for that.".....a good video card alone is going to run $300 minimum and that's at the low-mid-end range.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

A PC built for $500 is almost definitely going to be less powerful than the PS5, I would guess.

Dezzy

@linq

Sure, but that's partly a power issue.

Breath of the Wild wouldn't run on a 3DS. So you needed a more powerful console to play such an advanced game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic