Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,353

TheFrenchiestFry

Alright, Persona's 25th happens in 2 months and we have an official website now teasing 7 projects

Make your predictions. Mine are:

• Another Persona PC port (probably P3 because 15th anniversary)
  • Persona 5 Arena for PS4, PS5, Switch and Steam from ArcSys Team Blue
  • Persona Q3 for Switch featuring the Persona 1/2 casts
  • Persona 6 for PS4/PS5 probably

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

VoidofLight

I'm really hoping for something on Persona 6, but I still feel like it could be a bit too early for that. I'm also hoping for some sort of Persona 3 port, since it's the only one of the modern persona titles I've yet to see anything on.

I also really hope we'll get remakes, or ports of 1 and 2, so that everyone will have a chance to play the entire series, and it won't be that hard to get ahold of them.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight I'd be more than satisfied if we got a "Classic Persona Trilogy" pack on PC or consoles with the PSP versions of each game including Eternal Punishment's remake fully localized

Call it the "Persona: Beginnings Bundle" or something

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry That could work honestly.

Also, I didn't actually know that this whole thing is stretching to Autumn 2022. I thought it was just going to be a thing going until the end of fall this year. This means if Persona 6 is going to make an appearance as one of these announcements, we're still extremely far off from being able to see what it'll be like, assuming it's going to be their last announcement.

TheFrenchiestFry

Speaking of Persona and anniversaries, Happy 15th Anniversary to Persona 3!

TheFrenchiestFry

Primo40295

Beyond excited for this!
My predictions:

• Definitely another Persona 5 spin off, maybe a what if scenario involving the protagonists and teams from all the previous games: Scramble? Arena? Q3?
  • Probably Persona 5 royal the animation (hopefully better than the last one)
  • Since they acknowledged Naoya, Tatsuya and Maya maybe a Persona Origins collection
  • Ports and remasters everywhere: I’m currently replaying P4g on my ps vita because I don’t own a pc at the moment so I definitely would like to be able to play these games on console (every console would be great so everyone could experience these amazing games). It will be the best way to make easy money and generate hype for an eventual
  • Very small teaser for Persona 6
  • (Hopefully with simultaneous worldwide release for everything)

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

VoidofLight

I’d honestly love a Royal anime if they just get a new studio to do it, and if they effectively redo the entire animation of 5, integrating the royal plot into the story in a natural manner, before eventually getting to the royal arc like the games. This way we can get an actual good persona 5 anime as well as a good Royal content anime.

Ralizah

@Snaplocket Well, adding the "Shin Megami Tensei" name to Persona games on PS2 outside of Japan was just them trying to use Nocturne's reasonably successful release to advertise the games, as amazing as that seems today.

Modern Persona is more audience-pleasing and accessible, so it's an easier pitch to people by default.

Also, SMT spent a long time in the portable ghetto. I love my Nintendo handhelds, but a lot of people automatically dismiss games released on handhelds.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Snaplocket Revelations was the initial all encompassing branding in the US for Megami Tensei adjacent series since the only Atlus game released in English at that time was Jack Bros. , before every game during the mid-2000s adopted the Shin Megami Tensei moniker

Last Bible was also released in English as Revelations: The Demon Slayer and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment didn't even have such branding

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Primo40295 I think if we're bound for a new Persona 5 spinoff it has to be Arena at this point. They've checked out every other box in terms of the console spinoffs Persona 4 got except a fighting game and we haven't heard anything about what Team Blue (BlazBlue, P4A) at ArcSys have been working on since Granblue VS. and BlazBlue Cross Tag

Plus Arena can also be a place where they can bring in the classic Persona casts since P4A and P4AU also had crossover elements between Persona 4 and Persona 3, essentially acting as sequels to both

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Primo40295

@TheFrenchiestFry Well I'll gladly take that, never played any spinoff outside of scramble but I've heard a lot of good things about Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. A fighting game to celebrate all the mainline titles would be absolutely great and it will be the perfect way to put a proper "end" to Persona 5 after all these years so everyone can focus on 6.

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

TheFrenchiestFry

@Primo40295 The stories aren't the best but as fighting games they're incredibly satisfying. I also like the original characters they created like Labrys and Sho Minazuki and they're packed with a ton of fanservice for people who played Persona 3 and 4 through references, easter eggs and even the main story itself

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight Yeah if a new Persona anime happens A-1 needs to go lol

AIC ASTA or whoever was doing the vanilla P4 Animation needs to come back. P4GA and P5A were awful (although I haven't seen the Persona 3 movies yet)

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PlayStation Japan's Twitter is acknowledging Persona 3's 15th anniversary.

This is the game that made me an Atlus fan and has one of my favorite gaming soundtracks of all time next to titles like Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy VI & VII. I also still think it has some of the best social links in the entire series and the best story of the neo-Persona entries by far.

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic