Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,353

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Oh.. oh god. That's hideous. He looks like one of those aliens from Episode II of starwars. Those grey ones that own the cloning planet.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ralizah

I'm really happy Mermaid is back from IV: Apocalypse.

@Kirby_EU Yes! Chironnupu is back from Apocalypse as well!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

Atlus really like designing honest looking girls with long hair

Tao looks almost exactly like Tsubasa from Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Ichinose from Persona 5 Strikers lol

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

A lot has been said about how this looks similar in certain ways to Nocturne, but I'm also getting pretty big If... vibes from this, especially since we now know that the characters aren't trapped in Da'at and seem to attend school in their original dimension post-exposure to the other Tokyo. I'm guessing the school will play a pretty big role in this game.

Actually, I wonder if there's any possibility of school life gameplay factoring into this. The reaction from the edgelord fanbase would be hilarious, but as long as it didn't take up a massive amount of play time, I wouldn't mind being able to do stuff in modern Tokyo. One of the most distinctive aspects of SMT I was just how long you stayed in something resembling the everyday world.

@TheFrenchiestFry It's a pretty traditional design for a Japanese high school girl.

I can already tell the Atsuta siblings are going to overshadow the rest of the cast, lol.

@Snaplocket I won't hear of anyone demeaning demon lord best girl Hikaru.

Untitled

Certainly beats his real form in that game, which looks like alien Freddie Mercury or something.

Edited on by Ralizah

VoidofLight

@Ralizah I actually thought of something like that too, upon hearing that the school is going to be re-occurring. I honestly wouldn't mind there being some gameplay elements to do with the school itself, but I doubt they'd make it a huge element, given Persona exists for a reason.

Ralizah

@VoidofLight tbh I breathed a sign of relief when I saw the other characters, heard about Bethel, and read that you're not trapped in Da'at, tbh. Some basic school life gameplay would be even better.

The initial trailer was stunning, but also made me think it was going to be another lonely experience where you're surrounded by nothing but demons 90% of the time like Nocturne.

Edited on by Ralizah

VoidofLight

@Ralizah I haven't played Nocturne, but the few glimpses I've seen.. it looked pretty lonely.

Ralizah

@VoidofLight It doesn't help that, the few times you run into your human "friends" who also survive the apocalypse, they grow progressively more insane and frightening over the course of the game.

TheFrenchiestFry

If the gameplay also partially delves into school life stuff I wonder if instead of taking cues from an obvious point of inspiration like Persona, they instead take some pages out of Fire Emblem Three Houses and how it handled the Monastery and elements of its support system

I don't expect the school life stuff to be a huge part of SMT V, certainly not to the extent of the social sim stuff you do day-to-day in a Persona game, but it'd be a nice way to diversify gameplay and perhaps bring in the Persona crowd without immediately alienating the people who play mainline for the streamlined narrative and battling/recruiting mechanics

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry I could see them going the monastery route, where it's mostly just a hub area, or base of operations, and you spend a lot of time there prepping for stuff.

Ralizah

Anahita is today's demon. It's an interesting, eye-catching design (especially the hair!). Supposedly she's associated with water and (sexual) fertility, so the design makes a lot of sense to me.

Looks like tomorrow is Chironnupu.

TheFrenchiestFry

That hair looks even more luscious than the Nahobino's lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

Anahita as always being gorgeous! My favorite goddess in Strange Journey Redux.

But I still disagree with this Demeter's design. A harvest's goddess being a "Loli" ... oh Japan.

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

TheFrenchiestFry

@Alex90 Yeah I personally prefer how Demeter looked in the Persona 2 duology myself

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

Let me just say, this game's animations is so slick, my boy! Hope it sells more than 1 million. If not, please Atlus, release this game on Steam!

Funny compilation of "Hoy!"

Edited on by Alex90

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

Ralizah

@Alex90 Considering how SMT IV performed on 3DS, and how much more attention this entry is attracting, and how much better Switch games tend to sell in general, I'd be shocked if this doesn't ship at least 1.5 million copies lifetime. Still doesn't hold a candle to P5, of course, but that'd more than double the series' previous sales record.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic